#/!# Jets vs Bills - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

I expect the Jets to put up a decent battle against the Bills. Why? Not sure. We got Becton back. We got Darnold back. We got Mims playing. We’re at home. Bills not playing great. Maybe we can run a little bit against them and that could open up some passes. I expect Jets to cover the spread here and play a better game than they have been. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All Mims all the time.

I just want Mims to show promise.  That's all.  Just one thing to hold on too.  We can suck.  Sam can fizzle out.  Gase can do a Belushi sized line of blow on the side of the field.  Just let me see some promise from one of our rookie offensive players (outside of Becton.)  That will sustain me... so I don't throw myself off the Astoria Column after our last loss to the Pats in January.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I just want Mims to show promise.  That's all.  Just one thing to hold on too.  We can suck.  Sam can fizzle out.  Gase can do a Belushi sized line of blow on the side of the field.  Just let me see some promise from one of our rookie offensive players (outside of Becton.)  That will sustain me... so I don't throw myself off the Astoria Column after our last loss to the Pats in January.

Sam playing well would be good. If they get the # 1 pick he is getting traded. If they don't he is the starter next year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

What if Mims Is the next Stephen Hill? - Things are so Jetsy right now it could happen? - I hope he’s the real deal but this season and all that.

Didn't Stephen Hill catch 11 passes in college or some crazy azz thing like that? I don't see any similarity.

There will be some testing going on. Mr. Denzel Mims will be tested. Mr. Samuel Darnold's recuperated shoulder will be tested.

And we Jets followers will be tested. Today's game will give us a chance to steel ourselves against the game with the Kansas City Chiefs next week. That game will be a real test of fan loyalty.

Stay safe 'n well -- and committed!

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Didn't Stephen Hill catch 11 passes in college or some crazy azz thing like that? I don't see any similarity.

I do they are both tall athletic and fast. So physically both very similar. Let’s see if Mims can do it in the big leagues? - I also remember Hill’s first game, he got over 100 yards then nothing.

37 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don’t think Mims is the next Steven hill but you’ve got to admit the jets have been snakebit when it comes to second round receivers.  Mims is following in the footsteps of hill, amaro and Smith. And things didn’t exactly start out so well with him being injured to start the season.

i hope he shows enough so that his position doesn’t need to be filled again for next season.

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I do they are both tall athletic and fast. So physically both very similar. Let’s see if Mims can do it in the big leagues? - I also remember Hill’s first game, he got over 100 yards then nothing.

The early jet career passing receiver greats; hill, Herndon, Smith........

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sam playing well would be good. If they get the # 1 pick he is getting traded. If they don't he is the starter next year.

Exactly right. I don’t see the Jets getting the #1 overall. For better or worse- Sam has a history of doing this.. Team plays terrible, he himself is up and down and very inconsistent, gets hurt, misses a few games, comes back and puts a few good performances together, win a few. As I’ve been mentioning here over the last week or two. As they get healthy- they are going to pick up a few wins. Certainly not next week- ? Chiefs will kill the. I could easily see them going 3-7- 4-6 down the stretch and picking in their usual #3 spot.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

The early jet career passing receiver greats; hill, Herndon, Smith........

Herndon has seemed to morph from a proiming young TE into Jace Amaro in less than two years.  Amaro averaged 2.7 catches and 25 yards per game as a Jet.  Herndon is at 2.3 and 26 yards.  What a disappointment he has turned into after a promising rookie year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lith said:

Herndon has seemed to morph from a proiming young TE into Jace Amaro in less than two years.  Amaro averaged 2.7 catches and 25 yards per game as a Jet.  Herndon is at 2.3 and 26 yards.  What a disappointment he has turned into after a promising rookie year.

Another selfish player figuring out a way to fleece the Jets, no different than Trumaine, Jamal, Mosley, Osemele, or Bell.  Herndon doesn't want to push it and give 100% because in order for his 'brand' to be successful and make enough money to retire by age 28 he needs to stay healthy.  He needs to be out there in April with tape showing that he played a full season to get a multi-year contract from a team foolish enough to take our leftovers.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Torus34 said:

There will be some testing going on. Mr. Denzel Mims will be tested. Mr. Samuel Darnold's recuperated shoulder will be tested.

And we Jets followers will be tested. Today's game will give us a chance to steel ourselves against the game with the Kansas City Chiefs next week. That game will be a real test of fan loyalty.

Stay safe 'n well -- and committed!

Well, I think the interior of the o-line will be really tested. To get to Darnold and disrupt any possible rhythm he may develop with Mims the Bills will attack that struggling interior O-line, especially with Lewis and Clark inactive for the game. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Another selfish player figuring out a way to fleece the Jets, no different than Trumaine, Jamal, Mosley, Osemele, or Bell.  Herndon doesn't want to push it and give 100% because in order for his 'brand' to be successful and make enough money to retire by age 28 he needs to stay healthy.  He needs to be out there in April with tape showing that he played a full season to get a multi-year contract from a team foolish enough to take our leftovers.

SAR I

This is a real reach. First off Trumaine (signed in FA, fell of a cliff), Jamal (played 100% on the field, wanted a new deal), Mosley (signed in FA, got hurt), Osemele (signed in FA, mishandled injury), Bell (signed in FA, played 100%, stayed healthy, was traded by management)- ALL had completely different circumstances. 

Second of all, how does Herndon play into this? He's on a rookie deal and hasn't done anything to earn a big extension. He would want to take advantage of every single opportunity to get on the field and play as hard as possible to get that contract- not fade into obscurity. Your thinking is counterintuitive when you look at his situation.    

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Another word for disappointment used frequently around here is BUST.