Say goodbye to T. Lawrence

Bronx

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trading down won't either.  Neither option will "turn this around" right away.

At least in the former situation, we'd have a QB (probably).  Gotta start somewhere, and QB is a great place to begin.

Unless you’re a nihilist 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I said it before our last NE game, I said it after our last NE loss and I'll say it again one more time...

"Adam Gase on his BEST DAY can not beat Bill Belichick on his WORST DAY". 

X___DWC___

Bill Belichick couldn't out-stink nor out-tank Adam Gase even if he TRIED. 

Still think we beat pats week 17. Belly will be thinking about the golf course and Gase will be interviewing for his next job 

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not old enough to remember him, but this is my dad's take on O'Brien, as well

He's still pissed we passed on Marino. 

That isn't really a good enough reason to hate O'Brien.  A very good QB who would have been considered a "hit" in a lot of other draft classes.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That isn't really a good enough reason to hate O'Brien.  A very good QB who would have been considered a "hit" in a lot of other draft classes.

Loved Kenny O. He held the ball too long but he was tough. His first year as a starter he put up big numbers. Looked like he was the answer.

After that the interceptions started becoming a thing. Another Jets QB who had to play under bad coaching.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t disagree, but I don’t like to comment on guys I didn’t watch play too much. 

I would also imagine that it would be hard emotionally to watch Marino ball out in your division after passing on him.

I agree that O’Brien is easily the second best NYJ QB to Namath on paper. 

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I said it before our last NE game, I said it after our last NE loss and I'll say it again one more time...

X___DWC___

This is very good factoid. But Belichick is no match for the Jets Curse so its not so much the Belichick vs Gase but Belichick vs the Jets Curse. 

This is all fake fan sensationalism of course haha but if I'm right and we beat the Pats then I'll feel better about expecting the worst. 

19 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

X___DWC___

He beat him twice in Miami and that was when Belichick had Brady.  Remember, Belichick is a completely different HC without Brady.  

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t disagree, but I don’t like to comment on guys I didn’t watch play too much. 

I would also imagine that it would be hard emotionally to watch Marino ball out in your division after passing on him.

I agree that O’Brien is easily the second best NYJ QB to Namath on paper. 

O'Brien isn't close the second best Jets QB, he's lucky if he's top 5.  He's one of the most overrated Jets of all time. He was drafted to a young and talented team that just played in the AFC Championship Game and he never won a single playoff game.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The guy didn't win a playoff game in his entire career yet his backup did after Kenny got benched.  His problem wasn't the draft class, he just wasn't very good outside of 1985 and half of 1986.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Trading down won't either.  Neither option will "turn this around" right away.

At least in the former situation, we'd have a QB (probably).  Gotta start somewhere, and QB is a great place to begin.

Sure that worked out well when we selected Darnold...  Like most of your posts, but you need a foundation before you have your FQB. We've tried it a bunch of times and it hasn't worked. If we lose out of the 1st pick, the best plan B is to trade out and obtain more picks... PERIOD lol...

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Sure that worked out well when we selected Darnold...  Like most of your posts, but you need a foundation before you have your FQB. We've tried it a bunch of times and it hasn't worked. If we lose out of the 1st pick, the best plan B is to trade out and obtain more picks... PERIOD lol...

No, you need a real QB.  Darnold wasn't it.  This year's class might provide one.  The Cardinals sucked before Kyler Murray, after all.  Whiffing on Rosen and having a bad roster didn't stop them.

We have plenty of picks and cap dollars to build around the QB. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you need a real QB.  Darnold wasn't it.  This year's class might provide one.  The Cardinals sucked before Kyler Murray, after all.  Whiffing on Rosen and having a bad roster didn't stop them.

Why would you pick Fields who probably isn't in TL class, when you can trade down and get more picks, plus possibly either Mac Jones or Trask from FL. Just makes more sense to me, but what do I know, I'm sitting at home, not employed by an NFL team.

The Cardinals sucked before they got their new coach and deandre hopkins there is more to the picture you are trying to paint

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The Cardinals sucked before they got their new coach and deandre hopkins there is more to the picture you are trying to paint

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Murray had an excellent rookie season prior to Hopkins' arrival.

And the # 1 pick will attract a HC on the level of (or better) than Kingsbury.  They go hand-in-hand.