Adam Gase Isn’t Fooling Anyone; Uses Darnold to Suggest “Unfair” to Judge Offense

JetNation

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

Adam Gase

Make no mistake about it Jets fans.  Head Coach Adam Gase may have invoked Sam Darnold’s name when suggesting it would be “unfair” to judge the quarterback’s 2020 performance due to injures, but anyone who is paying attention knows exactly what Gase is saying.

Adam Gase said “it’s almost unfair to judge” Sam Darnold because he has yet to play with “the three dudes” who were supposed to start at receiver. #Jets https://t.co/YOBGyOUsbt

— Al Iannazzone (@Al_Iannazzone) October 22, 2020

What Gase really meant was “It’s unfair to judge me and my offense” because as we all know, that’s what Darnold is out there executing on Sundays.  Gase’s unimaginative, mundane 32nd ranked offense.  As Gang Green has yet to have their top three receivers (Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims) take the field together, Gase is asking for a reprieve.  The funny thing about it is that Gase has a point.

Fans can repeat catch phrases such as “next man up” as much as they like, but if we’re being honest, how many NFL teams wouldn’t struggle mightily if their top 3 receivers spent most of their time on the shelf?  It wouldn’t be fair to judge Gase’s offense this season or last if we take a look at the injuries the Jets suffered in 2019 as well.  But there’s one problem that Gase is forgetting (or omitting) and he would like Jets fans to do the same.  The job he has done as the head coach of the New York Jets has been abysmal in just about every imaginable way when applied to issues that have little to do with who is healthy and who is not.

Time and again we’ve seen Gase throw in the towel with over a full quarter left to go in a game.  Hurry up offense?  Almost as rare as a Jets touchdown.

Injured receivers aren’t forcing Gase to attempt field goals in the fourth quarter of a game in which his team is trailing by 24 points.

It was Gase, not the injuries to his receivers, that put an injured Mekhi Becton on the field after deciding he wasn’t healthy enough to start, leading to further injury and more missed time.

Even if your top receivers are Braxton Berrios and Josh Malone, there’s no reason to call a run play  up the gut on 2nd down and 26.

Pass catchers landing on IR isn’t a reason to run 37-year-old Frank Gore in to the ground in blowout losses while younger backs miss out on valuable game experience.

Your best players don’t take to social media to tell the world that you don’t now how to lead or that they need to be traded because of injured wide receivers.

Treating injured players like second-class citizens does not come as a result of Denzel Mims pulling a hamstring.

Lying to the media about why a player was benched during a scrimmage has nothing to do with Breshad Perriman’s knee.

After picking up the team’s longest run of the year on a 34-yard scamper last week, Ty Johnson wasn’t sent to the bench for the rest of the day because of Jamison Crowder’s groin.

And what about consistently seeing players targeted well short of the sticks on third down?  Is that due to injures as well?  Because that was a staple of Gase’s offense in Miami and one of the biggest knocks he faced when hired by the Jets.  Still doing it years later.

When you start the fourth quarter of a game down by more than 20 points and out in a run-heavy attack with no sense of urgency to get reps for your young QB, that doesn’t fall at the feet of those players who aren’t suited up for one reason or another.  All of this falls on Adam Gase and Adam Gase alone.

So now as he’s on the brink of getting some healthy weapons back, Gase is suggesting injuries should prevent fans (and ownership, of course) from drawing any conclusions as to how the team has performed under his watch, except he’s using Darnold as cover.

Will ownership or the fans fall for it?  That could be an affirmative on the former, but a negative for the latter.

The post Adam Gase Isn’t Fooling Anyone; Uses Darnold to Suggest “Unfair” to Judge Offense appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

fiiWkxM-WJQ

Click here to read the full story...

Thank you!!!

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This ******* guy.

Excuse making and pointing fingers. I’ll never understand how guys with zero leadership qualities or ethics become people managers.

lol - so hard to refrain...but I must! 

The other side of this comment is, that he's taking a shot at all the other WR's that have played in their place.  

It really begs the question of, just how ******* stupid is Chris Johnson?  Seriously.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

Adam Gase

Make no mistake about it Jets fans.  Head Coach Adam Gase may have invoked Sam Darnold’s name when suggesting it would be “unfair” to judge the quarterback’s 2020 performance due to injures, but anyone who is paying attention knows exactly what Gase is saying.

