If we get the #1 pick...I want new uniforms

On 10/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, SAR I said:

stripes.jpg

The "long stripe" is actually the wedge shaped wing that was part of our logo back in the 80's.  Nike did a good job bringing the older uniform into the modern era.  I didn't want green helmets but I'm used to them now.  The rest looks like any other Jets uniform.  Green and white is green and white, after all.

SAR I

So instead of a wing on the helmet they put a football...just to remind us of what sport they’re playing since it’s hard to tell sometimes. Clever.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, derp said:

So instead of a wing on the helmet they put a football...just to remind us of what sport they’re playing since it’s hard to tell sometimes. Clever.

balls.jpg

I know what you mean, it's hard to be the only team in the region to put sports equipment on their logo.  We are the worst.  We suck.  We are such losers.  

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg

I know what you mean, it's hard to be the only team in the region to put sports equipment on their logo.  We are the worst.  We suck.  We are such losers.  

SAR I

And it’s common in those sports. Now show all the NFL franchises with standalone footballs on their logos.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

And it’s common in those sports. Now show all the NFL franchises with standalone footballs on their logos.

We aren't named after an aggressive animal or a dominant human like so many of the other franchises.  They have it easy.  We have a challenge.  Can't even run with the tried-and-true NY logo because of the Giants.

We are named after a 50 year old piece of technology, and an airplane is a stupid thing to put on a logo.  Can't be a passenger jet, has to be a military warplane.  And that's not cool in 2020, might as well be a handgun or a taser.  

The logo is cool.  It says "Jets Football".  No one cares about this.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We aren't named after an aggressive animal or a dominant human like so many of the other franchises.  They have it easy.  We have a challenge.  Can't even run with the tried-and-true NY logo because of the Giants.

We are named after a 50 year old piece of technology, and an airplane is a stupid thing to put on a logo.  Can't be a passenger jet, has to be a military warplane.  And that's not cool in 2020, might as well be a handgun or a taser.  

The logo is cool.  It says "Jets Football".  No one cares about this.

SAR I

I care, the logo is not cool, and you ducked my question.

The Bengals have stripes, the Cowboys have a star, the Browns have nothing, the Steelers have I don't even know what, the Packers have a G, the Colts have a horseshoe. Helmets don't need a cool logo on them. Most of them are extremely simple. The best ones definitely are. They certainly do not need a football.

1 hour ago, derp said:

I care, the logo is not cool, and you ducked my question.

The Bengals have stripes, the Cowboys have a star, the Browns have nothing, the Steelers have I don't even know what, the Packers have a G, the Colts have a horseshoe. Helmets don't need a cool logo on them. Most of them are extremely simple. The best ones definitely are. They certainly do not need a football.

Well, they have a football and it's not going anywhere. 

If you hate our owner, hate our culture, hate our stadium, and hate our uniforms, what are you doing?  This isn't actually important, you know.  It's a form of entertainment.  I don't like Meryl Streep so I don't watch her movies.  My life is far better as a result.  

Get onboard or get out.  It's so easy to be happy again.  Just go.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Well, they have a football and it's not going anywhere. 

If you hate our owner, hate our culture, hate our stadium, and hate our uniforms, what are you doing?  This isn't actually important, you know.  It's a form of entertainment.  I don't like Meryl Streep so I don't watch her movies.  My life is far better as a result.  

Get onboard or get out.  It's so easy to be happy again.  Just go.

SAR I

We'll see if it's still there during the next iteration.

That second paragraph is literally just you putting words in my mouth. I haven't said any of that in this conversation or any other posts on this board. Closest I've come is a snide joke about the helmets. It was an okay attempt to take this back and forth off the rails, though.

Other than that, an excellent post by you. One of many, lately, it seems.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

We'll see if it's still there during the next iteration.

That second paragraph is literally just you putting words in my mouth. I haven't said any of that in this conversation or any other posts on this board. Closest I've come is a snide joke about the helmets. It was an okay attempt to take this back and forth off the rails, though.

Other than that, an excellent post by you. One of many, lately, it seems.

Wait.  So you like Meryl Streep?

SAR I

Sadly the real fans in the stadium were replaced with imposters for the most part, still some good down to earth resilient dedicated diehard NY Jets fans and then theres guys like SOR I. 

If he is the face of the new and improved fan God Bless you all. 

The current uniforms are short lived book it. 

joewilly12