Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoJoTownsell1

At least we didn't draft Andrew thomas

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

But Andrew Thomas wasn’t thought of as a “generational” OT prospect.

He was simply thought of as a safe, solid pick who was a good bet to be a quality starting LT for a decade.

High floor, relatively low ceiling.

Many (including myself) thought that guys like Becton, Wirfs and Wills had more overall potential, but also more bust potential on top of that.

I don’t see how that’s comparable to Trevor Lawrence.

If you have the chance to grab a QB as talented as Lawrence when you’ve been perpetually stuck in QB limbo for half a century, you do it. Especially when you already have a slew of extra premium picks in your back pocket over the next two years.

Think of how many superstar college olayers with the can't miss label have busted in the NFL. It's unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, genot said:

Think of how many superstar college olayers with the can't miss label have busted in the NFL. It's unreal. 

Maybe so

But I could live with taking Lawrence and he ends up being a disappointment.

On the other hand, I’d be pissed beyond belief if we passed on him and he goes on to become a Top 3 QB for 15 years.

The Jets have the resources both in FA and the draft over the next two offseasons to properly support a young QB. It’s all a matter of Douglas being a competent GM and hiring a competent HC.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe so

But I could live with taking Lawrence and he ends up being a disappointment.

On the other hand, I’d be pissed beyond belief if we passed on him and he goes on to become a Top 3 QB for 15 years.

This.

Drafting the likes of Sanchez, Geno and Darnold and having them not work out, while heavily disappointing, doesn't bother me nearly as much as passing on Mahomes/Watson to take Jamal Adams.  

You have to shoot your shot at QB's when you don't have a franchise QB, have the chance to do so, and it is prudent to do so (I.E. no Christian Hackenberg's who have a 0.000001 % chance of ever working out).  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe so

But I could live with taking Lawrence and he ends up being a disappointment.

On the other hand, I’d be pissed beyond belief if we passed on him and he goes on to become a Top 5 QB for 15 years.

The Jets have the resources both in FA and the draft over the next two offseasons to properly support a young QB. It’s all a matter of Douglas being a competent GM and hiring a competent HC.

If we trade down, spend some money in FA, we'll have all the resources to support our current QB, who's still only 23 mind you. Then we can properly evaluate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t he hyped as the best OT in the draft by a mile?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, genot said:

We agree. I take all the reports about a college player being a can't miss with a grain of salt. Which leads me to the position about what we should do if we have the number 1 pick

until its a FACT, i give sero thought to what to do w/ #1.

JD on the other handis the GM , so.....    HE needsa plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, genot said:

If we trade down, spend some money in FA, we'll have all the resources to support our current QB, who's still only 23 mind you. Then we can properly evaluate him.

He’s still only 23...and he’s missed at least 3 games every year that he’s been in the league, hasn’t lived up to expectations despite a subpar supporting cast and we’re just months away from having to decide whether to pick up his 5th year option at something like $25 million.

No one has been a bigger Darnold supporter than me in the past.

But if you’re in position to take Lawrence, you take him.

If we don’t land the #1 pick, then sure, keep Darnold and try your damndest to build up the offense around him. I’m not nearly as high on guys like Fields and especially Lance like many others seem to be.

To me it’s Lawrence or Darnold, period.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, genot said:

If we trade down, spend some money in FA, we'll have all the resources to support our current QB, who's still only 23 mind you. Then we can properly evaluate him.

unless Sam absolutely has a quantum shift in his play, doubling downon him is a sh*tty play......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

until its a FACT, i give sero thought to what to do w/ #1.

JD on the other handis the GM , so.....    HE needsa plan

That's a helluva gamble.Lets hope that these receivers can stay on the field the next 10 games, and somehow Herndon can get his s... Together. If that happens it will make JD's job so much easier about what to do in the offseaon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s still only 23...and he’s missed at least 3 games every year that he’s been in the league, hasn’t lived up to expectations despite a subpar supporting cast and we’re just months away from having to decide whether to pick up his 5th year option at something like $25 million.

No one has been a bigger Darnold supporter than me in the past.

But if you’re in position to take Lawrence, you take him.

If we don’t land the #1 pick, then sure, keep Darnold and try your damndest to build up the offense around him. I’m not nearly as high on guys like Fields and especially Lance like many others seem to be.

To me it’s Lawrence or Darnold, period.

