Maxman

#/!# Jets vs Bills - Discussion Thread #/!#

Just now, ausman said:

Cause and effect.  Bad line, no time, poor play calling, dropped passes = bad QB.  

I'm tired of this empty argument.  Great QBs elevate play.  Darnold does not.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dallas #1 pick is going to happen. 

No way. No one is stupid enough to give a first for him. A second, maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Are you questioning the validity of a headline from “breakyourownnews.com”?

Ummmmmmm thank you!

Just now, BettyBoop said:

Where is SORE I to lay the blame on Greg Williams???

He' getting his we beat the Bills post ready. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

No way. No one is stupid enough to give a first for him. A second, maybe. 

Dallas still has a chance to win the division and desperately need a QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

4 yards in the second half.  How do you not have any play calls to slow down the pass rush?

Darnold was begging to be sacked. Dude shouldn’t start another game this year

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Jeez, trade him for 2nd to Dallas right now. Dallas is only 1 game back in that sh*t division, lie to them and tell them that Darnold is better than their backup.

All you experts in here...  the one area where Darnold excelled in college was rolling out and passing on the run.  He was --when playing well-- a QB that played in rhythm.  So, why no designed plays like that here for him?  Why no hurry up offense?  In other words, why have the Jets tried to make him exclusively a drop back QB?  Especially since what the O line does worst is protect a drop back QB.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Dallas still has a chance to win the division and desperately need a QB. 

They are not giving up a first for him. The only team stupid enough to do that would be the Jets and we can't trade with ourselves. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Darnold was begging to be sacked. Dude shouldn’t start another game this year

Put the rookie in.  Let's see if he can play.  What do we have to lose at 0-7?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everything I stated was a fact. The 4 best players on the field other than QW were JD acquisitions.

Meanwhile you think the Macc approach was good. Go away.

Honestly man I'm just sick of your sh*t. You're reaching Sar levels of garbage. This is the worst team in football and you desperately slurp off the guy who's overseen it. 

I have literally never said a positive word about Mac. You're talking sh*t. As usual. Douglas has been abysmal. We're the worst team in football and every FA signing has been a debacle relative to the signings other teams made. You waiting for Mims to have a single catch and post about it was nothing short of pathetic. Go f*ck yourself. You're a delusional fanboy bitch.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm tired of this empty argument.  Great QBs elevate play.  Darnold does not.

Well, I'm just as tired of your simplistic solution -- just change the QB.  We had a veteran in there last two weeks that won a Super Bowl but according to you, he sucks too.  See a pattern there?  So, we're even--we're both tired.

16 minutes ago, ausman said:

Cause and effect.  Bad line, no time, poor play calling, dropped passes = bad QB.  

Again, the line looked bad because Darnold couldn’t read a blitz if his life depended on it, he can’t see the full field, recognize or see wide open receivers, and he holds the ball way too long.

Evidently, these excuses only apply to and effect Sam because Burrow and Herbert look just fine.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Cause and effect

Qb who hadn’t been able to identify blitzes for 3 years gets blitzed so he panics, he has a small brain so he stays panicked, defense knows he’s rattled so they sell out on blitzes and run blitzes = those promising rookies looking ineffective 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mims, Perriman, Becton and Perine all kicked a$& today. If our QB wasn’t such a b*tch this would have been a W.

Get lost with that garbage.

And burrows has one win under his belt.

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

All you experts in here...  the one area where Darnold excelled in college was rolling out and passing on the run.  He was --when playing well-- a QB that played in rhythm.  So, why no designed plays like that here for him?  Why no hurry up offense?  In other words, why have the Jets tried to make him exclusively a drop back QB?  Especially since what the O line does worst is protect a drop back QB.

I actually saw quite a bit of those.

He's been out of college for 3 years and there has been zero progression

• Upvote 1

Sam is good at nothing at a consistent level. They ran bootlegs for him and he didn’t do anything with them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It was over when he got hurt in Denver on a play that was 100 % his own fault.

Hell it might have been over well before even that.

He was never good. As @CTM will say...he’s a puncher and not a boxer & his punches miss the target quite often. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Honestly man I'm just sick of your sh*t. You're reaching Sar levels of garbage. This is the worst team in football and you desperately slurp off the guy who's overseen it. 

I have literally never said a positive word about Mac. You're talking sh*t. As usual. Douglas has been abysmal. We're the worst team in football and every FA signing has been a debacle relative to the signings other teams made. You waiting for Mims to have a single catch and post about it was nothing short of pathetic. Go f*ck yourself. You're a delusional fanboy bitch.

So much hostility and stupidity in one post. 

Yikes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Image result for hell yes gifs

Just now, ausman said:

Well, I'm just as tired of your simplistic solution -- just change the QB.  We had a veteran in there last two weeks that won a Super Bowl but according to you, he sucks too.  See a pattern there?  So, we're even--we're both tired.

Joe Flacco was done before he ever signed with the Jets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

He was knocked unconscious.

I once passed out with 185 lbs pressed over my head. Granted, I was only out for a moment, but I went complexly black. I didn't drop the weight. He gets a pass on dropping it,, but I would just for once see a receiver hold onto the ball after a hit. 

• Confused 1

The reason why teams blitz isn't bc the offensive line can't block. It's bc they know Darnold can't process the defense quickly enough to get rid of the ball to the open WR. That's his biggest issue among many issues. 

Go cry in a closet. He’s here for the next 4 drafts at minimum. If I’m a fanboy you’re an obsessive lunatic.

The Macc approach is what you support because you think shooting for 4-12 is a good thing. That’s what Macc would do. Spend just enough money to hand the Jets the # 4 pick.
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 1

Just now, ausman said:

Stop it.  You're proposing that Flacco is still playing at his SB level?  He's done.  And was done before we stupidly signed him.  

And it's not just about a QB change.  After three years, Darnold has shown that we make a massive mistake moving up and drafting him.  The dopes who call themselves GMs for this franchise went and drafted a kid who had only played two years in college and was prone to turnovers.  It's not that I don't like Darnold.  It's that I see clearly that he is not what we had hoped for:  A franchise QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

If a QB can’t play from the pocket, he won’t ever be good.  Simple.  The mobility and roll-outs are nice crutches to help someone develop while they learn to play from the pocket but if they can’t do it, they aren’t worth building around.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

And burrows has one win under his belt.

Fantastic analysis Kevin, he still looks better than Sam ever has, as a rookie, in an absolutely awful situation.

• Upvote 1