Jump to content
joewilly12

Chiefs Le'Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I'm happy to be back in a good offense

Recommended Posts

Chiefs’ Le’Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I’m happy to be back in a ‘good’ offense

Updated 6:58 AM; Today 6:57 AM 
Le'Veon Bell

Former New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell debuts this week with the Kansas City Chiefs.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chiefs running back Le’Veon Bell took a parting shot at the New York Jets on Wednesday, following his first workout in Kansas City. Per the Kansas City Star:

“It’s kind of just reinventing myself,” Bell said. “I played at a high level for so long. I’ve had two years where it’s not been on a high level. I just want to get back here, get my feet back under me, get in a good offense and get the ball when I can in some space. Not have too much pressure on me. Just go out there and play football. That’s really what I want to do. I think coming here is going to give me the opportunity to do that.”


Buy Jets-Chiefs Week 8 tickets: StubHub


 

A good offense. Yeah, that’s something Bell never had in his two seasons with the Jets, who released the disgruntled running back last week. Bell promptly signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs, going from league doormat to defending league champions.

 

“I think it will be a lot different,” he said, before launching into the explanation. "We run a little more open sets here. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things. Defenses don’t really know if you’re coming inside, outside or way outside. Screens, all types of things. In this offense, so many guys carry the ball so many directions, it’s kind of hard to prepare for one guy. I think that’s the biggest thing for me.”

Bell and the Chiefs visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. After that, it’s a Bell reunion, as the Jets visit Kansas City for a Week 8 matchup.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm old enough to remember when it was "a bad day" for Gase haters because Le'Veon Bell told a reporter he liked Adam Gase.

LOL

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope Bell crushes it in KC, he deserves a good HC.

He did play for Tomlin for a few years, but I get your point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headline was misleading, thought Bell was needlessly mouthing off. Evidently, was not.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn't a parting shot. 

The headline wasn't what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy to be IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

Exactly. They've been desperate for Bell drama since day 1

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I take umbrage with his comment is about not having too much pressure on him now. Like it or not, he held out and signed a big fat contract, so that pressure was self-inflicted. Don't feel bad for him there, but I wish him well. He was completely misused here.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope Bell crushes it in KC, he deserves a good HC.

Please, he ‘deserves’ nothing. He had a good HC and was on a good offense in Pitt then cryed his way out of town due to greed.

Cry me a river with all the Bell sympathy.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn't a parting shot. 

The headline wasn't what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy to be IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

He also conceded that he can’t be the focal point of an offense anymore. And, in his initial presser, he called Mahomes “the first MVP-type QB” he’ll get to play with, which was a nice shot at Roethlisberger.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm old enough to remember when it was "a bad day" for Gase haters because Le'Veon Bell told a reporter he liked Adam Gase.

LOL

Yeah, check out this devastating broadside of Gase where Bell says that the two teams run different styles of offense. This ranks right up there with that ex-Dolphin guy who said the Dolphins “lacked an identity.” 

. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wanna call it a parting shot - good.  Any criticism or shot this team is given is well deserved. They’re terrible in almost every facet. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Revised headline:  Chiefs' Le'Veon Bell Makes Accurate Statement

Story at 11

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish Le’veon nothing but the best. The Jets found a way to misuse their best offensive weapon in the backfield since Curtis Martin. What a shame. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

angrygase.jpg

"LEVEON IS DONE YOU WILL SEE"

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Chiefs’ Le’Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I’m happy to be back in a ‘good’ offense

Updated 6:58 AM; Today 6:57 AM 
Le'Veon Bell

Former New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell debuts this week with the Kansas City Chiefs.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chiefs running back Le’Veon Bell took a parting shot at the New York Jets on Wednesday, following his first workout in Kansas City. Per the Kansas City Star:

“It’s kind of just reinventing myself,” Bell said. “I played at a high level for so long. I’ve had two years where it’s not been on a high level. I just want to get back here, get my feet back under me, get in a good offense and get the ball when I can in some space. Not have too much pressure on me. Just go out there and play football. That’s really what I want to do. I think coming here is going to give me the opportunity to do that.”


Buy Jets-Chiefs Week 8 tickets: StubHub


 

A good offense. Yeah, that’s something Bell never had in his two seasons with the Jets, who released the disgruntled running back last week. Bell promptly signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs, going from league doormat to defending league champions.

 

“I think it will be a lot different,” he said, before launching into the explanation. "We run a little more open sets here. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things. Defenses don’t really know if you’re coming inside, outside or way outside. Screens, all types of things. In this offense, so many guys carry the ball so many directions, it’s kind of hard to prepare for one guy. I think that’s the biggest thing for me.”

Bell and the Chiefs visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. After that, it’s a Bell reunion, as the Jets visit Kansas City for a Week 8 matchup.

That is not a parting shot.

