Thursday Night game...

Beerfish

8 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Looking at the schedule, the Jaguars are the real competition for the #1 pick.  I don't see another W for them on the schedule.  I am hoping for a scenario where we can win 1 game and still get the #1 pick.  With all of these bad teams, I don't see how we can win 2 games and still get the #1 because we should lose all tiebreakers based on SOS.

So, we need all of these bad teams to get to at least 2 wins.  I think the Giants, Texans, Vikings, Falcons, and Chargers will all get there.   I am concerned about Washington and the Jaguars.  I could easily see 1 or both finishing with 1 win.  

As bad as we've been, with Darnold, Becton, and Mims playing the next 10 games, I just don't see us losing all of them.  I think we have a legitimate shot to beat the Chargers (rookie QB), Dolphins (rookie QB), and Browns (don't trust Baker Mayfield).  We could be screwed if we win even 1 of those games.  I don't see us beating the Patriots in any scenario.  Week 9 they will definitely have something to play for.  And if Week 17 comes along and the Jets can secure the number 1 pick by losing, there is no way we try to win that game.  

I posted something similar a few days ago, I think we are likely winning two to three. The online will play better and if Becton/Darnold can return/remain healthy along with Mims...it's going to happen. Who? Possibly the the Chargers, a irrational surprise win against the Patriots.

We also have the pandemic working against us. The Patriots lost to the Broncos  in good part because they were shut out of their facility unable to practice for an extended period. With Covid on the rise, that will likely happen to at least one of the teams we face.

With ten games to go, ideally we need a bunch of those one win teams to go to three wins. Strength of schedule will change a good bit after ten games but you're right ...if we currently win one game we are down at 7-8 in the draft order.

The plus is a lot of those one win teams play each other, some of them have to get to two wins,  hopefully most will get to three wins.