Who can truly lead this team?

Lil O

After 6 months being stuck in NC because of the pandemic, my wife and I are finally back home in NYC.  Great to be back, however the shame and embarrassment that I have been feeling as a Jets fan is more real, as I stroll through my neighborhood and see my fellow Jets fans with their heads hung low.  We are considered the worst team in football...Fox Sunday Football has made us a joke on a week to week basis, and it seems that daily, more and more folks are telling Trevor Lawrence to run for the hills.  It seems like No one wants to play for this team.  So....After we fire Gase, which is a matter of when, is there a coach that you think can come in and instantly change the narrative.  We are a sh*t show now, but could we be a desired destination, with a new franchise QB (Trevor), a LOT of draft picks over the next two years(including 4 1st rd), and a new coaching staff lead by.....WHO?  I am not that familiar with the college coaching ranks, so I ask you guys if there is someone out there, either in the NFL or College who could flip the script on this horrendous season.

• Sympathy 1

You are angry at John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan.  Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are as much a victim in all of this as you are.

It's going to take a few years to fix a decade of GM negligence.  You don't need a leader; you need time.  Time to draft well.  Time to attract quality free agents.  Time to attract quality coaches.  Look forward to 2022.  Keep your expectations in check until then.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are angry at John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan.  Joe Douglas and Adam Gase are as much a victim in all of this as you are.

It's going to take a few years to fix a decade of GM negligence.  You don't need a leader; you need time.  Time to draft well.  Time to attract quality free agents.  Time to attract quality coaches.  Look forward to 2022.  Keep your expectations in check until then.

SAR I

I have faith in JD.  It's Gase I am worried about.  But I get what you are saying.  Great Teams come from great Organizations.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I agree that Adam Gase was dealt a lousy hand and had lousy luck with injuries to key players.  Having said that, it's obvious that he has failed miserably in his mission to do something positive with the moribund defense and help Sam Darnold to develop into a first class QB.  Miami is so much better off without him.  Ryan Tannihill is thriving.  Robbie Anderson is setting records.  This cannot be ignored.  He's gotta go.  I would be amazed if he ever got another job with a pro (US or Canadian) team.  But Peyton Manning is an influential guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Lil O said:

I have faith in JD.  It's Gase I am worried about.  But I get what you are saying.  Great Teams come from great Organizations.  

Dont worry about Gase.  He'll be gone soon enough and hopefully someone who can actually coach worth a damn will be in charge.  Someone who does more than offers lip service about the teams poor play, actually tries to mix things up to change what's happening on the field.  Gase coaches the same way without his starters as he does with them out of the lineup.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lil O said:

Perfectly stated.

For years we've been begging for our ownership to bring in a HC and GM on the same page, with the same strategy, in it for the long haul, to turn us into a stable, winning organization like the Steelers or Ravens.  

This doesn't happen after 4 games (Gase) or 1 draft (Douglas).  Patience is the name of the game.  The same SOJF's screaming for a regime change are the same ones who screamed for organizational stability; it's time for them to grow up and shut up.

SAR I

• Upvote 1