Adam Gase said “it’s almost unfair to judge” Sam Darnold because he has yet to play with “the three dudes” who were supposed to start at receiver. #Jets https://t.co/YOBGyOUsbt

— Al Iannazzone (@Al_Iannazzone) October 22, 2020

What Gase really meant was “It’s unfair to judge me and my offense” because as we all know, that’s what Darnold is out there executing on Sundays.  Gase’s unimaginative, mundane 32nd ranked offense.  As Gang Green has yet to have their top three receivers (Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims) take the field together, Gase is asking for a reprieve.  The funny thing about it is that Gase has a point.

Fans can repeat catch phrases such as “next man up” as much as they like, but if we’re being honest, how many NFL teams wouldn’t struggle mightily if their top 3 receivers spent most of their time on the shelf?  It wouldn’t be fair to judge Gase’s offense this season or last if we take a look at the injuries the Jets suffered in 2019 as well.  But there’s one problem that Gase is forgetting (or omitting) and he would like Jets fans to do the same.  The job he has done as the head coach of the New York Jets has been abysmal in just about every imaginable way when applied to issues that have little to do with who is healthy and who is not.

Time and again we’ve seen Gase throw in the towel with over a full quarter left to go in a game.  Hurry up offense?  Almost as rare as a Jets touchdown.

Injured receivers aren’t forcing Gase to attempt field goals in the fourth quarter of a game in which his team is trailing by 24 points.

It was Gase, not the injuries to his receivers, that put an injured Mekhi Becton on the field after deciding he wasn’t healthy enough to start, leading to further injury and more missed time.

Even if your top receivers are Braxton Berrios and Josh Malone, there’s no reason to call a run play  up the gut on 2nd down and 26.

Pass catchers landing on IR isn’t a reason to run 37-year-old Frank Gore in to the ground in blowout losses while younger backs miss out on valuable game experience.

Your best players don’t take to social media to tell the world that you don’t now how to lead or that they need to be traded because of injured wide receivers.

Treating injured players like second-class citizens does not come as a result of Denzel Mims pulling a hamstring.

Lying to the media about why a player was benched during a scrimmage has nothing to do with Breshad Perriman’s knee.

After picking up the team’s longest run of the year on a 34-yard scamper last week, Ty Johnson wasn’t sent to the bench for the rest of the day because of Jamison Crowder’s groin.

And what about consistently seeing players targeted well short of the sticks on third down?  Is that due to injures as well?  Because that was a staple of Gase’s offense in Miami and one of the biggest knocks he faced when hired by the Jets.  Still doing it years later.

When you start the fourth quarter of a game down by more than 20 points and out in a run-heavy attack with no sense of urgency to get reps for your young QB, that doesn’t fall at the feet of those players who aren’t suited up for one reason or another.  All of this falls on Adam Gase and Adam Gase alone.

So now as he’s on the brink of getting some healthy weapons back, Gase is suggesting injuries should prevent fans (and ownership, of course) from drawing any conclusions as to how the team has performed under his watch, except he’s using Darnold as cover.

Will ownership or the fans fall for it?  That could be an affirmative on the former, but a negative for the latter.

The post Adam Gase Isn’t Fooling Anyone; Uses Darnold to Suggest “Unfair” to Judge Offense appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

fiiWkxM-WJQ

Click here to read the full story...

We had levon bell who was a better WR than all of them out together...and his system never threw to him. Darnold would be a great qb in an NFL quality system much like how Tanny has done. We need a better coach

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have 28 players on 1-year contracts so the 2021 Jets will look completely different.  They will also feature players that all get along with Adam Gase as he will have hand-selected those that remain and those that are joining the team.

So this narrative of Gase not getting along with his players won't be an issue at all.  And he will hire an offensive coordinator to handle the playcalling too.  Gase is a good head coach.  He's a good Football Man for the rebuild, the only one we have in the organization.  We are lucky to have him.

SAR I

????

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have 28 players on 1-year contracts so the 2021 Jets will look completely different.  They will also feature players that all get along with Adam Gase as he will have hand-selected those that remain and those that are joining the team.

