Michael Thomas available for trade?

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I rather use that first and trade for Sean Payton. Sean Payton's offense is greater then Michael Thomas the player. Plus to trade a first and consume that cap space is a lot. Who's in competition to trade a 1st and absorb that contract in season?

How about Seattle's first for both Michael Thomas and Sean Payton?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I rather use that first and trade for Sean Payton. Sean Payton's offense is greater then Michael Thomas the player. Plus to trade a first and consume that cap space is a lot. Who's in competition to trade a 1st and absorb that contract in season?

In a heart beat. Problem is he would likely want full control no? I wonder if he’d be OK for for JD or any other GM for that matter 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lol.  Jets fans never want to get better on offense. Theres always an excuse. Who would want the best WR in the nfl? Not Jets fans. So ridiculous

A great NFL coach > a great NFL WR.

Imagine starting over with Trevor Lawrence and Sean Payton together. That’s the least Jetsiest thing I’ve ever heard of.

• Upvote 4

I would proceed with a lot of caution on this one. You have a guy who is in the conversation for best WR in the league on a team that is basically superbowl or bust with Brees likely on his last season and they're trading him mid-season? 

I get the cap implications and that makes is kind of reasonable from their perspective but again, this should be an "all-in" season for them. 

Something stinks here.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Well?? Interested or not? Douglas views his second first round pick as a bargaining chip for experienced players like this on the market. Plus what better way to stick it to the player then to trade him to the Jets!

Yes he punched a teammate in practice but he’s kinda good at offense so...what say you jet fans?

do it.  i'm pretty much opposed to trading FOR people this year but he's a guy that could be a real asset for this team in attracting a good HC. i'd offer the 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Answers here: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Click on the 2021 tab.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is with players that as soon as they get really good they become total dickheads that teams want to get rid of.

Many of these guys come into the league from college as humble hard workers that want to succeed and when they do succeed they turn into idiots.

Thomas has apparently been a d**k from the jump.  It was kept under wraps because the team was winning and Thomas was producing insane numbers.  Its only become a serious problem now.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

OR....

We stop doing things this way....you know, the way that has never worked for this team.

and wait until next year to draft more receivers.

Absolutely this! I don't trust trading for any veteran especially with the current trend of shooting their way out of town to get to a contender.

I actually think it's shameful, disgraceful, and shows a true lack of character on the part of the clowns that have been pulling this crap.

JD has his work cut out for him. Personally I want to root for a team of players that I actually like as people. I'm not interested in being a stepping stone. No more Lev Bell's or CJ Mosley's thanks.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What is with players that as soon as they get really good they become total dickheads that teams want to get rid of.

Many of these guys come into the league from college as humble hard workers that want to succeed and when they do succeed they turn into idiots.

I think there's a subculture in sports these days especially the NFL. These guys are the new Rockstars and it's all about gettin' paid! 

Guns, cocaine, jewelry, threesomes, parties, beating your wife up LOL excetera excetera excetera.

I think it's sad that a guy like Antonio Brown is actually even allowed to play in the league. Entitled, classless, uneducated morons. Hey let's give them millions of dollars! Great idea right!?

There should be loyalty and pride and honor in the NFL. I think some of these guys need some role models that actually have some class.

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Money and job security enable ones true self to appear.

My vote is to leave it with JD.  Yes, he has a hand in this year's debacle.  But he has shown himself to be pretty savvy with his trades.  And he has at least paid lip service to building a high character, high effort team.

And FWIW, I vote we trade down and take Penei Sewell and build as super OL for the future.