Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

Darnold sucked today but....

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No he wasn’t.  The GIF I posted proves that.  He is not the only problem, but he might be the biggest problem.  The guys around him played well enough to win today. There were multiple guys open and Sam missed them or threw an awful pass.  On 2 plays, he managed cost the team 10 points today, in an 8 point loss.  The pick he threw on the two minute drive gave Buffalo 3.  The missed TD is 7.  Even if you don’t give him the easy XP and call it 9, that’s enough to win.  Sam Darnold is the reason this game was an 18-10 loss and not a 17-15 win.  The film will probably show a lot worse of a story.

Agree with you.  As for teh "its only one play" argument.  Well it seems like every game he has a few of those "only one play" moments.  The interception at the end of the half.  Only one play.  Taking a sack on the first play in the two minute drill causing us to use our last TO.  Only one play.  

On the Mims play, he was wide open.  Sam had a clean pocket and didn't pull the trigger.  Instead he escapes the pocket, runs left, where Mims is wide open, he escapres the rush and takes about ten steps before throwing the ball, allowing coverage to recover.  It was an awful play from a guy who is not seeing the field.  And there are plays like this in every game

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This should help...I have NO idea how he missed him. Scrambled and then still proceeds to wait till the worst time to throw  

Thansk for posting.  What makes this play even worse is Berrios.  Go to about 9 seonds into the vid.  Berrios is at the 2 yard line, nobody close to him,  We had two receivers wide open on the play and Sam did not see either, or for some reason did not pull the trigger.  And there are head scratching plays like this every game.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is anyone else like heartbroken that Sam is confirmed to be just...bad? Like, even with all the excuses and the talent, etc, Sam is just a weak-minded mush that we wasted three years and a bunch of high picks on? Yesterday was the first time I watched him play and realized that he’s simply hopeless because his problems are internal and there’s no coming back from a lot of that. 

Yup.  I came to this realization after the Broncos game, a couple of weeks ahead of you.  I really had high hopes for him coming into the season, but he is completely broken right now.  He is a project, needs to be broken down and rebuilt.  At 23 years old, that can still happen, but I don't see it happening here.  Go to a place like Pitt.  Sit for a season or two behind Ben while they coaching staff breaks him of bad habit and in 2 to 3 years, I still think he can be good.  But I don't see it happening here.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company