Maxman

#/!# Jets vs Bills - Discussion Thread #/!#

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Go cry in a closet. He’s here for the next 4 drafts at minimum. If I’m a fanboy you’re an obsessive lunatic.

I've already told you that I know that. Just like I knew it with Mac.

It will be fun watching you desperately deny that you were a Douglas fanboy when he's unceremoniously ditched in a few years. But nah, keep praising him for putting together one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sam is good at nothing at a consistent level. They ran bootlegs for him and he didn’t do anything with them. 

And nobody got open and the line didn't take out the spy.  So your point is?  

It will be fun watching you desperately deny that you were a Douglas fanboy when he's unceremoniously ditched in a few years. But nah, keep praising him for putting together one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL.

Keep thinking that spending to shoot for 4-12 is a good strategy.
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

HEY GUYS LETS PLAY NICE!!!

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!

THANK YOU............................

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The reason why teams blitz isn't bc the offensive line can't block. It's bc they know Darnold can't process the defense quickly enough to get rid of the ball to the open WR. That's his biggest issue among many issues. 

If you can’t make plays when the dogs are sicked on you in this league you’re not a starting QB. Period. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Blame Macc and Idzik for this roster, not JD. JD's draft class actually played well today, I like how you don't bring that up. 🧐

I guess he would have preferred JD spend just enough on average/mediocre players to go something like 4-12. Luckily, JD isn't that dumb. 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The reason why teams blitz isn't bc the offensive line can't block. It's bc they know Darnold can't process the defense quickly enough to get rid of the ball to the open WR. That's his biggest issue among many issues. 

This is the truth. Darnold has never been able to figure out what to do when the defense blitzes. He does not process anything quick enough, either pre snap or post snap 

Chiefs in the snow. I hope Bell goes for 150 lol

4 minutes ago, i sat at shea said:

You’re clearly a newbie. Don’t underestimate our ineptitude.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I completely read your name wrong as “I shat at sea”. I thought you were a fisherman with the sh*ts. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dallas still has a chance to win the division and desperately need a QB. 

Dallas should absolutely trade for Flacco.

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

And nobody got open and the line didn't take out the spy.  So your point is?  

On the pass to Wesco that was broken up, Ryan Griffin was behind him more open than Wesco. It’s the kind of pass you expect someone that’s “good on the move” should make, he didn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keep thinking that spending to shoot for 4-12 is a good strategy.

Delusional. He thought this could be a competitive roster. His own words. He should be held accountable like anyone else. Worst Jets team in history. Put together by Joe Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

Another game we lost by less than double digits. woo-hoo. I'm sure the idiot Chris Johnson is already working on Gase's extension. 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Delusional. He thought this could be a competitive roster. His own words. He should be held accountable like anyone else. Worst Jets team in history. Put together by Joe Douglas. 

Only an idiot would actually fall for GM speak.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

He didn't count on having the worst QB in the nfl starting for his team. This team would be way more competitive with a better QB.

I don't get how JD is being shielded from this mess by some folks.  Agree that he should be held accountable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I don't get how JD is being shielded from this mess by some folks.  Agree that he should be held accountable.

Because most of us actually realize it's far too early to judge JD. He walked into probably one of the worst situations a GM can walk into. If this team still looks this bad 2-3 years from, then I'll be there criticizing JD. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Today's stats for our "franchise QB": 12/23 for 120 yards and two INTs.  LOL!

JD needs to trade him before the deadline. 

At this point I don't give a damn what they get in return. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I mean Becton, Perine, Davis and Mims all looked good today. It’s a long process 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

HEY GUYS LETS PLAY NICE!!!

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!

THANK YOU............................

I couldn’t resist

E96A9179-A58C-4557-B873-2BF2618623A1.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Because most of us actually realize it's far too early to judge JD. He walked into probably one of the worst situations a GM can walk into. If this team still looks this bad 2-3 years from, then I'll be there criticizing JD. 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Becton, Perine, Davis and Mims all looked good today. It’s a long process 

Good posts.  I'll defer a bit from my criticism.  But I still think JD should not walk away unscathed from this disaster wrapped in dog doodie season/team.

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah but like, who’s gonna be envious of any of those jerseys at Vinny Stanzicoli or Colin McDonoughflarrety’s poker night???

GOTTA MAKE SPLASHES IN FREE AGENCY BRO.  GET THE SUPERSTARS.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD needs to trade him before the deadline. 

At this point I don't give a damn what they get in return. 

If it were true he still had high value as of last week they CAN’T let him play another game. I’ll take a 4th right now

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The issue with Douglas is no one knows what his actual role is. Is he in charge? Doesnt seem like it. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If a QB can’t play from the pocket, he won’t ever be good.  Simple.  The mobility and roll-outs are nice crutches to help someone develop while they learn to play from the pocket but if they can’t do it, they aren’t worth building around.

No motion to try to figure out zone/man, nor roll outs, very few RPO, no waggles. Can't know if Gase won't call those because he's a moron or Darnold is so fragile or dumb he cannot handle that. Looked like the TERRIBLE 4TH and 1 early may have been a RPO, but took FOREVER IN A SPOT IT HAS TO HAPPEN FAST. The OL may have issues, but this is a QB issue. If all you're gonna do is line everyone up and run a play straight every down, that's not gonna work in 2020.

26 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

If you can’t make plays when the dogs are sicked on you in this league you’re not a starting QB. Period. 

Gotta be able to side step the blitz and get the ball out. It can be done. The OL is better this year than it's been his whole tenure. At a losst why there's no motion, no rollouts, very few RPOs, no waggles. Think as bad as Gase is. Darnold can only drop back and...no, that's it. He cannot process much else. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, all JDs fault. Has nothing to do with 6 straight awful drafts and a garbage roster prior to his arrival. Nothing at all.

This is what a true tear down looks like. A real shame Jets fans don’t have the stomach for it or we would have had one prior to this when it was needed.
  • Upvote 1

Well another young QB we destroyed!   Well in 2 more years we might be a 4-12 team.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dallas should absolutely trade for Flacco.

I’ll give Dallas our 7th to take Darnold off our hands.

Well another young QB we destroyed!   Well in 2 more years we might be a 4-12 team.
... or another soft mistake prone USC mirage.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2