Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Burrows would look awful here..  the interior of Joe D's fabulous line makeover has been pretty down right shtty.

I don't think there's really any disputing the fact that Darnold looked like he could be a star in his 1st year and Gase destroyed him.  I also believe he'll bounce back here or somewhere else once he escapes Gases web of suck.

Still think if they don't land the 1st pick they're keeping Sam and continuing to build around him.

Was missing all these “Zac Taylor is the future” posts last year when the Bengals were going 2-14 last year.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Burrows would look awful here..  the interior of Joe D's fabulous line makeover has been pretty down right shtty.

I don't think there's really any disputing the fact that Darnold looked like he could be a star in his 1st year and Gase destroyed him.  I also believe he'll bounce back here or somewhere else once he escapes Gases web of suck.

Still think if they don't land the 1st pick they're keeping Sam and continuing to build around him.

This is correct.

Except Darnold is gone.  JD does not like him as a player.  There is no scenario I can envision where Darnold is on the Jets next year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Was missing all these “Zac Taylor is the future” posts last year when the Bengals were going 2-14 last year.

Who said anything about Zac Tayor?  Far as I know the Bengals still suck.  I'm saying that BurrowS would look like dogsh-t here under the worst coach in the NFL.

And that Darnold will be here if we don't have the chance to get Lawrence.

And that whether it be here or somewhere else, Darnold will have a career resurgence once he's away from Gase.

These will all be shown to be true.

Just like my QW take when you goofballs like SlobR were suggesting taking a 4th rounder for him. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Right..  so when this take is proven to be correct like most of my others we'll just forget I said it.

BobR.

Excuse me, what?  You championed Mike Maccagnan, the a**hole responsible for this mess, for years and you wanna talk about most your takes being correct????

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I’m going to be polite 

watching other young or even rookie QBs make decisions and run the offense Sam simply struggles to process information quickly as Jaws used to say

you can’t fix “fails to process information quickly “ as the saying goes 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not really.  They just have an actual QB.

Do some of you guys really think that any new Qb is going to look good with the talent on this team and more important the coaching?

Darnold is history we know that but the thought that Burrow or Lawrence or anyone would look good with the clown show lack of talent and the joke of offensive coaching is just not valid in my mind.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Excuse me, what?  You championed Mike Maccagnan, the a**hole responsible for this mess, for years and you wanna talk about most your takes being correct????

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Well, to be fair.. Sam has only played since like his Jr year in high school. So all his years totaled, he has only played like the same amount of time as a kid in youth pee wee league. He just needs a few more years to accumulate the same amount of play time as other NFL players. We just need to be patient.

With time shry in the NFL he screwed up with the Mono last year and it caused an impact until now even it appears if nothing else just getting him on a bad roll regardless of the second half 6-2 record last year.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

I’ve been here long enough and argued with you enough times over it to know that is a bold-faced lie.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do some of you guys really think that any new Qb is going to look good with the talent on this team and more important the coaching?

Darnold is history we know that but the thought that Burrow or Lawrence or anyone would look good with the clown show lack of talent and the joke of offensive coaching is just not valid in my mind.

This team is going to look drastically different next year.  Stop making this stupid assumption that this is going to be the same exact team and coaching staff next year, because it isn’t.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Pac said:

Here’s the thing - burrows would look awful here, you’re right.  But that doesn’t mean darnold would look good on cincy.  

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Today was the day that an upset was going to happen (if it was going to happen). There aren't many winnable games.  The Patriots are terrible but is Gase going to beat Belichick? Not likely. 

I don't see how this team gets any better than 1 and 15.  2 and 14 is the absolute high water mark.

So the Darnold discussion is kind of over in my mind. You trade him to the Cowboys for a 2nd round pick. You draft Trevor Lawrence and start a new era with a completely new coaching staff.

I agree, watching Sam play now for 3 years with no noticeable improvement at all tells us all we need to know. Stares down receivers, takes horrific sacks, throws to triple covered receivers while an open one runs free. 
Good kid, I wish him well.

We need an QB that can see the entire field, in spite of a porous Oline. That includes pre snap decisions.

Lets hope JD picks the right guy next year, until then I’m looking forward to seeing Captain Morgan.

Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This team is going to look drastically different next year.  Stop making this stupid assumption that this is going to be the same exact team and coaching staff next year, because it isn’t.

I want with all my heart to believe this is true.  But lately, I'm starting to worry that those two Johnson dopes will keep Gase.  If not, why haven't they canned him already?  After the growing mess of the last two seasons, what more do they need to see?   I really am getting the vibe that Gase will be retained.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Many people are saying

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I want with all my heart to believe this is true.  But lately, I'm starting to worry that those two Johnson dopes will keep Gase.  If not, why haven't they canned him already?  After the growing mess of the last two seasons, what more do they need to see?   I really am getting the vibe that Gase will be retained.

At this point, the only hope is they're keeping him to ensure the tank stays on.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’ve been here long enough and argued with you enough times over it to know that is a bold-faced lie.

I don't recall 1 post where I ever said Macc was a great GM.   Is it possible there's a post from 5 years ago where I said he made a great move?  Sure..  but I legit don't recall every calling him great.

I defended what I thought was unfair criticism, like his drafting of QW, while calling him out for dumb ass moves like resigning Fitz or not having balls to overrule some of the coaches who lobbied hard come draft time for players they wanted.

That morphed into me supposedly thinking he was awesome so I just kinda let people run with it.  who cares. 

Regardless of how or why we got to this place right here and right now, the fact of the matter is that Darnold is not a good QB, and if the Jets are in a position to draft an elite QB prospect next year, they have to pull the trigger.  

I'm one of the biggest Darnold supporters on this board, but as others have said, compared to many of the other young QB's in the league, he's near the bottom of the list.