No serious offers for Quinnen as of yet

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Who in the Jets defensive front 7 are opposing offenses most worried about?  What players take any degree of attention off Quinnen Williams?

Trading QW now seems like a buy high, sell low move.  I think his best days are ahead of him.  Still underperforming for sure on a defense that is flat out bad, but he looks better than last year and I'm confident he'd be worth more next year than this year.  No reason to trade him right now, especially after subtracting 3 players on the defense this year (Adams, McClendon, Willis) and seeing zero draft contribution on defense (Zuniga hurt all season, Davis playing mostly special teams and doing backflips).

Agree he will make others around him better. But I'm not turning down a #1 pick. 

Willis was a non-factor on the D this season. 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

he’s playing well this year 

Other teams smell blood in the water.  They see JD conducting a firesale.  The Jets will get lowball offers and they should say no.

I think QW is a guy to hold onto on defense, at least into his 3rd season as his trade value will only go up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

Q is Leo 2.0. Let him play near end of rookie contract then trade.

He’s better than Leo

I never bought into the Aaron Donald sh*t, but thought that he could be a Fletcher Cox/Gerald McCoy type.

I think that’s within reach, especially the way he’s been playing the last few weeks.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

He’s better than Leo

I never bought into the Aaron Donald sh*t, but thought that he could be a Fletcher Cox/Gerald McCoy type.

I think that’s within reach, especially the way he’s been playing the last few weeks.

The Adonald stuff came from the fact they both have baby fat. That's the only similarity. He may be better than Leo, but he's a lot closer to Leo than he is to Adonald.

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, Augustiniak said:

I don’t see why you’d trade Q for a 2nd, he is a good player.  

Yeah I would just hang on to him. Good kid, he isn't terrible. Probably won't live up to the draft position but he is showing signs of life.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:18 PM, jetstream23 said:

Other teams smell blood in the water.  They see JD conducting a firesale.  The Jets will get lowball offers and they should say no.

I think QW is a guy to hold onto on defense, at least into his 3rd season as his trade value will only go up.

He is playing much better this year. He’s young. Under team control for 3 years after this. Some players/positions take time to develop. He seems to be coming along. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

He is playing much better this year. He’s young. Under team control for 3 years after this. Some players/positions take time to develop. He seems to be coming along. 

That's the key. Don't want to trade him and then draft the same guy in the first, again.

• 2 years later...

Damn this was a tough read.  I mean, I knew there was a lot of "Q is a bust" talk back in the day, but it's so weird to read it now knowing what he's become.  

You'd think this would be a lesson to some of the fanbase in regards to patience, especially with top draft picks, but I'm sure we'll continue to see the same sh*t every time a 1st or 2nd rounder struggles out of the gate.  I mean look at JJ and he - by most metrics - had a good rookie year.  Suddenly his potential is capped by many around here:  "he'll be a solid player but not a game-changer"...can't tell you how many times I've read that this offseason.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Damn this was a tough read.  I mean, I knew there was a lot of "Q is a bust" talk back in the day, but it's so weird to read it now knowing what he's become.  

You'd think this would be a lesson to some of the fanbase in regards to patience, especially with top draft picks, but I'm sure we'll continue to see the same sh*t every time a 1st or 2nd rounder struggles out of the gate.  I mean look at JJ and he - by most metrics - had a good rookie year.  Suddenly his potential is capped by many around here:  "he'll be a solid player but not a game-changer"...can't tell you how many times I've read that this offseason.  

Image if Zach Wilson turns the corner the way Q did... Most of the forum would look foolish