Matt39

McLendon was a member of the Bucs prior to his last game as a Jet

Further proof that Adam Gase is a ruthless bastard.  That's Belichickian.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I think this is further proof that MClendon wanted to go to a contender and JD was doing him a solid. 

I wish JD would do the fans a solid 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Another example of what a clown show this team is. Any competent GM and coach doesnt play him.

Actually its not unique.  Ken Griffey Sr. was traded in 1986 to the Atlanta Braves, but even after the trade was agreed to he finished playing his final game as a Yankee.

Is this legal? I assume the framework was in place and both teams agreed to execute the transaction after the game. There is no way a professional team would agree to a trade but allow their new personnel to play a game for another team, I would also imagine it's not legal under the CBA/NFL rules.

• Upvote 1

Having an agreement to trade a player is not the same as having executed the trade

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Is this legal? I assume the framework was in place and both teams agreed to execute the transaction after the game. There is no way a professional team would agree to a trade but allow their new personnel to play a game for another team, I would also imagine it's not legal under the CBA/NFL rules.

The trade wasn't official until Monday or Tuesday, a day or so after it was announced.

It is strange Tampa wouldn't have an objection to it though.

• Upvote 3

This can't be possible. No way a trade was finalized and Tampa let him play. It's likely that he simply knew a trade was likely to happen.

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Having an agreement to trade a player is not the same as having executed the trade

Yeah, much better that it was stupid than that it was prohibited by the CBA.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The trade wasn't official until Monday or Tuesday, a day or so after it was announced.

It is strange Tampa wouldn't have an objection to it though.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the Jets didnt have an objection to it.

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Further proof that Adam Gase is a ruthless bastard.  That's Belichickian.

SAR I

I didn't know BB was a dumb ass

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Save the fake outrage. He wanted to play

I'd be curious to go back and re-watch the game to see if he's playing with any extra energy.

Kinda like how back in grade school you'd be extra excited the last day of school before Summer because you know you're almost free.

• Haha 3

Word of a trade sending defensive tackle Steve McLendon from the Jets to the Buccaneers broke shortly after the Jets lost 24-0 to the Dolphins last Sunday, but it didn’t come as a surprise to McLendon.

McLendon told reporters on Friday that he actually found out about the trade the night before the game and opted to play a final game for the Jets before making his way to Tampa. McLendon played 24 snaps in his swan song.

“I got the news on Saturday night a car would be waiting for me after the game Sunday to come to Tampa,” McLendon said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “And I was like, ‘Okay.’ Sunday morning, I woke up. I prayed. And I was like, It’s one last ride. I told my boys, I was like, ‘It’s one last ride together.’ A lot of guys were saying like, ‘Man, you’re going to really play?’ And I was like, ‘This might be the last time I play with you in my career.'”

It’s surprising that the Jets would sign off on McLendon playing in the game and risking an injury that could have scrapped the trade before it became official. The decision wound up working out for them and McLendon, which marks a rare win for the 2020 Jets

• Upvote 1

This team brings incompetence to a new level each and every year . I'm not shocked or surprised in the slightest. In fact I'm actually kind of impressed Steve didn't blow his knee out while playing for us prior to the trade being executed haha. This team makes me drink every Sunday and this Sunday will be no different thanks Gase you googley eyed Prick !

• Upvote 2

Jets didn't make the trade to boost up on draft capital. We just obviously did the veteran a favor along with ourselves in saving $2.5 mil. Sounds like we would had be ok with or without him on the squad.

• Upvote 3

Regardless of the risk of injury etc - what was the value to us in playing him if he was gone the moment the whistle blew? Why did he get given 24 snaps that would have been far better given to his successor?? SMH ...

• Upvote 2

I’m more than fine with McClendon being traded during this lost season. But guys with his attitude and leadership are guys you want to have on your team. Respect. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Save the fake outrage. He wanted to play

How sad that we couldn’t even give him a competitive effort in his last game.

wish him well 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

For what? He gets hurt they lose there 2022 6th rd pick they where getting omg how would we have survived. If anything shows me the jets did right by steve and respecting his wishes

Well as of right now the best pick JD made this year was in the 6th round so the Jets might not survive. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Jets didn't make the trade to boost up on draft capital. We just obviously did the veteran a favor along with ourselves in saving $2.5 mil. Sounds like we would had be ok with or without him on the squad.

How?

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

08099707-FE94-4806-8AE2-E4B4CBC102EC.png

Is this the GM we want to be the future here. 

What if McClendon got hurt the trade would be off and what if was just going through motions on the field not trying to get hurt. 

Sad situation here all around. 

Nothing is good. 

He’s such a sold dude 

so happy he’s in a better place now lol

• Upvote 2