Jets Announce Roster Moves; Luvu & Hall

JetNation

Frankie Luvu

The Jets announced a few roster moves earlier this week. Frankie Luvu was placed on I.R.

The Jets have placed OLB Frankie Luvu on injured reserve.

Luvu (6-3, 236) sustained a groin injury against the Dolphins in Week 6. He has 7 tackles this season and has played 119 snaps on special teams (71.3%). He first signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent out of Washington State in 2017 and has totaled 41 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 4 sacks and 13 QB hits in 33 games (1 start).

Cornberback Bryce Hall has been cleared to join practice again.

The Jets have designated rookie CB Bryce Hall to return to practice.

Hall (6-1, 202) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list at the beginning of the season. He was the Green & White’s fifth-round draft choice out of Virginia and he played in only six games for the Cavaliers in 2019 before sustaining a season-ending ankle injury. He totaled 20 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack and 4 pass defenses. In 2018, he led nation with 24 PDs and was named All-America second team and All-ACC first team. Hall totaled 154 tackles, 9.5 TFLs, 4 sacks, 5 INT and 38 PDs in 42 games.

The post Jets Announce Roster Moves; Luvu & Hall appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
fIttnARflE8

Click here to read the full story...

48 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Cornberback Bryce Hall has been cleared to join practice again.

The Jets have designated rookie CB Bryce Hall to return to practice.

Hall (6-1, 202) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list at the beginning of the season. He was the Green & White’s fifth-round draft choice out of Virginia and he played in only six games for the Cavaliers in 2019 before sustaining a season-ending ankle injury. He totaled 20 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 sack and 4 pass defenses. In 2018, he led nation with 24 PDs and was named All-America second team and All-ACC first team. Hall totaled 154 tackles, 9.5 TFLs, 4 sacks, 5 INT and 38 PDs in 42 games.

Kinda excited to see Bryce Hall get into action. Despite the injury, I was very intrigued by him after reading about him when we picked him. I hope the gamble that he can come back 100% from his injury pays off, because we could use a player that can put up stats like that. Our secondary seems to be wide open for him to take that #1 or #2 spot in the next couple years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Kinda excited to see Bryce Hall get into action. Despite the injury, I was very intrigued by him after reading about him when we picked him. I hope the gamble that he can come back 100% from his injury pays off, because we could use a player that can put up stats like that. Our secondary seems to be wide open for him to take that #1 or #2 spot in the next couple years.

Mac would’ve used a second round pick on the guy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I am also intrigued by Hall.  I think the issue with him beyond the injury was that he was already having a worse year in 2019.  His big year was his junior year and people expected him to come out.  He elected to return to school.   From what I remember, he was already having a fairly pedestrian 2019 when he went down.

• Upvote 1