That is the truth

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

angrygase.jpg

"LEVEON IS DONE YOU WILL SEE"

SAR I

Honestly I don’t think so. But at least KC’s offense is good enough his success can be attributed to the team he’s on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see where he said anything wrong. Adam Gase has this team trending towards the worst offense in NFL history. Maybe players of Le’Veon Bell’s status publicly saying he’s finally in a good offense now should be all Chris Johnson needs to hear if he hasn’t seen enough already lol wtf is even going on here anymore. This team is clueless.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell walked out on the Steelers because he wanted to be paid bell cow money.  He signed with us to be the man getting all the carries.  Now he's happy to be paid like a bell cow running back and be one of many options with no pressure.

You want to be the man, get paid like the man, produce like the man.  Bell's comments at least is a recognition that he is no longer a prime time player, just a guy among many looking to contribute with no pressure.  

I view his comments as very telling, even he knows he's done,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn't a parting shot. 

The headline isn't even what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy to be IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

The media distorting things with misleading and/or outright dishonest headlines . . . par for the course, sadly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The media distorting things with misleading and/or outright dishonest headlines . . . par for the course, sadly. 

This one is a double down.  Misrepresented what Bell said in the headline, outright lie actually and then continued that theme in the editorial part by repeating that it was a parting shot.  At least they clearly printed Bells words in quotes disproving the entire point of this nonsense piece 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a parting shot at all.

Bell generally handled things with class, even while frustrated with the Jets.

He has continued to handle things with class since he left.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's so many legit thing to complain about on the Jets...there's no need to try to put words into someone's mouth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Chiefs’ Le’Veon Bell takes parting shot at Jets: I’m happy to be back in a ‘good’ offense

Updated 6:58 AM; Today 6:57 AM 
Le'Veon Bell

Former New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell debuts this week with the Kansas City Chiefs.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

Gone, but not forgotten.

Chiefs running back Le’Veon Bell took a parting shot at the New York Jets on Wednesday, following his first workout in Kansas City. Per the Kansas City Star:

“It’s kind of just reinventing myself,” Bell said. “I played at a high level for so long. I’ve had two years where it’s not been on a high level. I just want to get back here, get my feet back under me, get in a good offense and get the ball when I can in some space. Not have too much pressure on me. Just go out there and play football. That’s really what I want to do. I think coming here is going to give me the opportunity to do that.”


Buy Jets-Chiefs Week 8 tickets: StubHub


 

A good offense. Yeah, that’s something Bell never had in his two seasons with the Jets, who released the disgruntled running back last week. Bell promptly signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs, going from league doormat to defending league champions.

 

“I think it will be a lot different,” he said, before launching into the explanation. "We run a little more open sets here. I think (in New York), when we ran (the ball), it’s kind of a little more downhill. Here, it’s kind of horizontal, reverses, misdirection, all types of things. Defenses don’t really know if you’re coming inside, outside or way outside. Screens, all types of things. In this offense, so many guys carry the ball so many directions, it’s kind of hard to prepare for one guy. I think that’s the biggest thing for me.”

Bell and the Chiefs visit the Denver Broncos on Sunday. After that, it’s a Bell reunion, as the Jets visit Kansas City for a Week 8 matchup.

So basically he is happy...not really a shot at the Jets for saying what it is. KC will actaully run plays that give him a chance to work instead of just down the middle in stacked box. 

 

Good for him

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Bell walked out on the Steelers because he wanted to be paid bell cow money.  He signed with us to be the man getting all the carries.  Now he's happy to be paid like a bell cow running back and be one of many options with no pressure.

You want to be the man, get paid like the man, produce like the man.  Bell's comments at least is a recognition that he is no longer a prime time player, just a guy among many looking to contribute with no pressure.  

I view his comments as very telling, even he knows he's done,

your take is as bad a Gase playcalling

Have you seen any of the Jets games for the last two years? What are you talking about?

Bell is going to smash in KC because their coach is not an idiot and run plays that fits his players strengths...

Did you read his actaully comments? Seriously this is the my biggest annoyance with othe rJet fans,...no ackwoledgement of reality. You act like Bell was trash here despite giving it him all even when hurt. Despite the terrible playcalling and never being give a chance to win. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn't a parting shot. 

The headline isn't even what he said.  He didnt say he was happy to be BACK in a good offense 

He said he was happy TO BE IN A GOOD OFFENSE.  Didnt say he was in a bad offense in NY, even though everyone knows he was.

Man, thats not the same thing or insulting.  Medias pissed Bell wasn't insulting to the Jets and didnt bad mouth the team or his time in NY.  

Fake news

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, y2k8 said:

 

Since when is stating objective truth equate to "taking a shot" at the Jets?

100 % agree with you.  Nothing wrong with what he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CTM said:

Fake news

Totally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure glad I can be a passenger again...

tryna lead the way aint for me, man....

i like to take mytime...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...