Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

Darnold sucked today but....

Our OL is so bad.  We really need that OT Sewell. 

Though we also badly need a guy like JaMarr Chase.

• Upvote 1

I still think Sam can be a good QB for a competent franchise.  We absolutely need another year of "building" before we can even hope to show some competency (though I do think it's possible we can turn this around a lot quicker than people might think - mostly due to the salary cap).

Again, if we pick #1 overall then take Trevor.  If we don't, though, then I'd still be fine with building around Sam. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The result of this play was an incomplete pass.

He did this multiple times today, a couple of which resulted in sacks. 

I think the game isn't slowing down for him because this team is so incredibly inept.  That plus he's probably getting the worst coaching in the NFL.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't agree with this crap. Sam was bad today but nobody knows what the play was, who was his first, second, ot third read, If Mims was even running the correct route. Would it have been nice if Sam got him the ball, yes, of course but it was not why we lost.

Plus Sam was running for his life for a little bit before he even had a chance to find Mims.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero excuse for missing that wide open of a receiver.  Zero.

Mims?  I'll have to watch that play again but the way I saw it, Sam was scrambling for half that play so he didn't even have a chance to look down the field for a while.  It's possible he still should've thrown it earlier than he did but I want to see it again.  

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The tweet is a gif.  It shows that, not only was Darnold not scrambling for half the play, but when he did step up and roll out, he rolled to his left...where Mims was.  That means Sam not only missed him on the intial drop-back, he also missed him while rolling out because he was looking to throw across the field, across his body, on the run, with a guy wide open for a TD, right in front of his face.

The tweet I saw just had circles with numbers on them.  I want to see the actual play.  The NFL isn't a video game.  

5 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This should help...I have NO idea how he missed him. Scrambled and then still proceeds to wait till the worst time to throw  

@Mogglez I think you posted this video in another post as a follow-up to our convo yesterday.  I appreciate you sending it.  You are definitely correct.  Sam screwed that one up.  He delayed and delayed and finally threw the ball when it was already too late.  A very fair criticism there.

image.png

• Post of the Week 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company