Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Most likely 

No one has been a bigger Darnold fan than me in the past, but he’s toast. At least here he is.

Time to move on

If you can get a 2nd from Dallas, then trade him today, start Morgan or White the rest of the way and fully embrace the tank.

I still think we are better off holding onto him until the offseason, just in case something crazy happens.

But agreed. 

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The problem is - he was better his rookie year.  He has regressed under Gase.  That certainly doesn't excuse Sam but Gase, absolutely, has to take a good share of the blame.

Sam has regressed under Jordan Palmer.  Even though we're entering Week 8, Sam still has spent more time under Jordan Palmer's tutelage than he has Adam Gase this year.  Sam lived at Jordan's place for months, concentrating only on football, living eating breathing football.  And it did no good.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I dont see it. Even solid starters can read a bliitz and throw it hot once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Increasingly I feel this way too.

The thing about Darnold is that he doesn't really have the makeup of a game manager -- he's not smart and efficient. Even at his best he'll making jaw dropping throws against his body or scramble around and throw to a spot... On a better team he'd have better numbers but might actually be more of a liability because good teams can't afford bone headed mistakes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Not that he is great, but Flacco looked just as bad and with a lot more experience. The offense is broken, iron man couldn't succeed here. Maybe Sam is flawed, maybe ruined, maybe salvageable, but until Gase is gone it won't matter. A decent OL wouldn't hurt either and some stability at WR.

Edited by bostonmajet
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He just can’t pull the trigger, either he doesn’t trust what he is seeing or he is too afraid of making a mistake.   Those are very tough to overcome.  

It's because he has all of the physical talent but he's lacking between the ears. We're three years in and he still can't read a blitz and hit the hot route. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gase is a clown,  and anyone that doesn't recognize that manifest truth is an imbecile.

The players and coaches don't agree with you.  They played harder today than they have all year.  It's no secret that the players could have gotten Gase fired today if they wanted to.  They showed up and played hard instead.

This particular team is not good but the Jets organization took great strides today and I'm proud of them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Not that he is great, but Flacco looked just as bad and with a lot more experience. The offense is broken, iron man couldn't succeed here. Maybe Sam is flawed, maybe ruined, maybe salvageable, but until Gase is gone it won't matter. A decent OL wouldn't hurt either and some stability at WR.

Agreed.   This offense is so poorly constructed.  The slot receiver is the focal point in the offense, Gase can’t scheme his outside receivers open to save his life.  Mims has 4 catches early on, the Bills adjust and nothing the rest of the day.  Gase is beyond done around here.   

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sam has regressed under Adam Gase.  Even though we're entering Week 8, Sam still spent more time under Jordan Palmer's tutelage than he has Adam Gase this year. Thats inexcusable and pathetic for a guy that was tasked with and paid to "develop" Sam Darnold as the primary focus of his employment. Sam has been stuck in an incoherent, antiquated offense, stuck with a HC/OC who is unable to communicate with his players, or look people in the eye, and comes off like a coked up, sociopathic fraud.

SAR I

Fixed that for YOU, you insipid, pathetic troll. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He has two bad habits that seem like they are probably going to stick :

1) He holds the ball too long (takes too long to get through his professions)

2) He forces the ball into traffic way too often - Lots of silly interceptions

Maybe he can develop into a good QB in a better situation, maybe he can’t. But I’m pretty sure he is done here 

I’ll add

3) Throws ducks off his back foot when getting pressure up the middle.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Listen Gase sux, but he needs to learn to get rid of the ball faster when he can easily see a blitz is coming. He's done.

Sometimes it's the player.  Time to call it.  Sam is done.  Maccagnan's most important pick is a bust.  Makes sense.

SAR I

I feel for Sam, the human being.

One year under Todd Bowles with minimal talent.

Then two nightmare years under Gase, the worst offensive coach in the NFL, with rampant injuries (Gase Curse (tm)) and Gase himself calling plays.

I don't know, I doubted Darnold from long before we drafted him.....but honestly, I'm not sure any QB could look good with Gase, much less Bowles.  Especially with this 3-year talent pool.

Don't get me wrong, Sam Darnold is exactly what I told you folks he was, he's Patrick Ramsey reborn.  So many of the same habits, it's just sad, especially the happy feet in the pocket and penchant for interceptions.

Guess everyone is in on losing every game now for the new must-have Savior.  Glad I did other stuff today, first time in a long long time I chose to miss a game, and honestly, I feel nothing. 

Guess that says alot.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I DO stand corrected. 

Thank you sir, class move.  While Gase is far from perfect, the problem with this team lies in a decade of bad drafts by Idzik and Maccagnan and it's going to take Douglas and Gase years to build the roster back up.

The good news?  We have 28 players on 1-year contracts and 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next 2 drafts.  We can rebuild around Lawrence rather quickly.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Wtf. 

I didnt even say this. You need re-edit that post sir. 

I dont want my name tied to such swill. 

Thank you sir, class move.  While Gase is far from perfect, the problem with this team lies in a decade of bad drafts by Idzik and Maccagnan and it's going to take Douglas and Gase years to build the roster back up.
The good news?  We have 28 players on 1-year contracts and 9 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next 2 drafts.  We can rebuild around Lawrence rather quickly.
SAR I

I agree. Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I feel for Sam.

One year under Todd Bowles with minimal talent.

Two nightmare years under Gase, with rampant injuries (Gase Curse (tm)) and Gase himself calling plays.

I don't know, I doubted Darnold from long before we drafted him.....but honestly, I'm not sure any QB could look good with Gase, much less Bowles.

Don't get me wrong, Sam Darnold is exactly what I told you folks he was, he's Patrick Ramsey.  So many of the same habits, it's just sad.

Guess everyone is in on losing every game now for the new must-have Savior.  Glad I did other stuff today, first time in a long long time I chose to miss a game, and honestly, I feel nothing. 

Guess that says alot.

Sam will have a chance to redeem his career with a real nfl franchise.   No need to cry for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Its going to be an AVALANCHE of comp picks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

I'll admit it, I was wrong.  Darnold is a POS.  He is Sanchez 2.0.  Gaze still sucks, but Darnold is a sh#$show.  I'm ready to move on.

#nomoreuscqbs

Darnold isnt Sanchez. 

A more apt description would be he is BEING Sanchezed by the Jets. 

• Thumb Down 1