#/!# Jets vs Bills - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

All you experts in here...  the one area where Darnold excelled in college was rolling out and passing on the run.  He was --when playing well-- a QB that played in rhythm.  So, why no designed plays like that here for him?  Why no hurry up offense?  In other words, why have the Jets tried to make him exclusively a drop back QB?  Especially since what the O line does worst is protect a drop back QB.

I actually saw quite a bit of those.

All you experts in here...  the one area where Darnold excelled in college was rolling out and passing on the run.  He was --when playing well-- a QB that played in rhythm.  So, why no designed plays like that here for him?  Why no hurry up offense?  In other words, why have the Jets tried to make him exclusively a drop back QB?  Especially since what the O line does worst is protect a drop back QB.

He's been out of college for 3 years and there has been zero progression

• Upvote 1

Sam is good at nothing at a consistent level. They ran bootlegs for him and he didn’t do anything with them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Honestly man I'm just sick of your sh*t. You're reaching Sar levels of garbage. This is the worst team in football and you desperately slurp off the guy who's overseen it. 

I have literally never said a positive word about Mac. You're talking sh*t. As usual. Douglas has been abysmal. We're the worst team in football and every FA signing has been a debacle relative to the signings other teams made. You waiting for Mims to have a single catch and post about it was nothing short of pathetic. Go f*ck yourself. You're a delusional fanboy bitch.

So much hostility and stupidity in one post. 

Yikes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly man I'm just sick of your sh*t. You're reaching Sar levels of garbage. This is the worst team in football and you desperately slurp off the guy who's overseen it. 

I have literally never said a positive word about Mac. You're talking sh*t. As usual. Douglas has been abysmal. We're the worst team in football and every FA signing has been a debacle relative to the signings other teams made. You waiting for Mims to have a single catch and post about it was nothing short of pathetic. Go f*ck yourself. You're a delusional fanboy bitch.

Image result for hell yes gifs

Just now, ausman said:

Well, I'm just as tired of your simplistic solution -- just change the QB.  We had a veteran in there last two weeks that won a Super Bowl but according to you, he sucks too.  See a pattern there?  So, we're even--we're both tired.

Joe Flacco was done before he ever signed with the Jets.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

He was knocked unconscious.

I once passed out with 185 lbs pressed over my head. Granted, I was only out for a moment, but I went complexly black. I didn't drop the weight. He gets a pass on dropping it,, but I would just for once see a receiver hold onto the ball after a hit. 

• WTF? 1

Go cry in a closet. He’s here for the next 4 drafts at minimum. If I’m a fanboy you’re an obsessive lunatic.

The Macc approach is what you support because you think shooting for 4-12 is a good thing. That’s what Macc would do. Spend just enough money to hand the Jets the # 4 pick.
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 1

Just now, ausman said:

Well, I'm just as tired of your simplistic solution -- just change the QB.  We had a veteran in there last two weeks that won a Super Bowl but according to you, he sucks too.  See a pattern there?  So, we're even--we're both tired.

Stop it.  You're proposing that Flacco is still playing at his SB level?  He's done.  And was done before we stupidly signed him.  

And it's not just about a QB change.  After three years, Darnold has shown that we make a massive mistake moving up and drafting him.  The dopes who call themselves GMs for this franchise went and drafted a kid who had only played two years in college and was prone to turnovers.  It's not that I don't like Darnold.  It's that I see clearly that he is not what we had hoped for:  A franchise QB.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

If a QB can’t play from the pocket, he won’t ever be good.  Simple.  The mobility and roll-outs are nice crutches to help someone develop while they learn to play from the pocket but if they can’t do it, they aren’t worth building around.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Go cry in a closet. He’s here for the next 4 drafts at minimum. If I’m a fanboy you’re an obsessive lunatic.

I've already told you that I know that. Just like I knew it with Mac.

It will be fun watching you desperately deny that you were a Douglas fanboy when he's unceremoniously ditched in a few years. But nah, keep praising him for putting together one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL.

It will be fun watching you desperately deny that you were a Douglas fanboy when he's unceremoniously ditched in a few years. But nah, keep praising him for putting together one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL.

Keep thinking that spending to shoot for 4-12 is a good strategy.
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The reason why teams blitz isn't bc the offensive line can't block. It's bc they know Darnold can't process the defense quickly enough to get rid of the ball to the open WR. That's his biggest issue among many issues. 

If you can’t make plays when the dogs are sicked on you in this league you’re not a starting QB. Period. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Blame Macc and Idzik for this roster, not JD. JD's draft class actually played well today, I like how you don't bring that up. ?

I guess he would have preferred JD spend just enough on average/mediocre players to go something like 4-12. Luckily, JD isn't that dumb. 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The reason why teams blitz isn't bc the offensive line can't block. It's bc they know Darnold can't process the defense quickly enough to get rid of the ball to the open WR. That's his biggest issue among many issues. 

This is the truth. Darnold has never been able to figure out what to do when the defense blitzes. He does not process anything quick enough, either pre snap or post snap 

And nobody got open and the line didn't take out the spy.  So your point is?  

On the pass to Wesco that was broken up, Ryan Griffin was behind him more open than Wesco. It’s the kind of pass you expect someone that’s “good on the move” should make, he didn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keep thinking that spending to shoot for 4-12 is a good strategy.

Delusional. He thought this could be a competitive roster. His own words. He should be held accountable like anyone else. Worst Jets team in history. Put together by Joe Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

Delusional. He thought this could be a competitive roster. His own words. He should be held accountable like anyone else. Worst Jets team in history. Put together by Joe Douglas. 

Only an idiot would actually fall for GM speak.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He didn't count on having the worst QB in the nfl starting for his team. This team would be way more competitive with a better QB.

I don't get how JD is being shielded from this mess by some folks.  Agree that he should be held accountable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1