Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

Darnold sucked today but....

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets look like they can win a game or two this year. Will need Giants, Falcons and Jax to find some wins. 

Still in great shape to get the top pick. 

Still winless and extremely likely to be 0-9 at the bye. Washington won. Sucks that the Falcons blew it but they have a lot more talent than us. Not worried about them.

The only two teams I still worry about are NYG and the Jags, but the Giants will probably win at least another game in that division. 

We are in great shape for the top pick, IMO

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hang in where? As soon as he sets his feet a defender is reaching for him

Good QBs usually make the defense pay for blitzing. Darnold usually doesn’t. The game still seems too fast for him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are watching a different game than I am. Sam isn't making anyone pay but the OL gets pushed around like checkers on a checkerboard

I don’t know how many games of other teams you watch, but I have had Sunday ticket for years, and as the Jets have been dogsh*t over the past decade, I have watched more and more of other teams on Sundays in the last 5 years or so.

Darnold was the worst QB I saw today out of the 4 games that I was watching. He’s just not playing well. Gannon was constantly pointing out that Darnold wasn’t identifying the free rushers and wasn’t getting the ball out on time. This has been a consistent issue for him. He’s not good right now - the sooner you realize that, the better :)  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Once the defense realizes that they can blitz him at will they break his confidence and it all falls apart

Doesnt seem to be able to get the ball out quick or see where the pressure is going to come from

Bingo.

Btw, this the mark of a bad QB. One fundamental school of thought on defense is to blitz bad QBs and play coverage against good QBs, because good QBs consistently punish you for blitzing and bad ones panic and make mistakes. 

I think we know what the Bills think of Darnold right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I'm not defending him but we are not going to do well with OL play like this. You are going to see the Lawrence you saw against LSU I'm the championship

Fine, but we have plenty of picks to continue to address the OL and I am sure that Douglas will. 

The point is that Darnold looks like part of the problem, not part of the solution 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We need to move on but only for Lawrence

Tbh, I'm not sure about that. 

I leave it up to Douglas to scout the QBs available, compare them to Darnold, and make his best decision. 

1 hour ago, Icer said:

Would like to see a Darnold was great today thread for once in my life

Yep. 

He hasn't had a great game since . . Oakland last year? 

That's a long time ago for a supposed future franchise QB

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is anyone else like heartbroken that Sam is confirmed to be just...bad? Like, even with all the excuses and the talent, etc, Sam is just a weak-minded mush that we wasted three years and a bunch of high picks on? Yesterday was the first time I watched him play and realized that he’s simply hopeless because his problems are internal and there’s no coming back from a lot of that. 

I'm really bummed about Sam not being good. I really liked him in college and was sure he was going to be good. He was easily my favorite QB in that draft class and I was ecstatic when we drafted him. Huge bummer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company