Jets/Bills: What to watch for.

Torus34

OK, OK. The Jets are generally predicted to lose this one by a couple of TD's. It takes a real willingness to suspend disbelief [stealing a sign from Coleridge,] to hope for a win here. That doesn't mean the game isn't worth watching. This old Jets follower [since the NY Titans days] will be looking for some specific sign of improvement. Whether Mr. Samuel Darnold does or does not play is secondary for me. One QB does not a winning team make. [Ed.: Yup. How good would Mr. Patrick Mahomes be if he's 'protected' by the Jet's offensive line? "Right this way, blitzers! Let us help you meet Mr. Mahomes, up close and personal."]

I'll be looking for general improvement, even if marginal, in team play. Are there fewer flags? Fewer sacks? More forced 3-and-out's for the Bills? You get the idea. Are the Jets making progress in becoming a team rather than a loose collection of guys in green uniforms?

You'll be watching the game, too. Setting over and under's and spread considerations aside, what will you be watching for?,   

I'll be watching the youngsters. The only hope I feel I have as a Jets fan is for this draft class to turn out good? I want to see a glimmer of hope watching Becton further dominate established veteran pass rushers, I want to see Denzel Mims finally play a game and show some sort of chemistry with Sammy, I want to see Lamichael Perine show some of the compliments he got during TC. I DON'T want to see Braden Mann as that would indicate the offense might actually have a few longer drives. But I s still want the Jets to lose....