College game day Oct 24th...

Beerfish

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

Master Teague is fun to say. Like Colt McCoy. 

Add Tank BIgsby to your list.  Auburn freshman RB.  Kid is a stud, and a great name.  Too bad nobody tanks for an RB these days, because Tank for Tank would be too perfect.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Beautiful throw by Fields.  What I wouldn't give to still have this guy in Athens.

Agreed.

I heard some interesting comments from Nick Saban about how good offenses beat good defenses now, and how he’s changed his philosophy regarding his offense.   Gone are the days of the Bama/LSU games where the score was 9-6.  He’s changed what he looks for now in QBs that he is recruiting, no more game managers like the Greg Mcelroys and AJ McCarron’s.   Dynamic play at QB and an offense that can score 40 a game is what he is coaching to now.   

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.

I heard some interesting comments from Nick Saban about how good offenses beat good defenses now, and how he’s changed his philosophy regarding his offense.   Gone are the days of the Bama/LSU games where the score was 9-6.  He’s changed what he looks for now in QBs that he is recruiting, no more game managers like the Greg Mcelroys and AJ McCarron’s.   Dynamic play at QB and an offense that can score 40 a game is what he is coaching to now.   

Interesting comment regarding Saban.  Since Kirby was his DC when Saban was winning with the McCarrons/Mcelroys of the world.  It is like he is trying to reproduce that with Fromm and now Bennett.  He is a great recruiter, and has certainly upgraded the program in the last 5 seasons but we cant compete with the top 3 or 4 programs in the country. 

Maybe next season with Brock VanderGriff (5 star QB out of Georgia) and what look like some pretty good young playmakers,  we can score with anybody.  When last week's game was in the 20s at halftime, even though we led, I knew it did not bode well for us.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Interesting comment regarding Saban.  Since Kirby was his DC when Saban was winning with the McCarrons/Mcelroys of the world.  It is like he is trying to reproduce that with Fromm and now Bennett.  He is a great recruiter, and has certainly upgraded the program in the last 5 seasons but we cant compete with the top 3 or 4 programs in the country. 

Maybe next season with Brock VanderGriff (5 star QB out of Georgia) and what look like some pretty good young playmakers,  we can score with anybody.  When last week's game was in the 20s at halftime, even though we led, I knew it did not bode well for us.

The Dutch Crime Dog.

From a scouting point of view I hate the amount of horizontal screens
Clemson has Lawrence throw.  I would like to see more slants and
seam routes to see how he processes a crowded defense in the middle
of the field

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Fields looks very,  VERY good today, and Nebraska is better than I expected. 

When I look at the teams in the NFL currently having the most success, and the most explosive offenses, guys like Fields (and Lance) appear to be the future. I know Lawrence has the ability to run  but I think he's more suited to a more traditional type of Offense. 

Makes things interesting. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Lmao, look, the more good QBs in this class the better.  

He’s absolutely ripping it right now.

He looks sharp as usual. ;-)

No, great start to the year, I guess this is why he wanted to play so bad.  lol  But so far, his ball placement is next level.  He really has an incredible feel and rhythm to his passing.  Great touch and timing.  Love the kid. 

The one thing I will say, obviously way early in the season but I will say this; clearly Dabo has given more responsibility to Lawrence at the LOS this year.  He's making more adjustments then years past.  Fields is still taking cues from the sideline, looks like he's got a little less to take care of but still, cant ask for a better start to the season for Fields. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How did you like Dwayne Haskins?

I didn’t care for Haskins. I thought he played stiff and while he has a big arm I don’t think he’s a starter level NFL QB. I should probably point out that I’m not a Ohio State fan, I just like Fields athleticism, his arm strength, ball placement, and he seems to have good vision.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

He looks sharp as usual. ;-)

No, great start to the year, I guess this is why he wanted to play so bad.  lol  But so far, his ball placement is next level.  He really has an incredible feel and rhythm to his passing.  Great touch and timing.  Love the kid. 

The one thing I will say, obviously way early in the season but I will say this; clearly Dabo has given more responsibility to Lawrence at the LOS this year.  He's making more adjustments then years past.  Fields is still taking cues from the sideline, looks like he's got a little less to take care of but still, cant ask for a better start to the season for Fields. 

Agreed with everything here.  That’s really the only gap they truly have.  Lawrence is pro ready in every aspect, and Fields has some things he needs to show that he can do.  Either way, the raw talent in both guys is unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agreed with everything here.  That’s really the only gap they truly have.  Lawrence is pro ready in every aspect, and Fields has some things he needs to show that he can do.  Either way, the raw talent in both guys is unbelievable.

Yep but to defend Fields a little here, while Lawrence seems to be doing more at the LOS, he still attempts a heavy amount of balls at or behind the LOS whereas everything Fields does is down field.  Did he attempt a single pass behind or at the LOS in that half?  And he worked every part of the field at every level.  Over the middle, to the sidelines, posts, slants, seams, he hit them all on the money.  Only incompletion was a drop that Olave had if not for a violent fall.  Otherwise, he was flawless (the penalty ball wasnt a great decision but his receiver fell drawing a flag).  He also carried the ball more than usual that half.  I'd like to see Fields have more responsibility at the LOS from a wannabe scout perspective but why **** with it?  He was flawless and it looked effortless. 

Like you said, 2 great prospects. 

• Upvote 2

I've been saying for a while now: Trevor Lawrence is QB1, but the gap between him and Justin Fields isn't as wide as people think it out is. I know people say you can't trust an OSU QB, but I truly think Fields is different.

He's an excellent consolation prize for whoever misses out on Lawrence

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, King P said:

I've been saying for a while now: Trevor Lawrence is QB1, but the gap between him and Justin Fields isn't as wide as people think it out is. I know people say you can't trust an OSU QB, but I truly think Fields is different.

He's an excellent consolation prize for whoever misses out on Lawrence

Agreed. My biggest wish scenario is that the Jets sat at 1. A team at 2, or a team moves to 2 and LOVES TL and gives the Jets a boatload to move up. I would take Fields if he continues to show like this.

• Sympathy 1