So this narrative of Gase not getting along with his players won't be an issue at all.  And he will hire an offensive coordinator to handle the playcalling too.  Gase is a good head coach.  He's a good Football Man for the rebuild, the only one we have in the organization.  We are lucky to have him.

SAR I

You couldn't possibly believe this. Why are you such an attention whore? Do you have a bad home life?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

You couldn't possibly believe this. Why are you such an attention whore? Do you have a bad home life?

I believe this completely.  As do the vast majority of Jets fans.  Some of us are smart, you see.  Some of us realize that Idzik and Maccagnan ruined this roster with a decade of bad drafts and no head coach could win here and no GM could fix things in a single draft.

Only knee-jerk SOJF Eeyore's pretend that we haven't had any problems before Adam Gase arrived and that Adam Gase should be winning with this sh-tty roster that's rendered XFL-caliber by injuries.  You like to suffer, you like to complain, you think it's your mission in life to play the role of the Mets loser.  Enough already.  You asked for your rebuild and you asked for your Football Man and you will watch while he rebuilds this franchise from the ground-up for the next 2-3 years.  Enjoy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe this completely.  As do the vast majority of Jets fans.  Some of us are smart, you see.  Some of us realize that Idzik and Maccagnan ruined this roster with a decade of bad drafts and no head coach could win here and no GM could fix things in a single draft.

Only knee-jerk SOJF Eeyore's pretend that we haven't had any problems before Adam Gase arrived and that Adam Gase should be winning with this sh-tty roster that's rendered XFL-caliber by injuries.  You like to suffer, you like to complain, you think it's your mission in life to play the role of the Mets loser.  Enough already.  You asked for your rebuild and you asked for your Football Man and you will watch while he rebuilds this franchise from the ground-up for the next 2-3 years.  Enjoy.

SAR I

He should be more competitive than losing by 20+ points 3 out of the 6 games we've played this year.  And he shouldn't have lost by double-digits more than half of the games he's coached here over his ~1.5 seasons.   The 6-2 finish last year was mostly against the absolute dregs of the league (that plus a Steeler team starting a guy named Duck, a Bills team that was resting its starters).  I'll give him the Raiders and Cowboys game as good wins from last year.  But he also had 2 embarrassing losses (Miami's first win and getting blown out by the hapless Bengals).  And we came very close to getting swept by the Dolphins.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He should be more competitive than losing by 20+ points 3 out of the 6 games we've played this year.  And he shouldn't have lost by double-digits more than half of the games he's coached here over his ~1.5 seasons.   The 6-2 finish last year was mostly against the absolute dregs of the league (that plus a Steeler team starting a guy named Duck, a Bills team that was resting its starters).  I'll give him the Raiders and Cowboys game as good wins from last year.  But he also had 2 embarrassing losses (Miami's first win and getting blown out by the hapless Bengals).  And we came very close to getting swept by the Dolphins.

A handful of people keep pretending there is no middle ground between losing and getting your doors blown off every week.  Nobody expects Gase to win this year.  Nobody expected Gase to win last year.  The bar has been set insanely low at "look somewhat like an NFL football team" and even that is beyond Gase's grasp.

• Post of the Week 3

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

With Adam Gase as HC the Jets are:

received_356926465546149.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He should be more competitive than losing by 20+ points 3 out of the 6 games we've played this year.

Williams, Gregg.  He's your man.  We give up an average of 31 points per game.  On a team anyone fully well knows is capable of putting up no more than 24 on its best day.  The D has not nearly been good enough.  Not nearly.  The Jets gave up 37 points to a practice squad quarterback at home on a Thursday night.  Think about that.

And he shouldn't have lost by double-digits more than half of the games he's coached here over his ~1.5 seasons. 

Yes, he should have.  That's what happens when your roster is sh-t (Idzik, Maccagnan) you have a huge amount of decimating injuries (God), you have selfish underperforming players you never wanted (Bell, Adams, Osemele, Mosley), a quarterback that can't stay healthy (Darnold), and a defensive coordinator who has lost his locker room (Williams).  Gase inherited all of that.  He's a bigger victim in this mess than we are as fans.  

I'll give him the Raiders and Cowboys game as good wins from last year.  But he also had 2 embarrassing losses (Miami's first win and getting blown out by the hapless Bengals).  And we came very close to getting swept by the Dolphins.

