We’ll Get 1st Pick - I GUARANTEE IT!!!

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

And if we don’t, I’ll delete my account.

Yes of course I’ll make another name and continue on this board!

But the point is, Adoni Beast will obviously be deemed as bad luck and worth retiring anyway.

As a member of the moderator team at JetNation, I can tell you without a doubt that you are incapable of deleting your account. Creating a new account, while already having this "Adoni Beast" moniker attached to your ip address, is a bannable offense. Tread lightly, whoever you are. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

As a member of the moderator team at JetNation, I can tell you without a doubt that you are incapable of deleting your account. Creating a new account, while already having this "Adoni Beast" moniker attached to your ip address, is a bannable offense. Tread lightly, whoever you are. 

oh baby!

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I tend to agree with this.  Just to say it a different way If you put Mahomes in the situation we put Darnold in - you would have a very similar result to Darnold.

What the Jets did to this kid is absolutely disgraceful. Honestly it boggles the mind how a team so QB starved, finally makes a huge trade up to get their QB of the future...And then do NOTHING to support him

and then goes on to give all major resources to the defense..  It’s honestly hard to understand how someone being paid millions of dollars to do this job, with all the support he had around him could be that incompetent.  

The Bills are doing the exact opposite of us.  They’re sitting their franchise QB with talent and we’re sitting here doing absolutely jack sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I tend to agree with this.  Just to say it a different way If you put Mahomes in the situation we put Darnold in - you would have a very similar result to Darnold.

What the Jets did to this kid is absolutely disgraceful. Honestly it boggles the mind how a team so QB starved, finally makes a huge trade up to get their QB of the future...And then do NOTHING to support him

and then goes on to give all major resources to the defense..  It’s honestly hard to understand how someone being paid millions of dollars to do this job, with all the support he had around him could be that incompetent.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c7e9ef0b4904b14a1f2f9bf6d171e4e1.jpeg

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

And if we don’t, I’ll delete my account.

Yes of course I’ll make another name and continue on this board!

But the point is, Adoni Beast will obviously be deemed as bad luck and worth retiring anyway.

WOW. What a bold proclamation. Are you related to Nostradamus?

12 hours ago, pointman said:

Ok then the wording would have been change my username. Point is, adoni beast will be no more if we don’t get the 1st pick.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

So basically nothing matters?

I have a question. Why does Christopher Johnson, who doesn’t know JACK sh*t about football, have to get final say? 

Let the GM you hire get final say on all calls. You sit back and write the checks. Our ownership is a mess. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Our coaching staff and ownership is that bad. How can you not see that? 

You think I don't see that our coaching and ownership is the worst in the sport? 

What does that have to do with Pat Mahomes?  He's an elite QB.  Best in the game and would be top 5 in productivity anywhere.  The only reason he's not a Jet is because of how bad the Jets are.  We don't get to have nice things.  That would require hiring people with foresight and balls.

Instead we had the worst GM in NFL history who took Christian Hackenberg and passed on Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think I don't see that our coaching and ownership is the worst in the sport? 

What does that have to do with Pat Mahomes?  He's an elite QB.  The only reason he's not a Jet is because of how bad the Jets are.  We don't get to have nice things.  

You honestly don’t think that the Jets would have destroyed him? They can destroy the greatest players of all time. No one or thing can overcome how bad organization is. 

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You honestly don’t think that the Jets would have destroyed him? They can destroy the greatest players of all time. No one or thing can overcome how bad organization is. 

No I do not.  The biggest factor in QB's failing here is because we draft bad QB's.  Sure, the org does them no favors.  But Sanchez, Geno Smith, Petty, Hackenberg, and Darnold are all in the same category:  They were flawed prospects.  Darnold was the best of the group and he can still end up maybe a journeyman type.  Geno is still a decent QB2.  But they all basically sucked and none were franchise QB's.

If it was true that the Jets "ruined" all these good players, they'd have gone on to success elsewhere.  They don't.  How many players can you name that did?  James Farrior, Danny Woodhead, and Demario Davis is about it in the last 2+ decades.

We draft terribly for decades and this is still a surprise to people?  I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No I do not.  The biggest factor in QB's failing here is because we draft bad QB's.  Sure, the org does them no favors.  But Sanchez, Geno Smith, Petty, Hackenberg, and Darnold are all in the same category:  They were flawed prospects.  Darnold was the best of the group and he can still end up maybe a journeyman type.  Geno is still a decent QB2.  But they all basically sucked and none were franchise QB's.

If it was true that the Jets "ruined" all these good players, they'd have gone on to success elsewhere.  They don't.  How many players can you name that did?  James Farrior, Danny Woodhead, and Demario Davis is about it in the last 2+ decades.

We draft terribly for decades and this is still a surprise to people?  I don't get it.

I agree and Darnold is very likely complete trash. I just don’t think even Mahomes could survive this sh*tshow of an organization. Between Mac, Bowles and Gase, he wouldn’t stand a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree and Darnold is very likely complete trash. I just don’t think even Mahomes could survive this sh*tshow of an organization. Between Mac, Bowles and Gase, he wouldn’t stand a chance. 

It's a catch-22 situation, because no poorly run organization would ever draft a Pat Mahomes to begin with.  They'd immediately rule him out as being "too risky" or say things like "no air raid QB will ever succeed in the NFL, ever".  You need to be a strong org to take a chance like that.  Similar to the Ravens when they took a chance on Lamar Jackson.

Andy Reid saw something that few others did.  I doubt he thought he'd be a GOAT candidate.  But he thought enough of Mahomes to trade up for him and then dump Alex Smith, despite him coming off a career year.  Many people criticized Reid for both of those decisions at the time.

• Upvote 1