College game day Oct 24th...

Beerfish

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Notre Dame is ALWAYS vastly over rated.   Once the Big10 gets going they’ll get bumped down a bit.  

Agreed. They are college football's version of the Yankees and Cowboys. Who is the 3rd QB that the guys have been mentioning as a possible 1st rd guy, and what school does is play for? Are you guys really 46 pt favs? Haven't the Cuse given you guys fits recently?

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed. They are college football's version of the Yankees and Cowboys. Who is the 3rd QB that the guys have been mentioning as a possible 1st rd guy, and what school does is play for? Are you guys really 46 pt favs? Haven't the Cuse given you guys fits recently?

DJ Uiagalelei, he’s a true freshman.  Really big with a strong arm,  but not nearly as ready as Deshaun and Trevor were as true freshmen.   
Will be interesting to see if he plays today as Trevor could leave the game in 2nd quarter if this one gets out of hand.  

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Big 10 won’t reschedule games if they’re cancelled. This stupid conference is still going to want multiple playoff berths. They should keep them all out.

They really can't re-schedule games, because of the late start. They need to have the championship game come off at the scheduled time, because of the need to allocate the 2 NCAA champ games.

37 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

DJ Uiagalelei, he’s a true freshman.  Really big with a strong arm,  but not nearly as ready as Deshaun and Trevor were as true freshmen.   
Will be interesting to see if he plays today as Trevor could leave the game in 2nd quarter if this one gets out of hand.  

If you ever watch qb1 on netflix -great show- he’s not one of the featured qbs, but he overtakes one of the featured qbs on the show

think he was a sophomore then 

Just now, section314 said:

Don't they have probably two top 10 picks on D......the LB who opted out, and a stud edge guy?

Losing Mica Parsons is a huge blow. The defensive secondary will be very good. I am unsure what the front 7 will have. Shaka Toney is very good on edge. He is legit and they rotate the D-line.

Clifford needs to take a big step at QB. He is mobile, strong and tough. Needs to make better decisions. Pat Friermuth at TE is a legitimate NFL tight end. Called Baby Gronk, and worthy of the praise. Journey Brown (RB) opted out and will be missed. Offensive line needs to gel, but there is talent there. 

Big thing for PSU is new offensive coordinator, coming from Minnesota. I will be interested to see how he handles this talent.

Iu do not love James Franklin.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Losing Mica Parsons is a huge blow. The defensive secondary will be very good. I am unsure what the front 7 will have. Shaka Toney is very good on edge. He is legit and they rotate the D-line.

Clifford needs to take a big step at QB. He is mobile, strong and tough. Needs to make better decisions. Pat Friermuth at TE is a legitimate NFL tight end. Called Baby Gronk, and worthy of the praise. Journey Brown (RB) opted out and will be missed. Offensive line needs to gel, but there is talent there. 

Big thing for PSU is new offensive coordinator, coming from Minnesota. I will be interested to see how he handles this talent.

Iu do not love James Franklin.

Why? I know you bleed blue and white.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Why? I know you bleed blue and white.

He is an excellent, excellent recruiter. Very positive guy, and I love that. But his game decisions and football acumen fail in some big situations. In big spots in big games he tends to tighten up.

Hey, the threshold for great coaches is razor thin. There are a lot of boxes to check. He checks most of them, but the one that remains unchecked is "feel" for the game. And that one tends to hurt. Herm Edwards had the same affliction as a head coach. 

We were discussing Mike Vrabel in another thread, he checks that box. It is one of the most difficult. But the great ones, in order to succeed regularly, need it. Doug Pederson had it for one glorious run for the Eagles, and then almost "poof", it is gone. Sometimes coaches get hot too, alongside players.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Going to enjoy watching our future #1 overall pick destroy Syracuse today. We won’t get the chance to see TL against real college competition until so much later in the year that I’m just enjoying watching the guy throw and light it up for right now. Not really trying to evaluate while I’m watching. 

`As said earlier here, TL will face Notre Dame in 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He is an excellent, excellent recruiter. Very positive guy, and I love that. But his game decisions and football acumen fail in some big situations. In big spots in big games he tends to tighten up.

Hey, the threshold for great coaches is razor thin. There are a lot of boxes to check. He checks most of them, but the one that remains unchecked is "feel" for the game. And that one tends to hurt. Herm Edwards had the same affliction as a head coach. 

We were discussing Mike Vrabel in another thread, he checks that box. It is one of the most difficult. But the great ones, in order to succeed regularly, need it. Doug Pederson had it for one glorious run for the Eagles, and then almost "poof", it is gone. Sometimes coaches get hot too, alongside players.

Interesting take. That was mine on Schiano when he was here the first time. Want to see if it's changed for him 2nd go round.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Trey Lance,  NDSU

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

He was on Netflix’s QB1 (season3?) for St. John Boscoe. I think Justin Fields was in the same season.  If you guys haven’t seen it, that show is really well done and helped get my family through the off season.

(on edit: season 2)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Big10 boils down to 2 games, really. OSU vs PSU next week (and I don't even know what PSU has), and then the Championship game

Pretty much.

That said, Wisconsin looked damn good last night with the freshman QB. Kid was 14 of 14 for 190 yards and 4 TDs in the first half. Illinois isn't much competition but great QB play is the one thing Wisconsin has always lacked (outside of the one year with Russell Wilson) and this kid was a big time recruit. I think there's a possibility they're the biggest threat to OSU.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx. Want to see this young guy play. Seems to be very highly thought of.

Too late for that.  NDSU season was cancelled; they played one game a few weeks ago and that was it for the season.  Won't see him until the Combine.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

If you ever watch qb1 on netflix -great show- he’s not one of the featured qbs, but he overtakes one of the featured qbs on the show

think he was a sophomore then 

I remember that. He took over for the kid going to Iowa St and ended up playing great.