With regards to him mossing games. You would agree that getting mono, doesn't indicate that he's injury prone. He was picked up and intentionally thrown down on his throwing shoulder. That dude could have been ejected. At least throw a flag. Jeez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, genot said:

That's a helluva gamble.Lets hope that these receivers can stay on the field the next 10 games, and somehow Herndon can get his s... Together. If that happens it will make JD's job so much easier about what to do in the offseaon.

btw, I am not sugggesting the Jets org should give it ZERO thought. Just speaking for myself is all. Cos the Jets usually disappoint, right?

my feeling is that JD and Gase want Sam to bethe guy still..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genot said:

With regards to him mossing games. You would agree that getting mono, doesn't indicate that he's injury prone. He was picked up and intentionally thrown down on his throwing shoulder. That dude could have been ejected. At least throw a flag. Jeez.

Sam didnt throw it to a wide open WR, held the ball forever....got grabbed around the waist and slung down... shrug.

image.thumb.png.95e7bd3be75518ad456101955cc2a6fb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, I am not sugggesting the Jets org should give it ZERO thought. Just speaking for myself is all. Cos the Jets usually disappoint, right?

my feeling is that JD and Gase want Sam to bethe guy still..   

Your a real wise guy. Trying to get me to change my opiniion by saying Sam is Gase's guy. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, genot said:

With regards to him mossing games. You would agree that getting mono, doesn't indicate that he's injury prone. He was picked up and intentionally thrown down on his throwing shoulder. That dude could have been ejected. At least throw a flag. Jeez.

I agree mostly 

Him getting mono isn’t an injury issue but it’s still pretty damn weird. Usually 12 year olds get mono.

The shoulder injury was definitely flagrant from the defender but it also stemmed from Darnold holding the ball too long while not seeing a wide open receiver.

There was also the ankle that sidelined him for 3 games as a rookie.

I still have some modicum of hope that Darnold can turn it around. But again, if I have the opportunity to land Lawrence, I’m not passing it up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Sam didnt throw it to a wide open WR, held the ball forever....got grabbed around the waist and slung down... shrug.

image.thumb.png.95e7bd3be75518ad456101955cc2a6fb.png

He was thrown down after the ball was released. That's a penalty in todays NFL.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Have they tried taping tennis balls to his hands? 

They're using them as butt plugs now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, genot said:

Your a real wise guy. Trying to get me to change my opiniion by saying Sam is Gase's guy. Lol

no. just sayingthat i actually think that Gas/JD believe Sam has the potential. Just cos i think he has a low floor and a low ceiling doenst mean they do.

i think thats why Gase wasnt canned. they are gambling that Sam will ball out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, genot said:

He was thrown down after the ball was released. That's a penalty in todays NFL.

ur dense af. he still has the ******* ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

ur dense af. he still has the ******* ball.

Im dense. He still had the ball. Memory shoddy. Too much Captain Morgan in my life.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm perplexed about who is going to play LT and RT for us this week.

Becton, Fant and Edoga are all question marks.  Clark is on IR I believe.  That is literally every Tackle on our roster.  

If any two of those guys can't go, who plays?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was always a fan of Becton as the best LT in the class. So lucky we got him at 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Should also point out to those that are mad about Gase not getting enough out of the rookies, the Giants draft class under Sheriff Joe Judge has been cataclysmically bad.  

This is so on target despite the fact that on paper, I thought the Giants had one of their best drafts in years. I guess coaching does matter......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not have a great feeling about Andrew Thomas, for the same reasons I did not have a great feeling about Quinnen.  Just did not look like a football player to me.  Thomas also lacks athleticism, but so did Jack Conklin (who was a walk-on at Michigan State).  

My gut tells me that Wirfs ends up the best pro OL, although I don’t know where he plays.

I am obviously optimistic about Benton, but worried about his injury.  Don’t know the shoulder with him.   Its not like “he got injured.”  He basically strained a body part using it like it is supposed to be used.  Darnold was dropped on his shoulder.  That is not supposed to happen.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I thought he was arguably the safest pick in the draft but he’s been piping hot dogsh*t so far.

In all fairness, his OL coach literally put out, publicly, a primer for opposing DLinemen on how to beat Thomas.

No joke. He was interviewed, asked about Thomas, and provided detailed information about the passrush moves Thomas has the most difficulty with as he tries to adjust his technique from what he used at Georgia to what the Giants want him to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...