You had the Jets at 5-11 last year.  Surely that included dumb wins (Cowboys) and dumb losses (Bengals).  That's what happens with rebuilding teams with a brand new coaching staff and a brand new playbook.  You are smart enough to know that those types off teams aren't perfect against the scrubs.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Now, obviously you're dead set on playing the role of Nostradamus. So I'm just telling you... I guarantee Gase is a goner after the season

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Williams, Gregg.  He's your man.  We give up an average of 31 points per game.  On a team anyone fully well knows is capable of putting up no more than 24 on its best day.  The D has not nearly been good enough.  Not nearly.  The Jets gave up 37 points to a practice squad quarterback at home on a Thursday night.  Think about that.

Yes, he should have.  That's what happens when your roster is sh-t (Idzik, Maccagnan) you have a huge amount of decimating injuries (God), you have selfish underperforming players you never wanted (Bell, Adams, Osemele, Mosley), a quarterback that can't stay healthy (Darnold), and a defensive coordinator who has lost his locker room (Williams).  Gase inherited all of that.  He's a bigger victim in this mess than we are as fans.  

You had the Jets at 5-11 last year.  Surely that included dumb wins (Cowboys) and dumb losses (Bengals).  That's what happens with rebuilding teams with a brand new coaching staff and a brand new playbook.  You are smart enough to know that those types off teams aren't perfect against the scrubs.  

SAR I

Below are the offensive stats in the NFL so far, ordered by points per game ("PPG").  I don't know the average points scored (or given up) but I did notice that the 16th ranked team (Indy) averages 26.2.  I checked and the Jets are giving up 30.8 PPG.  If we subtract 30.8 from 26.2, that's 4.6 PPG worse than the median.  How exactly does that explain losing 3 games by 20+ points?

Meanwhile, the Jets average 12.5, which is absolutely pitiful (and for a "brilliant offensive mind" no less!)  The 31st ranked team is the Giants and they're 4.9 PPG higher than us!  That's the biggest differential (by far!) of any 2 teams on this list (the next largest differential is between Washington and the Broncos.  Washington is off by 2.0 PPG).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/table/passing/sort/totalPointsPerGame/dir/desc

image.thumb.png.ce1f0f57988b0b210c0a0eb63d5606e7.png

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

carrie brownstein television GIF

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Below are the offensive stats in the NFL so far, ordered by points per game ("PPG").  I don't know the average points scored (or given up) but I did notice that the 16th ranked team (Indy) averages 26.2.  I checked and the Jets are giving up 30.8 PPG.  If we subtract 30.8 from 26.2, that's 4.6 PPG worse than the median.  How exactly does that explain losing 3 games by 20+ points?

We lose games by a lot of points because our defense gives up a lot of points.  That's sorta how football works.  Williams' defense gave up more than 30 points exactly 1 time in the second half of last season and we went 6-2.  They've given up 30 points or more 4 times this season and we're 0-6.  That's what's killing us.  That's the biggest change to last year.

Gregg Williams.  He's your man.  Fly a plane.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We lose games by a lot of points because our defense gives up a lot of points.  That's sorta how football works.  Williams' defense gave up more than 30 points exactly 1 time in the second half of last season and we went 6-2.  They've given up 30 points or more 4 times this season and we're 0-6.  That's what's killing us.  That's the biggest change to last year.

SAR I

Gregg Williams should be fired right along with Adam Gase.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Gregg Williams should be fired right along with Adam Gase.

No, Gregg Williams should be fired because he got the side of the team that actually had some talent and has completely crapped the bed this year.  Last year our D allowed 30 or more points only 1 time in the second half of last season and we went 6-2; they've already allowed 4 such games this year and we're 0-6.  Disgusting.

Adam Gase is The Football Man of Florham Park.  Next year he'll get rid of Williams and Loggains and finally have the staff he wants.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No wonder you like Gase so much. You blame everyone else but him and point your finger in every direction that isn't in Gases direction.

It's clear this is your agenda but give it a rest already. I love how you bring up Gregg and his 31 point per game given up but never mention Gases offense averaging 12.5 PPG in 2020. Gregg did a better job coaching the defense in 2019 than Gase did the offense. This year they are both garbage.

