Jump to content
carlito1171

Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

Recommended Posts

Many of us said goodbye to Samchez long ago. Doesn't matter if you think he could be good in a different situation, he's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Let's go toss in all those Sam Darnold jerseys. 

The perfect Fire Lit Bonfire Animated GIF for your conversation. Discover and Share the best GIFs on Tenor. Foto Gif, Fire Photography, Images Gif, Light My Fire, Tree Leaves, Outdoor Fire, Belle Photo, The Great Outdoors, Mother Nature

So looking forward to the next 5 years debating the Darnoids everytime he has a good performance in a spot start.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He’s already proving that he wouldn’t, but keep spouting this nonsense.

Bengals have way more talent than the Jets do. Not nonsense if it's true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Burrows would look awful here..  the interior of Joe D's fabulous line makeover has been pretty down right shtty.

I don't think there's really any disputing the fact that Darnold looked like he could be a star in his 1st year and Gase destroyed him.  I also believe he'll bounce back here or somewhere else once he escapes Gases web of suck.

Still think if they don't land the 1st pick they're keeping Sam and continuing to build around him.

Was missing all these “Zac Taylor is the future” posts last year when the Bengals were going 2-14 last year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Lawrence? Absolutely 

Fields? Maybe so

Lance? I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Lance and Greg Roman would be very intriguing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Right..  so when this take is proven to be correct like most of my others we'll just forget I said it.

We're still waiting for your first hot take.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Bengals have way more talent than the Jets do. Not nonsense if it's true. 

Not really.  They just have an actual QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Burrows would look awful here..  the interior of Joe D's fabulous line makeover has been pretty down right shtty.

I don't think there's really any disputing the fact that Darnold looked like he could be a star in his 1st year and Gase destroyed him.  I also believe he'll bounce back here or somewhere else once he escapes Gases web of suck.

Still think if they don't land the 1st pick they're keeping Sam and continuing to build around him.

This is correct.

Except Darnold is gone.  JD does not like him as a player.  There is no scenario I can envision where Darnold is on the Jets next year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Was missing all these “Zac Taylor is the future” posts last year when the Bengals were going 2-14 last year.

Who said anything about Zac Tayor?  Far as I know the Bengals still suck.  I'm saying that BurrowS would look like dogsh-t here under the worst coach in the NFL.

And that Darnold will be here if we don't have the chance to get Lawrence.

And that whether it be here or somewhere else, Darnold will have a career resurgence once he's away from Gase.

These will all be shown to be true.

Just like my QW take when you goofballs like SlobR were suggesting taking a 4th rounder for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Right..  so when this take is proven to be correct like most of my others we'll just forget I said it.

BobR.

Excuse me, what?  You championed Mike Maccagnan, the a**hole responsible for this mess, for years and you wanna talk about most your takes being correct????

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to be polite 

watching other young or even rookie QBs make decisions and run the offense Sam simply struggles to process information quickly as Jaws used to say

you can’t fix “fails to process information quickly “ as the saying goes 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I still think he’d be a good QB on a solid roster but he needs a new start. And so do the Jets. 

He screwed himself with Mono last year and it has gone down hill since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not really.  They just have an actual QB.

Do some of you guys really think that any new Qb is going to look good with the talent on this team and more important the coaching?

Darnold is history we know that but the thought that Burrow or Lawrence or anyone would look good with the clown show lack of talent and the joke of offensive coaching is just not valid in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Excuse me, what?  You championed Mike Maccagnan, the a**hole responsible for this mess, for years and you wanna talk about most your takes being correct????

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pointman said:

Well, to be fair.. Sam has only played since like his Jr year in high school. So all his years totaled, he has only played like the same amount of time as a kid in youth pee wee league. He just needs a few more years to accumulate the same amount of play time as other NFL players. We just need to be patient.

With time shry in the NFL he screwed up with the Mono last year and it caused an impact until now even it appears if nothing else just getting him on a bad roll regardless of the second half 6-2 record last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

If anyone is still on the fence about Sam, surely @Pac's take will set you free.

