Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetstream23

Offense wins Championships....according to Nick Saban

Recommended Posts

Just putting it out there... After the season, when DOUGLAS hires the next HC, he should interview Nick Saban. I'm not sure he'd ever want to come to the Jets? Douglas would have sell himself to Saban, but Saban would make a great HC IMO. He's learned so much since his stint in Miami. He's perfected the college game. He couldn't possibly be any better than he already is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just commented about this in the college game day thread.   You just have to play enough defense and be somewhat opportunistic.   

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He learned the hard way.

Someone should tell the NY Jets about this revelation .

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Just putting it out there... After the season, when DOUGLAS hires the next HC, he should interview Nick Saban. I'm not sure he'd ever want to come to the Jets? Douglas would have sell himself to Saban, but Saban would make a great HC IMO. He's learned so much since his stint in Miami. He's perfected the college game. He couldn't possibly be any better than he already is.

Nick Saban is almost 70, makes 8.6M per year, and is a contender every single season.

What exactly would be enticing about the Jets?

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Nick Saban is almost 70, makes 8.6M per year, and is a contender every single season.

What exactly would be enticing about the Jets?

Winning a SB in a city everyone claims to be the very worst destination in sports. If he won a SB here it would eclipse any accomplishment he's achieved at Alabama times TEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Winning a SB in a city everyone claims to be the very worst destination in sports. If he won a SB here it would eclipse any accomplishment he's achieved at Alabama times TEN.

That’s an extremely Jet-centric point of view.

I’m pretty sure almost assuredly winning the most national championships in NCAA history will eclipse an extremely unlikely championship on for the NFL Jersey B Team.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That’s an extremely Jet-centric point of view.

I’m pretty sure almost assuredly winning the most national championships in NCAA history will eclipse an extremely unlikely championship on for the NFL Jersey B Team.

You can look at it anyway you want. If Saban win a SB, with the Jets of all teams, would easily cement his legacy as one of the best all around coaches, ultimate success n both college and the pros. Not at all Jet centric.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You can look at it anyway you want. If Saban win a SB, with the Jets of all teams, would easily cement his legacy as one of the best all around coaches, ultimate success n both college and the pros. Not at all Jet centric.

I think you should pose this question to a few non-Jets fans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He learned the hard way.

Someone should tell the NY Jets about this revelation .

 But wait.... wait.... we hired an offensive guru, brilliant offensive minded-quarterback whisperer.... why should we tell the JETS about this revelation???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oh yeah - gase, fu*k*ng gase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Just putting it out there... After the season, when DOUGLAS hires the next HC, he should interview Nick Saban. I'm not sure he'd ever want to come to the Jets? Douglas would have sell himself to Saban, but Saban would make a great HC IMO. He's learned so much since his stint in Miami. He's perfected the college game. He couldn't possibly be any better than he already is.

Ain't never gonna happen. He's worshiped as a a God in Alabama, why would he ever want to give that up ? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean drafting 5 DT’s

Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, Quinnen Williams. 

2 Safety’s 

Calvin Pryor, Jamal Adams.

An Inside ILB Darron Lee.

All in the last decade didn’t work!

 

 

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You mean drafting 5 DT’s

Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, Quinnen Williams. 

2 Safety’s 

Calvin Pryor, Jamal Adams.

An Inside ILB Darron Lee.

All in the last decade didn’t work!

 

 

 

Because of no QB.

If KC had a defense to stop Brady in 2018, maybe Mahomes has 2 rings by now. The Steelers are very dangerous this season because they have a real good defense.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Because of no QB.

If KC had a defense to stop Brady in 2018, maybe Mahomes has 2 rings by now. The Steelers are very dangerous this season because they have a real good defense.

 

That was Dee Ford jumping off sides. The modern NFL is about offence, no way can anyone justify those picks. Granted a great Defence can help, but with all the rule changes it’s about points and it’s going more in that direction.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

That was Dee Ford jumping off sides. The modern NFL is about offence, no way can anyone justify those picks. Granted a great Defence can help, but with all the rule changes it’s about points and it’s going more in that direction.

Dee Ford off sides was 1 play who BTW was let go.

Chiefs brought in Chris Jones and Frank Clark to shore up that defense in 2019. Fired Bob Sutton. Justin Houston was old and running on fumes.

2018 KC was 1st ranked offense and 24 ranked defense https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2018.htm

2019 KC was 5th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2019.htm

Watch out for the Steelers this year. Defenses are beginning to figure out KC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saban forgot to mention the all important point: 

Unethical recruitment and under-the-table cash incentives also win championships. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You mean drafting 5 DT’s

Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, Quinnen Williams. 

2 Safety’s 

Calvin Pryor, Jamal Adams.

An Inside ILB Darron Lee.

All in the last decade didn’t work!

 

 

 

RETARTED! Go back & look at the offensive players we left on those boards. Sickening!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Just putting it out there... After the season, when DOUGLAS hires the next HC, he should interview Nick Saban. I'm not sure he'd ever want to come to the Jets? Douglas would have sell himself to Saban, but Saban would make a great HC IMO. He's learned so much since his stint in Miami. He's perfected the college game. He couldn't possibly be any better than he already is.

Douglas doesn’t pick the coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetster said:

RETARTED! Go back & look at the offensive players we left on those boards. Sickening!

That moment when you spell a word you shouldn’t use anyways wrong.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ECURB said:

That moment when you spell a word you shouldn’t use anyways wrong.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lol, that's the way you spell it when your retarded. Oh, I'm so offended. When the New York Jets actually hire a retarded coach you can be offended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Just putting it out there... After the season, when DOUGLAS hires the next HC, he should interview Nick Saban. I'm not sure he'd ever want to come to the Jets? Douglas would have sell himself to Saban, but Saban would make a great HC IMO. He's learned so much since his stint in Miami. He's perfected the college game. He couldn't possibly be any better than he already is.

Partially true but at the same time he pretty much gets the pick of the litter as he build his roster at Alabama. Be like the equivalent of having 7 out of 10 of the top ten draft picks every year in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Because of no QB.

If KC had a defense to stop Brady in 2018, maybe Mahomes has 2 rings by now. The Steelers are very dangerous this season because they have a real good defense.

 

Are you using KC as an example as to why you shouldn't build a team around offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you using KC as an example as to why you shouldn't build a team around offense?

Yep.

The 2018 Chiefs had a crap defense. Bob Sutton was shown the highway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you using KC as an example as to why you shouldn't build a team around offense?

The season NE went 18 - 1 and scored 50 TDs, they lost to a Giants team with a great defense.

Conversely, NE could not stop Eli Manning from scoring. Could not stop David Tyree. Tell you something else. Football is still about the defense hitting legally and these high flying offenses dont like to be hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...