Denzel Mims

Jetsfan80

On 10/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, FidelioJet said:

I didn't say he wasn't solid.  I don't think he was bad - but he didn't show anything special - certainly not enough to call him a "hit"

I thought he did a fine job today, especially under the circumstance - and he may very well become our #1 or #2 receiver...but we saw nothing special today.  It's not to say he won't be, but the OP was off in initial assessment - and way too early. 

I hear ya. I happen to like the kid and it was jsut great to see him. 

Ya like that blocking on the perine TD?  That's something the Jets have been missing down field for a while now. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:28 AM, Dcat said:

did u see peoples-jones scored the winning TD yesterday?  Worth a replay if you missed it.  Nice play by that kid.

You know I did.  I had guys on the live stream making sure I knew about it. lol 

That was one guy I was really high on and an absolute steal in the 7th.  But we got Quincy WIlson in the 6th. That's almost as good right Dcat? :( 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Perrine had 3.5 yards a carry and got outplayed by gore. You could get  3.5 off any RB off the scrap heap. So far he looks like a total whiff of a pick.

Perriman and mims combined had less yards than robbie Anderson today. 

Bechton continues to look good.

Pretty much a meaningless way to judge all of these players

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2020 at 2:40 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like a hit to me. Nice work, Joe Douglas.

Our next QB will like having him around.

My wife has such a poor sense of direction, if I’m lost I ask her where to go and do the opposite. 

who do you think the jets should draft next year?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Nah, just trying to show that believing your opinion on a player isnt a good idea. 

Want me to go through your post history and find all the players you were wrong about?  I’ve got some time today.  

You don’t have to believe my opinion to see that Zach Wilson is terrible.  It’s self-evident.  But if this thread, which came off a solid game from Mims (who has more good games under his belt than Wilson thus far) makes you feel better who am I to rain on your parade?

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Want me to go through your post history and find all the players you were wrong about?  I’ve got some time today.  

You don’t have to believe my opinion to see that Zach Wilson is terrible.  It’s self-evident.  But if this thread, which came off a solid game from Mims (who has more good games under his belt than Wilson thus far) makes you feel better who am I to rain on your parade?

Just because you say "its self evident" doesnt make it so Picard. 

And I can save you the time, first 3 rounds the last 5 years...

Hated: 

Adams, Q Williams, Becton, Mims, Polite, Edoga

Supported:

Darnold, Wilson, AVT, Moore, Maye,

Indifferent:

Clark, Davis, Zuniga, Shepherd, Stewart. 

In every case though I was willing to give the player a reasonable amount of time to prove themselves and mostly give credit when it's actually due. 

I'm not however going to toss a player aside after 9 games or so even if I want to be right about them, which is what most of the anti-Wilson people would like to do. 

I couldnt stand the Becton or Mims picks, but I wasnt going to cut or move on from them 3/4 of the way through their first seasons. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Just because you say "its self evident" doesnt make it so Picard. 

You’re right.  It’s self evident because every available metric and the video evidence demonstrates it.  Not because I say it.  It doesn’t require some convincing argument. It just….is.