Josh Allen vs Quinnen Williams

Jetsfan80

4 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The minute after he went safety-safety in the first 2 rounds he should’ve been terminated

Maye over Cook for Christ’s sake

yep and people said no no no that is how the hawks built their team ignoring the fact the hawks had plenty of talent already there and our offense was dreadful

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Using the singular form of "supporter" is [chef's kiss], and sure enough, it only took seven minutes for him to velcro up his shoes and come a-runnin

To be fair, we were discussing this topic in another thread a few minutes prior.  Well, I say "discussing" but it was really just a hammer and nail scenario.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because our remaining Maccagnan supporter's wrongness deserved it's own thread:

Josh Allen (20 games played)

• 12.5 Sacks
  • 2 Forced Fumbles
  • 13 TFLs
  • 30 QB Hits
  • 19 QB Knockdowns
  • 49 QB Pressures
  • 17 QB Hurries

Quinnen Williams (19 games played)

• 4.5 Sacks
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • 8 TFLs
  • 8 QB Hits
  • 4 QB Knockdowns
  • 14 QB Pressures
  • 5 QB Hurries

big mac cheeseburger GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Can you tell us the snap count for each and how many times they drop into coverage? Yes, GW has Q dropping into coverage and plays him about 50% of the defensive snaps.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, we were discussing this topic in another thread a few minutes prior.  Well, I say "discussion" but it was really just a hammer and nail scenario.  

It's great that we have a whole mini-vocabulary we can use just to spin him up. Like anti-safe words. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you tell us the snap count for each and how many times they drop into coverage? Yes, GW has Q dropping into coverage and plays him about 50% of the defensive snaps.

Allen has appeared on 56 % of the snaps for Jacksonville.

As for the dropping into coverage aspect, I really don't care.  Both were billed as pass rushers, and only one of the 2 is doing it with any consistency.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 12.5 Sacks
  • 2 Forced Fumbles
  • 13 TFLs
  • 30 QB Hits
  • 19 QB Knockdowns
  • 49 QB Pressures
  • 17 QB Hurries

• 4.5 Sacks
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • 8 TFLs
  • 8 QB Hits
  • 4 QB Knockdowns
  • 14 QB Pressures
  • 5 QB Hurries

They play different positions and are asked to do different things.  QWilliams has a 71.5 pff rating this season - 9th in solo tackles 9th in assists - tied for 11th in sacks tied for 3rd in forced fumbles out of D lineman. So he's about the 9th or 10th best D lineman in the league right now. Maybe he was drafted a bit high but I will take the 9th best D lineman at this point.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

They play different positions and are asked to do different things.  QWilliams has a 71.5 pff rating this season - 9th in solo tackles 9th in assists - tied for 11th in sacks tied for 3rd in forced fumbles out of D lineman. So he's about the 9th or 10th best D lineman in the league right now. Maybe he was drafted a bit high but I will take the 9th best D lineman at this point.

Cool!!!

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The best thing about defending Maccagnan is that you have to crawl so far up your own ass to do it that nothing makes sense anymore. It's how you end up saying "yea, but Quinnen Williams barely plays" and thinking you won the argument.

And its not even accurate to say that when compared to Allen.

Josh Allen snap count:  56 %.  Quinnen Williams:  50 %.  And Quinnen has appeared on 61 % of snaps so far this season, compared to 47 % for Allen.

But I guess those 40-50 or so extra snaps makes all the  difference in the numbers, right?

• Upvote 1

All opportunities to time travel for me would be used on information like this and jamming in the face of JN around March when things like the Quinton Williams train was fuelled with gooey man juice.

I’d rather do that then go back to my younger years to chase sluts . And that says a lot because I’m a huge pervert. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 12.5 Sacks
  • 2 Forced Fumbles
  • 13 TFLs
  • 30 QB Hits
  • 19 QB Knockdowns
  • 49 QB Pressures
  • 17 QB Hurries

• 4.5 Sacks
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • 8 TFLs
  • 8 QB Hits
  • 4 QB Knockdowns
  • 14 QB Pressures
  • 5 QB Hurries

I’m not even sure how this is debatable?   It wasn’t debatable before the draft and it’s even less debatable now.   What’s comical is that there is still a Maccagnan supporter and defender left.   That’s some deep perverse love right there.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, sec101row23 said:

I’m not even sure how this is debatable?   It wasn’t debatable before the draft and it’s even less debatable now.   What’s comical is that there is still a Maccagnan supporter and defender left.   That’s some deep perverse love right there.   

