Jump to content
carlito1171

Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

Recommended Posts

I still think he’d be a good QB on a solid roster but he needs a new start. And so do the Jets. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I gave him a fair chance....for 3 years I’ve tried to see the good and hope he could cut down on the bad....

No matter how many great throws he makes at times...it’s like he automatically has to have 2-3 brain farts a game...

The stans will come in here at talk about the hand he was dealt here...some of it is warranted...but is Adam Gase responsible for him throwing off his back foot into double coverage?....is Adam Gase telling him to take 15 yard sacks?....Is it Adam Gase’s fault that he still has ball security issues?...lemme guess? Adam Gase is responsible for him continually missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS

1st I thought Lawrence was the only QB we take and if we didn’t get the 1st pick we should trade down or take a player that can help us elsewhere. Well guess what...everything should be wide open now. Fields and Lance should get a good look as well. That high 1st should be spent on a QB  

No, but its Adam Gase's fault the team is 0-6

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTJet said:

No, but its Adam Gase's fault the team is 0-6

Sure but we have 1,000 other threads to direct our venom for that fraud...

Its Sammy boy’s turn in this thread

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FidelioJet said:

The problem is - he was better his rookie year.  He has regressed under Gase.  That certainly doesn't excuse Sam but Gase, absolutely, has to take a good share of the blame.

I agree...looked like he was turning the corner at the end of the season under Bowles and Bates....

However....as much as Adam Gase is a fraud...at the end of the day Sam is under center every play not him 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I gave him a fair chance....for 3 years I’ve tried to see the good and hope he could cut down on the bad....

No matter how many great throws he makes at times...it’s like he automatically has to have 2-3 brain farts a game...

The stans will come in here at talk about the hand he was dealt here...some of it is warranted...but is Adam Gase responsible for him throwing off his back foot into double coverage?....is Adam Gase telling him to take 15 yard sacks?....Is it Adam Gase’s fault that he still has ball security issues?...lemme guess? Adam Gase is responsible for him continually missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS

1st I thought Lawrence was the only QB we take and if we didn’t get the 1st pick we should trade down or take a player that can help us elsewhere. Well guess what...everything should be wide open now. Fields and Lance should get a good look as well. That high 1st should be spent on a QB  

His brain seems really gassy. He should stop eating so many beans. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Sure but we have 1,000 other threads to direct our venom for that fraud...

Its Sammy boy’s turn in this thread

And we dont have another 1,000 trashing Darnold? 

...have you ever been on this forum before? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's at least see if he can bring us back here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I agree...looked like he was turning the corner at the end of the season under Bowles and Bates....

However....as much as Adam Gase is a fraud...at the end of the day Sam is under center every play not him 

That’s not true. He had 2 good games against the two worst pass defenses in the league. He sucked against the Pats that year in the final game. 

The guy can’t figure out the blitz, it’s insane how bad he is when the team shows they’re bringing an extra man.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Sam is a stubborn dumbass that won't learn.

Learn.....from who?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait until the Jets ruin another QB. This organization is a waste of time.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just can’t pull the trigger, either he doesn’t trust what he is seeing or he is too afraid of making a mistake.   Those are very tough to overcome.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I gave him a fair chance....for 3 years I’ve tried to see the good and hope he could cut down on the bad....

No matter how many great throws he makes at times...it’s like he automatically has to have 2-3 brain farts a game...

The stans will come in here at talk about the hand he was dealt here...some of it is warranted...but is Adam Gase responsible for him throwing off his back foot into double coverage?....is Adam Gase telling him to take 15 yard sacks?....Is it Adam Gase’s fault that he still has ball security issues?...lemme guess? Adam Gase is responsible for him continually missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS

1st I thought Lawrence was the only QB we take and if we didn’t get the 1st pick we should trade down or take a player that can help us elsewhere. Well guess what...everything should be wide open now. Fields and Lance should get a good look as well. That high 1st should be spent on a QB  

Lawrence, yes, absolutely. Fields, maybe, I’ll leave that to QB evaluation experts. Lance....not so sure. Feels like we’d be forcing a pick just to take a QB for taking a QB’s sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has two bad habits that seem like they are probably going to stick :

1) He holds the ball too long (takes too long to get through his progressions)

2) He forces the ball into traffic way too often - Lots of silly interceptions
 

Maybe he can develop into a good QB in a better situation, maybe he can’t. But I’m pretty sure he is done here 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawrence? Absolutely 
Fields? Maybe so
Lance? I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.


Well it’s a good think that we’re a virtual lock for a top 2 pick!
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I held on to hope until today, but  after that, it is over for Sam here. Sucks to admit it, but he doesn't have it I am afraid. 

I can't be bothered watching Lawrence, Fields or whoever. Seems pointless when we have shown no competency to develop a QB. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam definitely has his flaws.  The hope is that he can improve with age.  If we get the #1 pick, though, it won't be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam will end up being a solid starter in their league on the right roster. He isn’t going anywhere. No not the next John elway but will end up being a solid starter somewhere 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He just can’t pull the trigger, either he doesn’t trust what he is seeing or he is too afraid of making a mistake.   Those are very tough to overcome.  

Or theres nothing to see. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...