Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

Thursday Injury Report; Darnold Back, Ficken Hurt

NY Jets Injury Report

Here are the injury updates and report from Thursday from current head coach Adam Gase.

• Alex Lewis with shoulder won’t participate
  • Tarell Basham will be out today, illness, non-COVID related
  • Sam Ficken will not participate today with a groin
  • Mekhi Becton, will be limited
  • Jamison Crowder will be limited

Sam Darnold

Yesterday Sam looked good. From what he’s saying right now, he feels good coming into practice today. We’ll see how it goes. Obviously today, with some of the situational stuff we’re going to work on, this’ll be telling for us because, third down stuff, windows get tighter, ball has got to come out quick and with some good velocity, so we’ll see how that kind of looks today and then we’ll progress from there. But it’s good to see him out there moving around, throwing it. Just watching him, didn’t see any discomfort and things like that. I’m sure there was, he’s probably trying to hide it a little bit.

Denzel Mims

We’re working him in, we’ve just got to make the call. We’re going to go through today and then kind of reconvene and talk through it and see what’s the best thing to do.

He’s got incredible length, range, he can go up and get the ball, speed. He has all those traits that you’re looking for in a guy that can be a really good receiver. It’s just keep teaching him technique, scheme, coverages, all those little details that he might not have seen a lot of in college.

Sam Ficken & Jamison Crowder

Yeah, it happened in practice yesterday. I don’t know I guess Sam’s groin just tightened up on him. We’re taking it day to day. We’ll see where he is tomorrow. Crowder, I really can’t see where anything happened, I don’t know if it was he just got tight. We’re just being precautionary on that one. We pulled him out of practice.

The post Thursday Injury Report; Darnold Back, Ficken Hurt appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
NK3xjaf4Kq4

Click here to read the full story...

lol...my goodness.  This team giveth and this team taketh away.

Hey Jets fans....(dangling a picture of Denzel Mims)... guess who may be coming back from injury soon, your rookie WR!  But yeah, we'll need to put Crowder on the shelf for a couple weeks again.

You will NEVER see Perriman, Mims, Crowder on the field at the same time.

Oh, and you not only want those 3 starting WRs playing in the same game but also Mekhi Becton and our full OLine.  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!  Suckas!

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Well we don;t get to try many kicks with our offense but the ones we have tried ficken has been pretty good and that was a worry position.

• Upvote 2

Why do our players get hurt so much now a days... Seems worse than even before the last couple years ..what gives...

• Upvote 1

Gase: ok so Mims is almost ready. Just a few things we gotta teach him before we send him in. Ok Mims, so this is a football 🏈 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetNation said:

Denzel Mims

We’re working him in, we’ve just got to make the call. We’re going to go through today and then kind of reconvene and talk through it and see what’s the best thing to do.

He’s got incredible length, range, he can go up and get the ball, speed. He has all those traits that you’re looking for in a guy that can be a really good receiver. It’s just keep teaching him technique, scheme, coverages, all those little details that he might not have seen a lot of in college.

This just does not sound right. Something is (and has been) up with Mims, beyond a hammy injury. Maybe he can’t grasp the playbook? 

• Upvote 1

About Denzel Mims:
“He’s got incredible length, range, he can go up and get
 the ball, speed. He has all those traits that you’re looking for in a guy that can be a really good receiver. It’s just keep teaching him technique, scheme, coverages, all those little details that he might not have seen a lot of in college.”

Teaching technique, scheme, coverages - yeah right! Jets don’t teach any of that to their other receivers - what makes Mims so special? Hopefully we don’t have another Stephen Hill on our hands. 

• Haha 1

If the Jets want to go 'three-and-out' for the season, a good way to do it is to bring Mr. Samuel Darnold back too soon. A re-injury of his shoulder could prove far more serious than the initial one. The offensive line this season bears little resemblance to the Iron Curtain. One thing to watch for is flags. There was considerable improvement in the first half of the last game. If that continues, one major reason for losses will be, if not eliminated, at least reduced.  

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Gase: ok so Mims is almost ready. Just a few things we gotta teach him before we send him in. Ok Mims, so this is a football 🏈 

Is that Step 1 or Step 2? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why do our players get hurt so much now a days... Seems worse than even before the last couple years ..what gives...