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I didn't want Gase or GW when they were hired.  I don't want either of them now (though I do think GW has, over his career, shown himself to be a competent DC, generally speaking).  The offense (Gase's offense) scoring only 12.5 PPG is the real problem here.  He's WAY OFF the league average (in a time where the rules favor offense), despite spending nearly entire games staring at his playsheet.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And no one believes that because the past 2 GMs sucked over the last 7 years that Gase somehow isnt as shltty at his job, maybe worse than those 2.

Hes gone, get used to it

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

No wonder you like Gase so much. You blame everyone else but him and point your finger in every direction that isn't in Gases direction.

Roster:  Not Gase's fault, he's not the GM.  Idzik, Maccagnan, and Douglas put us here.

Injuries:  Not Gase's fault, he's not God or an artificial turf engineer.

Defense:  Not Gase's fault, it's run completely by Gregg Williams.

QB:  Not Gase's fault, Darnold is glass.  Gase's record is a respectable 7-9 with Sam Darnold healthy.

These are not deflections; these are truths.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

It's clear this is your agenda but give it a rest already. I love how you bring up Gregg and his 31 point per game given up but never mention Gases offense averaging 12.5 PPG in 2020. Gregg did a better job coaching the defense in 2019 than Gase did the offense. This year they are both garbage.

It's not an agenda.  It's just my personal opinion, no different than you expressing yours.

Gase has no offensive skill players so its understandable that he cannot produce points.  The PPG is skewed by winnable games where Darnold's backup has produced 1 TD in the last 8 quarters.  While not talented, at least the offense is trying, at least they're busting their asses trying to get it right.

Gregg didn't build upon last year despite having 10 returning starters and/or superior signings.  His defense takes constant personal foul penalties.  His defense commits constant pass interference penalties.  His defense gives up huge chunk plays.  His defense won't tackle for him.  They've mailed it in.

Gregg goes, maybe this Monday.  Loggains goes at the end of the season and we get a real OC in here.  Gase gets to hire a DC and OC, gets to pick his own QB, then we can start winning.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't want Gase or GW when they were hired.  I don't want either of them now (though I do think GW has, over his career, shown himself to be a competent DC, generally speaking).  The offense (Gase's offense) scoring only 12.5 PPG is the real problem here.  He's WAY OFF the league average (in a time where the rules favor offense), despite spending nearly entire games staring at his playsheet.

Gase went the first 4 games without NFL caliber wide receivers and has gone the last 2 games without an NFL caliber quarterback.  It is debatable whether we have a single NFL caliber running back.  All behind a rebuilt OL suffering through its own injury crisis.  12.5 PPG is completely understandable by anyone who is objective.

I would rather have a HC deeply concentrating on his playsheet than running up and down the sidelines (Carroll '94), barking like a dog (Ryan '12), or making incredulous faces (Bowles '17).  What a crime, a playcaller studying his playsheet.  Oh, the humanity.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And no one believes that because the past 2 GMs sucked over the last 7 years that Gase somehow isnt as shltty at his job, maybe worse than those 2.

We cannot fairly analyze Gase's offense because it is so badly constructed and injured.  Secreteriat doesn't win the Triple Crown on 3 legs.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes gone, get used to it

He's staying.  He's the Football Man we've asked for.  A good one, too.  We need a headstrong, ballbusting head coach who is n't going to take sh-t from the New York media or Florham Park pencil pushers.  We need a new DC and OC.  We need better play from the QB.  We need better players from the GM.  We have a HC.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Getting trolled by SAR is so much fun.

Should be double fun when Adam Gase gets fired and he turns his trolling towards Joe Douglas because he fired the “Football Man we’ve asked for” meaning that there’s no more easy targets to rile people up over.

Really do enjoy that this has been allowed to go on for years, let me tell you.  Definitely doesn’t take away from the enjoyment of posting on a football forum whatsoever.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase went the first 4 games without NFL caliber wide receivers and has gone the last 2 games without an NFL caliber quarterback.  It is debatable whether we have a single NFL caliber running back.  All behind a rebuilt OL suffering through its own injury crisis.  12.5 PPG is completely understandable by anyone who is objective.