It's absolutely bizarre.  It isn't even a subjective argument to say Mike Maccagnan was terrible at his job, bad enough to suggest he may have been the worst NFL GM of all-time.  Objective measures proved this.  Things like the percentage of picks he made that were quickly out of the league, some within 1-2 seasons. 

And as bad as he was at drafting, he was even worse with his FA acquisitions.

It's almost like he was intentionally sabotaging the franchise.  He was that bad.  And yet there were fans who actually expected this team to be competitive this year, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2020 Josh Allen 2 sacks

2020 Q williams 2 sacks

Josh Allen has actually missed the last 2 weeks with a knee injury 

I doubt OP knew that or even watches the mighty Jacksonville defense 

People used a high ankle sprain to excuse Quinnen's entire rookie season, but somehow Josh Allen being hurt this season works against him here.

Yeah, ok.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2020 Josh Allen 2 sacks

2020 Q williams 2 sacks

Josh Allen has actually missed the last 2 weeks with a knee injury 

I doubt OP knew that or even watches the mighty Jacksonville defense 

HOLY SH*T 

MACC WAS RIGHT. 

fck josh Allen 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Allen has appeared on 56 % of the snaps for Jacksonville.

As for the dropping into coverage aspect, I really don't care.  Both were billed as pass rushers, and only one of the 2 is doing it with any consistency.

Actually you should care because it appears Gase isn't the only idiot coaching the Jets

22 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Don't try to use logic with him or the fact that they play different positions.  You're just wasting your time. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People used a high ankle sprain to excuse Quinnen's entire rookie season, but somehow Josh Allen being hurt this season works against him here.

Yeah, ok.  

Sam Darnold is the youngest QB in the NFL but Q is a year younger and he's a bust 
YEAH OK 

by the way 80 - I never excused Q's rookie season

because there was no excuse needed

they were the number 2 run defense and played with some balls

you're the only one who saying he's a bust

the fact he didn't get 20 sacks wasn't a disappointment because there are other ways to evaluate defensive tackles beside sacks 

this year his 2 sack game against SF basically was his entire sack total in 2019

he does that four more times in the next 11 games it's a 10 sack season 

Gastineau > Klecko is exhibit A why sack totals are flukey and terrible way to judge players

what i don't under stand is the need to bash the Jets high draft picks until they are gone

i feel like we just did this with Leonard, Sheldon etc. and these are good players in the NFL 

everyone says these guys are like cancer and the team is better without these selfish cancers 

what we should imagine is a team with all of them on the roster at once. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Don't try to use logic with him or the fact that they play different positions.  You're just wasting your time. 

Why doesn't QW have more TFL's than Josh Allen?  That's supposed to be his territory and Allen has him beat.  

Allen is a situational EDGE rusher and QW is supposed to be a pass-rushing DT.  They're both supposed to disrupt the QB, and that only shows up in the numbers of one of them.  I'm not compared a hockey player to a track runner here.

Thanks for the contribution to the discussion!

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold is the youngest QB in the NFL but Q is a year younger and he's a bust 
YEAH OK 

by the way 80 - I never excused Q's rookie season

because there was no excuse needed

they were the number 2 run defense and played with some balls

you're the only one who saying he's a bust

the fact he didn't get 20 sacks wasn't a disappointment because there are other ways to evaluate defensive tackles beside sacks 

this year his 2 sack game against SF basically was his entire sack total in 2019

he does that four more times in the next 11 games it's a 10 sack season 

Gastineau > Klecko is exhibit A why sack totals are flukey and terrible way to judge players

what i don't under stand is the need to bash the Jets high draft picks until they are gone

i feel like we just did this with Leonard, Sheldon etc. and these are good players in the NFL 

everyone says these guys are like cancer and the team is better without these selfish cancers 

what we should imagine is a team with all of them on the roster at once. 

When we bash them while they're here, we're haters.

When we bash them when they're gone, we're beating a dead horse.

Is there a right time to criticize a player's lack of production?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen Williams had one good game this year so far and one good game last year for a 3rd overall pick at DT.

Absurdly awful production for picking a DT.

The words 'bounty of picks' keeps echoing in my ears from about this time last year.

If that rumor really was true it is definitely a black mark for Douglas.