It's not that unique..  other than this board it's pretty much universally believed to be what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

 

I’ve been here long enough and argued with you enough times over it to know that is a bold-faced lie.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do some of you guys really think that any new Qb is going to look good with the talent on this team and more important the coaching?

Darnold is history we know that but the thought that Burrow or Lawrence or anyone would look good with the clown show lack of talent and the joke of offensive coaching is just not valid in my mind.

This team is going to look drastically different next year.  Stop making this stupid assumption that this is going to be the same exact team and coaching staff next year, because it isn’t.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not really.  They just have an actual QB.

An actual QB with actual talent at his disposal. Big difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's not that unique..  other than this board it's pretty much universally believed to be what will happen.

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

An actual QB with actual talent at his disposal. Big difference

They were anemic last year without Burrow.

Try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pac said:

Burrows would look awful here..  the interior of Joe D's fabulous line makeover has been pretty down right shtty.

I don't think there's really any disputing the fact that Darnold looked like he could be a star in his 1st year and Gase destroyed him.  I also believe he'll bounce back here or somewhere else once he escapes Gases web of suck.

Still think if they don't land the 1st pick they're keeping Sam and continuing to build around him.

Here’s the thing - burrows would look awful here, you’re right.  But that doesn’t mean darnold would look good on cincy.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Today was the day that an upset was going to happen (if it was going to happen). There aren't many winnable games.  The Patriots are terrible but is Gase going to beat Belichick? Not likely. 

I don't see how this team gets any better than 1 and 15.  2 and 14 is the absolute high water mark.

So the Darnold discussion is kind of over in my mind. You trade him to the Cowboys for a 2nd round pick. You draft Trevor Lawrence and start a new era with a completely new coaching staff.

I agree, watching Sam play now for 3 years with no noticeable improvement at all tells us all we need to know. Stares down receivers, takes horrific sacks, throws to triple covered receivers while an open one runs free. 
Good kid, I wish him well.

We need an QB that can see the entire field, in spite of a porous Oline. That includes pre snap decisions.

Lets hope JD picks the right guy next year, until then I’m looking forward to seeing Captain Morgan.
 

Go Jets!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This team is going to look drastically different next year.  Stop making this stupid assumption that this is going to be the same exact team and coaching staff next year, because it isn’t.

I want with all my heart to believe this is true.  But lately, I'm starting to worry that those two Johnson dopes will keep Gase.  If not, why haven't they canned him already?  After the growing mess of the last two seasons, what more do they need to see?   I really am getting the vibe that Gase will be retained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

 

Many people are saying

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I want with all my heart to believe this is true.  But lately, I'm starting to worry that those two Johnson dopes will keep Gase.  If not, why haven't they canned him already?  After the growing mess of the last two seasons, what more do they need to see?   I really am getting the vibe that Gase will be retained.

At this point, the only hope is they're keeping him to ensure the tank stays on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

I’ve been here long enough and argued with you enough times over it to know that is a bold-faced lie.

I don't recall 1 post where I ever said Macc was a great GM.   Is it possible there's a post from 5 years ago where I said he made a great move?  Sure..  but I legit don't recall every calling him great.

I defended what I thought was unfair criticism, like his drafting of QW, while calling him out for dumb ass moves like resigning Fitz or not having balls to overrule some of the coaches who lobbied hard come draft time for players they wanted.

That morphed into me supposedly thinking he was awesome so I just kinda let people run with it.  who cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

At this point, the only hope is they're keeping him to ensure the tank stays on.

From your words to God's ears/eyes.  I hope you're right.  But tell me you haven't thought that they might actually keep this clown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of how or why we got to this place right here and right now, the fact of the matter is that Darnold is not a good QB, and if the Jets are in a position to draft an elite QB prospect next year, they have to pull the trigger.  

I'm one of the biggest Darnold supporters on this board, but as others have said, compared to many of the other young QB's in the league, he's near the bottom of the list.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...