OT Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Isn't playing tonight,  but the guy is 6'9 400lbs  and has excellent mobility and foot speed. Imagine putting him at RT opposite Mekhi and having the largest Tackle set in the History of the league...

LOL. I like it!

20201024_202103.jpg.576cacbe3502939d5bd8fa97d6250e2d.jpg

He's an interesting prospect. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Isn't playing tonight,  but the guy is 6'9 400lbs  and has excellent mobility and foot speed. Imagine putting him at RT opposite Mekhi and having the largest Tackle set in the History of the league...

LOL. I like it!

How about as a guard right next to The Big Ticket!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. I like it!

The kid has potenial but doesn't fit the athletic profile the Jets are currently seeking to fit their  "outside stretch zone"scheme.  

48 minutes ago, ljr said:

did seem a tiny bit slow movement wise ... would be nervous of speed rushers beating him 

def cool with picking a big raw monster late in the draft and trying to develop him though

..if he's still on the board in the 5th round... we should take him  8::

cheers ~ ~

:beer: 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I want this kid so bad if he comes out  because his measurables are outstanding for man of this size! 

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/gopher-lineman-ranks-high-in-annual-college-football-freaks-list

At 275lbs of lean muscle mass he has more muscle than most players have weight. His 50 time of 5.6 may not be fast but from tunn8ng track I automatically think he can lose 2 tenths of a second if he better his form and his start  in the dash. Once he gets into an NFL strenghth and conditioning offseason with a nutritionist and loses 40 lbs of that baby fat. He will be a beast. Becton needs to lose about 20lbs of fat also. 

I would draft him instead of Sewell because he has only played RT in college making him less likely to want to switch sides in the NFL and since has only played American football for 3 years he hasn't developed bad habits so keeping him on the Right side to develop into the best OT he can be  would be an easy sell to him. With Sewell and other OTs getting drafted the knowledge that they are going to play the Right side when they have LT ability will cause issues in the locket room at some point because of the knowledge they are losing $$$$ in the long run. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. I like it!

Check the look out on the coach.

Wow you are freaking way huge up close!  

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Jet Nut said:

5.65 40.  Not excellent foot speed

If he drops 35 to 50 lbs and he definitely can with the proper meal plan and an NFL strength and conditioning. He could easily knock off 4 tenths from his 40 speed. If you ran track then you know that more than 75% of a 40 yrd dash is the first 10 yards and your form.  Also there is a difference between track speed and football speed. Some players play faster than others even though the time slower in the 40.  

What matters most would be how fast he plays, how smart he is, is he athletic enough to get to the second level to block LB’s, can he  get out on screens and do speed rushers get by him easily. He is too big to go through so power rushers won’t be very successful against him. It will be speed rushers that make counter moves to rip back under or can knock his hands down and bend around him that will give him issues.  He can dunk a basketball has 29 inch vertical and has  measurable that are equal to or better than Dontari Poe and other DT. His last test would have put him as the 14 best tackle out of 39 in the 2019 draft.  Lastly, a RT does not need to be as gifted athletically as your LT because your QB can see that rush coming.  I say draft him in the second round, red shirt him for a full year. WE have Fant and McGovern for another year anyway and would take cap hits getting rid of either and let him train, lose weight and get coached up for a year. Getting in on sub packages until fall 2022. Our O line would be incredible.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Super69MetsJetsKnicks said:

If he drops 35 to 50 lbs and he definitely can with the proper meal plan and an NFL strength and conditioning. He could easily knock off 4 tenths from his 40 speed. If you ran track then you know that more than 75% of a 40 yrd dash is the first 10 yards and your form.  Also there is a difference between track speed and football speed. Some players play faster than others even though the time slower in the 40.  

What matters most would be how fast he plays, how smart he is, is he athletic enough to get to the second level to block LB’s, can he  get out on screens and do speed rushers get by him easily. He is too big to go through so power rushers won’t be very successful against him. It will be speed rushers that make counter moves to rip back under or can knock his hands down and bend around him that will give him issues.  He can dunk a basketball has 29 inch vertical and has  measurable that are equal to or better than Dontari Poe and other DT. His last test would have put him as the 14 best tackle out of 39 in the 2019 draft.  Lastly, a RT does not need to be as gifted athletically as your LT because your QB can see that rush coming.  I say draft him in the second round, red shirt him for a full year. WE have Fant and McGovern for another year anyway and would take cap hits getting rid of either and let him train, lose weight and get coached up for a year. Getting in on sub packages until fall 2022. Our O line would be incredible.   

MAYBE. That seems like a ton of work and like you're taking a huge chance and risk that all these things line up for a player to be successful (along with the assumption that he is straight up going to be unavailable for a year- redshirt). You could also just DRAFT Teven Jenkins, Dillon Radunz, Jackson Carman, maybe Liam Eichenberg, maybe even Jaylen Mayfield? These are all OT's that could potentially step right in and start at RT and I think have a good chance of developing into very good RTs. Especially Jenkins, Radunz and Mayfield. I like those three guys in particular. Although I think Mayfield might go in Rd. 1. Some of these guys could also play guard because of the experience they have.

Faalele is a major project. Early Rd. 2 is way too early for the Jets. JMHO. 

• Upvote 1