HawkeyeJet

A real catch-22 for Jets fans the next month or so

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In my mind, a dream scenario would be getting the #1 pick after finishing with a 1-15 record and having many of our key players look good (Darnold, Becton, Mims

Teams with Qb, wr1 and Lt playing good football generally dont go 1-15

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

If we are 1-15, Darnold didn’t play well enough to move forward with. That’s the bottom line. 

100% If Darnold plays well we won't be 1-15, nevermind Mims and becton

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True.

But of those three guys and the 18 possible games that could have been played between them we've seen what, 7 or 8 player-games so far?  Darnold has missed a couple, Becton missed a couple, Mims has missed all of them.  Last week included NONE of those 3.

It would be nice to see at least 4 games before this season ends that includes all of Darnold, Perriman, Mims, Crowder, Becton, McGovern, Lewis, and Fant on the field.  I don't even care what RB or TE is out there, or if GVR, Josh Andrews or whoever plays RG.  But we have yet to see that group play together once and most often it has been missing at least 2 or 3 of them at all times.

Sure, all i;m saying is this idea that we get the #1 pick and Darnold, Mims and Becton all play good football these last 10 games is likely mutually exclusive. One or the other, you're wishing for your cake and to eat it too. I've got news for you tho, Crusher already at all the cakes

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup, I probably painted an idealistic scenario.  But I'd still like to see a good group of the guys who expect to be here for at least a couple more years demonstrate some competence and competitiveness.....and lose a lot of close games.

I mean, I'd love to see all 3 of them play like all pros and we go 8-2 down the stretch. It's far preferrable to losing out, and then getting back on the QB merry go round again. It's just not likely unforuntately

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company