New Unchartered Territory

Alka

52 years as a Jets fan, and no matter how bad the team has been in many of it's years, I always had hope that we could win any given game, with few exceptions.

Now, I find myself having no hope whatsoever that we have any chance of winning any game that we are playing.

Instead, I look forward to individual performances, and hoping that players play well, and that I can have hope that we can build for the future.

I also hope that instead of winning the game, that we don't get blown out, and that we can be somewhat competitive.

Unless Buffalo doesn't show up, I except a blow out.  If Buffalo doesn't show up, I wonder just how close we can be while still losing.

0-6, and the best the Jets have done is lose by 9 points.  That is the closest we have come in 6 consecutive games.

If the Jets lose by less than 10 points tomorrow, it will be a win.  If the Jets lose by less than 20, it will be expected.  If the Jets lose by less than 30 points, it will be disappointing but understandable.  Anything by more than 30 points, and we will be hitting new lows, which will further confirm that this Jets team does not belong in the NFL.

5 hours ago, Alka said:

52 years as a Jets fan, and no matter how bad the team has been in many of it's years, I always had hope that we could win any given game, with few exceptions.

Now, I find myself having no hope whatsoever that we have any chance of winning any game that we are playing.

Instead, I look forward to individual performances, and hoping that players play well, and that I can have hope that we can build for the future.

I also hope that instead of winning the game, that we don't get blown out, and that we can be somewhat competitive.

Unless Buffalo doesn't show up, I except a blow out.  If Buffalo doesn't show up, I wonder just how close we can be while still losing.

0-6, and the best the Jets have done is lose by 9 points.  That is the closest we have come in 6 consecutive games.

If the Jets lose by less than 10 points tomorrow, it will be a win.  If the Jets lose by less than 20, it will be expected.  If the Jets lose by less than 30 points, it will be disappointing but understandable.  Anything by more than 30 points, and we will be hitting new lows, which will further confirm that this Jets team does not belong in the NFL.

Sound like a “new” Jets suck scale to me.

5 hours ago, Alka said:

Yeah they sucked in the past and have been good a few times too but they always tried to win the game, had a plan worthy of an NFL team. All the terrible OCs coaches whoever you thought, hey he makes that throw we get the first and who knows we win the game...but now it's not even i don't think we have a shot, it's we don't even take a shot at winning

It's craxy

I watched the Titans play so I have been a jets fan for a lot of years.  We are not currently the worst Jets team in history.  And hopelessness is all part of the Jets experience.  Hess was a far worse owner the Woody!  Idiocy reigned supreme year after year.  The Johnsons  at least care and try.

And I am a believer if JD.  We'll see.  But, while watching this year's team is painful, there are reasons for optimism.

• Upvote 1