Jetsfan80

Justin Herbert

On 10/24/2020 at 3:57 PM, joewilly12 said:

Justin Herbert is a better QB. 

Why wasnt Justin Herbert a "generational talent" but Trevor Lawrence is?   2 QB's went ahead of this guy and they are nowhere near as good.

6'6 230 cannon arm, accurate as can be, takes care of the ball, ran a 4.6. 

TL has no chance of doing this at the next level.  He can barely complete forward passes and Herbert is attacking every level of the field like he's a bigger faster stronger Aaron Rodgers.

This is why I never ever listen the talking head morons wannabe scouts.  They're ******* clueless. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Herbert scored a 689 on QBASE.  A better score than Pat Mahomes and Kyler Murray got.  

You know, the metric you guys like to sh*t on for not being at all predictive.  

And he's not better than either one of them so it remains to be stupid.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Find me scouts or front office people who thought he'd be THIS good.  

You and predator just finished explaining how scouts, experts and front offices know nothing when it comes to QB's.  QBASE does, and pretty consistently.  And you guys continue to sh*t on it at every turn.  

Burrow got a very high score too, btw.

He went #6 overall, did the Chargers take him at #6 thinking he was going to bad? 

Totally forgot how I slapped your little tushy in this thread and you didnt touch a response.  Yummy reminder. 

I very much doubt they thought he'd be this good, right away.  Otherwise he wouldn't have been the 3rd QB off the board.  They'd have done everything in their power to move up to the # 2 or 3 spot to ensure they got him.  Instead they played "stick and pick".  

Consensus had Burrow better, ironically so did your ground breaking formula.  The only variance is Tua and you're taking a lot at liberty assuming they were just sticking and picking.  You dont know what they knew. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You weren't worth my time.  Your "math is gay" shtick gets old after a while.  You're not going to be convinced no matter what anyone says, you stubborn mule.

QBASE is far from perfect, but it's highly useful.  You won't even acknowledge that.

Why do you constantly try to spin and paint me in a light that is inaccurate when you're defeated?  You remind me of someone... 

Go type what I read and respond to it.  I acknowledged it's useful and said it should not be used as a determining factor because it's highly flawed.  I know you cant defend this so "I'm not worth your time" (liar, you love me) because I'm right but I'll simply remind you of the highlights; The flaw in their formula has nothing to do with math it's completely subjective malarkey that they use to compile their "data", they are not telling you anything you didnt already know ie; Burrow is the #1 prospect, there isnt a competitive tool to compare this is better than anything else out there and it ultimately is 50/50 on when they are right and wrong and I dont know how you can put any stock into something with those types of results.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You act like what they're putting out there is conventional wisdom.  They sniffed out many of the supposedly "can't miss" prospects as being likely busts, and certainly had higher scores for others that were risky bets. 

If everyone "already knew" about these prospects, then the scouts, analysts, front office execs and JN experts wouldn't get this stuff wrong at a higher rate than QBASE.  

No one knew Mahomes would be what he was, yet QBASE gave him the highest score from the 2017 QB Class.  That stands for something, considering that no Air Raid QB had ever succeeded in the pros prior.  

Meh, not going to repeat the same argument points over again, I've shredded this before too.

❤️

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Update:

In 7 career starts to date, Justin Herbert has four 300+ yard games and four 3+ TD games.

In 32 career starts to date, Sam Darnold has four 300+ yard games and three 3+ TD games.

The Chargers are a bad team (2-6).  

Also, Jake Luton (2020 6th round pick) threw for 304 yards today in his career debut, for a 1-7 team, throwing to the likes of Chris Conley.  

lol Darnold is ******* terrible but I would like to add, anyone who thinks Lawrence does what Herbert is doing entering the league needs their head checked....crazy that people didnt call Herbert a generational talent, they are the same dude, Herbert is just a much much much better passer.   He just doesnt have beautiful blonde hair and perfect skin like TL.

And while Luton certainly makes you feel silly watching the Jets, he's got a little more than Chris Conley to throw to, that's just a bad troll job.  Chark, 2nd RD pick is a baller, Eifert was once an elite TE, Shenault is a 1st rounder and James Robinson is good. The better troll job would be to call out how the Jets wont play a 4th round pick but the Jags just played a 6th rounder, again, and they're still able to run a modern day offense..  That's the real story here, not the misrepresentation of what Luton has around him.

All that said, yes, Darnold is a mega bust who sucks donkey dick and Adam Gase is a total ******* moron.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, every QB in the league has better weapons than Sam Darnold.  

But there's still no way Darnold would be throwing for 300+ yards and 2+ TDs with the Chargers or Jaguars.  Not a chance in hell.  

Luton, a 6th round pick who was the Jaguars' QB3 a week ago, doing in his debut what Darnold, a top 5 pick, has only done 4x in 32 starts is simply pathetic, no matter who each of them have to throw to.

I hate when you edit my posts and then begin to make an argument I clearly wasnt making and clearly wouldnt make if you simply read my post.  I didnt say Darnold would do the same or disagreed with how pathetic it is.  In fact, numerous times I said Darnold sucks and is a mega bust. ass munch

The bigger issue you should be pointing out was my other point, that 2 years in a row, the Jags have played a 6th round rookie and got production out of them.  Meanwhile, the Jets took a QB in the 4th round this season yet we see Flacco when Darnold goes down. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company