Sign in to follow this  
Greenseed4

Daniel Jones tackles himself to prevent TD

Jets just had a QB sack himself. Not sure I'm gonna be too harsh on a play where a QB gained like 70 yards. 

• Upvote 3

Poor conditioning, he ran out of gas around the 30. To be fair, when's the last time he ran 80 yards like that?

• Upvote 2

I never hit an inside the park home run in my adult hardball league. It was too much running so I would make sure. Of course I found out later I had mitral valve prolapse. 

Point is, that kid tackled himself.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Thank you for your service. Out of curiosity, the next time that you had to run your ass off in boots did you start out at a slow pace and pick up speed as you went on or start at a medium pace and just hold steady? Which approach did you find works better to not run out of gas?

The old man is a triathlete (11 time Ironnan, fck that, btw), but I rarely ask him for endurance advice because it's usually something so off-the-wall I would never do it. He's so incredibly fit he can actually regulate his own heartbeat. I'm an avid hiker and snowshoer, and I pepper in a jog here and there. He did teach me how to sprint properly, but the rest is for crap as far as I'm concerned, haha. 

I'm very "fit" actually, sit ups and all that malarkey; but the hiking is to train for snowshoeing and the snowshoeing is to train for hiking and I don't really see it as exercise because I love being in the woods so it's easy to ignore the exertion. If I had to formally train for anything that required extreme discipline I would go full fat slob in a New York Minute.

As an aside, I think that's why people who try to get healthy when they live a sedentary lifestyle often fail because they shoot too high and then they're faced with maintaining something that is impossible to maintain. I'm not saying that you should shoot low, just set realistic parameters.

I don't know, I guess in some ways it's all relative because some people might consider what I do extreme (((shrugs))).

Oh, and fck the Giants. 

Well that was the one and only time we were required to do a full sprint in boots....it was for the fitness test of all things :)  And yes I passed anyway.   Most of the time we would just march "quick time"in platoon formation; good old p.t. .   

My father always told me an athlete knows his body and I was lucky enough to inherit his athletic ability.  I've always plays sports of one type or another and these days it me and my road bike. (they used to be called a 10 speed but this one has 21 speeds so I don't know what to call it).  

• Upvote 1

One was a turnover and just totally offensive in any regard.  The other was comically bad, but they didn't turn it over and still scored the TD.  

Not even close to the Butt-Fumble elite level of PFAIL.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

It’s not quite the butt-fumble, but it’s going to take some shade off the Jets for a little while. This play is blowing up on YouTube.

Looks like Marcus Maye running out of steam. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

The "Turf Tumble"?

The "But Stumbled" play

Would have scored ... but stumbled.

:D 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The "But Stumbled" play

Would have scored ... but stumbled.

:D 

Love it.  Perfect play on words for the Butt Fumble and what Danny Dimes did last night.  Well done.

• Upvote 2

What a bum. That happens for two reasons. Either you're in poor shape, or you get tripped up from the fear of knowing 11 guys are chasing you down. My guess is on the latter. Cut that bum.. or don't. I don't care about the Giants. F the Giants.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Looks like Marcus Maye running out of steam. 

Or David Harris....

I laughed so hard at this last night when I saw it.  And every time I've seen it replayed.  Its gold jerry

15 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

It’s not quite the butt-fumble, but it’s going to take some shade off the Jets for a little while. This play is blowing up on YouTube.

This is much worse than the butt fumble.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is much worse than the butt fumble.

True at least Sanchez needed an assist from an actual ass to make an ass of himself 

19 hours ago, David Harris said:

Bookies got to him

Jones has been compromised 

This was my first thought when i saw it.

A professional athlete can't sprint 100 yards? Suspicious. 

The adrenaline got to him and he was just running faster than he normally does.  

Has nothing to do with conditioning.  

• Like 1

Supposedly the Giants were caught partying without masks after the loss, expect something to blow up if they start popping for COVID

He was looking over his shoulders, checking for defenders, and it broke his stride.  I still think it was a tremendous play and I had no idea he was that athletic.