Might have something to do with the field....many players from different teams have criticized it, saying it is one of the worse to play on.

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

This just does not sound right. Something is (and has been) up with Mims, beyond a hammy injury. Maybe he can’t grasp the playbook? 

He's been to like 5 practices all year, at most.  That's the simple answer.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  This part of Gase's comments seems to say that the kid right now  does not possess the knowledge/skills to perform at the NFL level of play: "all those little details that he might not have seen a lot of in college.”

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  This part of Gase's comments seems to say that the kid right now  does not possess the knowledge/skills to perform at the NFL level of play: "all those little details that he might not have seen a lot of in college.”

Who was his college coach again? Asking for a friend.😁

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Matt Ruhle

I know, it was a cynical comment about him not be prepared to play at the next level.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know, it was a cynical comment about him not be prepared to play at the next level.

Sorry about that.  My sarcasm meter is in the shop for repair.  Apologies.

• Haha 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Sorry about that.  My sarcasm meter is in the shop for repair.  Apologies.

None needed. You are always good in my book, brother.😎

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Gase isn't qualified to coach at the NFL level (or any level) so I take his evaluation of Mims with a grain of salt.

I have little doubt Mims isn't ready to contribute yet but Gase isn't the one I have any desire to hear that from.  It'd be like relying on your neighbor who has 3 cars and zero jobs to give you sound financial advice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Who was his college coach again? Asking for a friend.😁

Meanwhile Gase didn't even play college football.  So f**k him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase isn't qualified to coach at the NFL level (or any level) so I take his evaluation of Mims with a grain of salt.

I have little doubt Mims isn't ready to contribute yet but Gase isn't the one I have any desire to hear that from.  It'd be like relying on your neighbor who has 3 cars and zero jobs to give you sound financial advice.

Yeah, there is some validity in what you're saying about Gase related to his ability to evaluate and teach.  Amazing (read tragic) that this team seems to constantly find and hire this level of HC.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well we don;t get to try many kicks with our offense but the ones we have tried ficken has been pretty good and that was a worry position.

We don't kick off a lot because we don't score.  And because we don't score many TDs we don't kick a lot of extra points.

So not having Ficken is about as important as the Jets not having good TD celebration dances.

8 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

How tough could Gases playbook be? Here is Gases terminology for a 10 yard out - "57YXZ 48slide P formation upper cross  B Search Zebra tango costa 7" Its not like he needs calculus 3 for Gases plays - only trigonometry. It would just be too easy for Darnold to tell Mims 10 yard out.

So what is the starting lineup looking like for Sunday?

Darnold, Perriman, Mims seem like a Yes.

Alex Lewis, Crowder are trending towards No.

And Becton seems like a Maybe?

What about Fant and Edoga?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

We don't kick off a lot because we don't score.  And because we don't score many TDs we don't kick a lot of extra points.

So not having Ficken is about as important as the Jets not having good TD celebration dances.

On the other hand, we are so bad in the red zone (23%) that losing our kicker is like losing 77% of our scoring opportunities.  However, we are also last int he league at getting to the red zone, so maybe its not so bad.

I guess it is a glass 100% empty/glass 0% full kind of thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lith said:

On the other hand, we are so bad in the red zone (23%) that losing our kicker is like losing 77% of our scoring opportunities.

We know what we need to do at Kicker. 

5b70bac36decd.image.jpg?crop=869,1207,3,

Use that roster spot on another position.

• Upvote 1

Amazing to me that Mann's leg hasn't fallen completely off yet.  If anyone deserves a week of rest it's him.

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Amazing to me that Mann's leg hasn't fallen completely off yet.  If anyone deserves a week of rest it's him.

He's the real MVP.  JD was playing 4D chess with that pick.

15 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I think it’s really as simple as incredibly, incredibly back luck. 

Hurrts one hammy at the very start of camp. (Gets to practice once, I believe). Comes back and immediately hurts the other hammy (Does not even get one full practice?).

comes back with the team 0-6 and in desperate need of WRs.

Has practiced in the NFL like maybe 5 times in his career to date. Lol