I would rather have a HC deeply concentrating on his playsheet than running up and down the sidelines (Carroll '94), barking like a dog (Ryan '12), or making incredulous faces (Bowles '17).  What a crime, a playcaller studying his playsheet.  Oh, the humanity.

SAR I

Pretty sure Le'veon Bell was an NFL caliber RB, considering the reigning SB champs signed him.  Unfortunately for us, Adam Gase, in his infinite wisdom, preferred Kalen Ballage.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Ryan tannehill became one of the best QB’s in the league as soon as he got away from Gase.   The real jets curse is when the same thing happens with Sam on another team. 

That just is not true. Tannehill had a really good season during Gase’s first year as doltfins coach and then was injured for most of the next two. Tannehill is having good years with the Titans because he can hand the ball off to Henry and also has a good difference.  Gase may not be the right guy for the jets but Tannehills performance of late has more to do with the Titans game philosophy than him being the second coming of anyone.

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We cannot fairly analyze Gase's offense because it is so badly constructed and injured.  Secreteriat doesn't win the Triple Crown on 3 legs.

He's staying.  He's the Football Man we've asked for.  A good one, too.  We need a headstrong, ballbusting head coach who is n't going to take sh-t from the New York media or Florham Park pencil pushers.  We need a new DC and OC.  We need better play from the QB.  We need better players from the GM.  We have a HC.

SAR I

Hes been coaching 5 years now, not 5 games, we can analyze his offense.  Hes a pass happy OC, who doesnt throw long.  Wants to play ball control with short passes.  Hates the run game.  This is who he is as a HC with control of the offense,.

Hes not staying.  Youre the only one who believes this or youre just trolling the board for some goofy assed reason.  Hes gone,  He's getting fired, the question isnt if, its when.  I'll be anything that hes getting the axe, probably at the very end of the season or on Black Monday.  

Hes not the football man anyone has asked for.  He may have been the one we hoped for but he wasn't that guy.  I hoped he would be that guy but he cant even make this team competitive.  Not asking for wins, just to not being a NFL laughingstock.  Not to be double digit losers almost every game.  Not having talent doesnt mean you have to commit stupid penalties, dont play disciplined football.  Doesnt mean you dont know when to kick or go on 4th.  Doesnt mean you run every time you line up with 2 TEs and everyone knows it.  Etc, etc.

For your sake, be the troll

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Williams, Gregg.  He's your man.  We give up an average of 31 points per game. 

The entire roster lacks talent.  The D has lost its two best players this year

The Defense is ranked 20th.  Gives up 31 per game while on the field all game because the O is a half assed abortion 

The Offense is ranked 31st, averaging 12 points per game.  Celebrate!!!

Gase is great, the man we want

Williams sucks

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Roster:  Not Gase's fault, he's not the GM.  Idzik, Maccagnan, and Douglas put us here.

Injuries:  Not Gase's fault, he's not God or an artificial turf engineer.

Defense:  Not Gase's fault, it's run completely by Gregg Williams.

QB:  Not Gase's fault, Darnold is glass.  Gase's record is a respectable 7-9 with Sam Darnold healthy.

These are not deflections; these are truths.

SAR I

I’m no gase hater. I’ve said it before and I also don’t go for the whole revolving door the jets have had for the past couple of season.  And it’s not because the johnsons haven’t been patient either.  They gave Bowles/Mac 5 seasons when it was pretty clear the team was going nowhere after year 3.  They also gave Rex 6 seasons.  But I will tell you that Gase not throwing a fit when Johnson of the Bills body slammed Darnold means he’s not paying much attention.  The Belichick end would’ve been all over the refs if that ever happened to tommy boy, and he would be right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pretty sure Le'veon Bell was an NFL caliber RB, considering the reigning SB champs signed him.  Unfortunately for us, Adam Gase, in his infinite wisdom, preferred Kalen Ballage.

I didn't see Bell hit a single hole with authority and I saw all 264 attempts.  264 tries, not a single signature run.  Not even a single move or juke that made anyone go 'wow'.

If Bell succeeds in KC, it's because we were played, again.  Just like all the other high priced mercenaries, he found yet another way to weasel away to another team with millions of our dollars.  It's become a cottage industry.  Taking the Jets money, feigning an injury or other excuse, forcing us to release or trade.  No more.

SAR I