NY Jets Trade Deadline Predictions

JetNation

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

BUYERS?

Come on, man. How many years of NFL do we need to go through to all realize free agency is a garbage way to build? Players that hit the market do so for a reason. 

I don't really believe Sam will do much to build his value up much, either. But again, right now, his value is almost nothing. You also have to factor in the other roster decisions. It's worth a shot. Maybe when he's Gaseless, he'll show someone something that makes them want him. Have to try at least.

I mean, we're going have to add some players in free agency.  I'm not saying we'll be heavy buyers.  But we're certainly going to add more players than we lose this offseason (and probably next offseason, too), which would negate any comp picks we could end up with.  Even if the FA's we add are "B" or "C" type free agents.

Meanwhile, what teams are going to sign away our free agents to big contracts?  Especially with the cap going down?  The only players of significance currently on the roster who are scheduled to hit free agency following the 2021 season will be Darnold, Jamison Crowder, and Chris Herndon.

Again:  Trading Darnold for 2021 pick(s) makes way more sense than keeping him another year, to get a 2023 comp pick that may never come.  He's not going to be the starting QB in 2021.  Keeping him makes zero sense.  One of the 31 NFL teams out there will think he's "fixable" and give us a 3rd rounder or so.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:52 PM, NYJ1 said:

I think any new HC that comes in here would want to keep Sammy? What's the rush in trading him? Put him in a straight up QB competition with another young buck. I think the idea of having TWO blue chipper QB prospects is very attractive for any HC candidate. Who could possibly think they know enough about a prospect to say, "Yeah, Sammy is dead weight on the roster"? In a QB driven league you MUST have a good one. Keeping Sammy and drafting someone else is the best possible scenario for a rebuilding team. 

We already have Morgan that we spent a 4th rounder on.  We automatically assume he will be a back up but I am sure he wants a chance to compete to start as well.  We don't need to keep Darnold if we draft a Lawrence, Fields or Lance.   Just get the best package we can for him and move on.   The guy is just too turnover prone and that is not all on the coaching staff.