Sign in to follow this  
More Cowbell

Darnold sucked today but....

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean average QBs make one of those mistakes a game and their team loses because of it. Not all of those and even a few more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The result of this play was an incomplete pass.

He did this multiple times today, a couple of which resulted in sacks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't know what game some people we?'re watching. In the second half the bills changed they're pressure packages and the Jets o-line couldn't handle it. There were Bills all aroun Darnold to the point he had no where even to scramble. No QB can look good in that environment. Perrine whiffed a bunch on blitx pickup. The only solution this year is to maybe throw more on 1st down. Play more smash mouth football. I don't know. Clearly JD. Didn't do nearly enough to fix what has been a real problem for a while here.

When a team switches up their blitz packages, it’s on the QB to adjust and read them.  The Bills kept it simple in the first half, save a couple of plays.  Once they realized that Darnold was struggling to read the blitz, they started blitzing more in the second half.  There were multiple times that I could read the coverage myself from my television, see that a DB or LB were blitzing, currently unaccounted for, scream for a protection change, and I haven’t played a game at QB in almost 10 years.  

Sam is either awful or mentally fried.  Either way, his time here is up.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't agree with this crap. Sam was bad today but nobody knows what the play was, who was his first, second, ot third read, If Mims was even running the correct route. Would it have been nice if Sam got him the ball, yes, of course but it was not why we lost.

You don’t agree with what?  Tangible proof that Mims was wide open?  There is absolutely no excusing this.  I don’t care if it was his 1st, 2nd, or 3rd read.  He’s an NFL QB in his 3rd year.  He should recognize a guy that open right away.

I’m sorry, but what in the world are you doing defending this bullsh*t?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the game isn't slowing down for him because this team is so incredibly inept.  That plus he's probably getting the worst coaching in the NFL.

There is absolutely zero excuse for missing that wide open of a receiver.  Zero.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because it is one play. Everyone screws up reads. 

It’s one play that cost them a TD and it shouldn’t happen to a QB in his third year.  Especially when all we hear is “it’s not his fault”.  No.  It is.  It is absolutely his fault.

Tom Brady doesn’t miss that read.  Aaron Rodgers doesn’t miss that read.  Patrick Mahomes doesn’t miss that read.  Shoot, Joe Burrow doesn’t miss that read.

Stop it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mims?  I'll have to watch that play again but the way I saw it, Sam was scrambling for half that play so he didn't even have a chance to look down the field for a while.  It's possible he still should've thrown it earlier than he did but I want to see it again.  

The tweet is a gif.  It shows that, not only was Darnold not scrambling for half the play, but when he did step up and roll out, he rolled to his left...where Mims was.  That means Sam not only missed him on the intial drop-back, he also missed him while rolling out because he was looking to throw across the field, across his body, on the run, with a guy wide open for a TD, right in front of his face.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

The tweet I saw just had circles with numbers on them.  I want to see the actual play.  The NFL isn't a video game.  

That’s fine.  The film is going to show the exact same thing.

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam was also running for his life on that play. It's not an excuse. People her just think Sam is the problem. The fact is even at full strength, this team sucks. Yeah, Sam is not helping but he is not this only problem

No he wasn’t.  The GIF I posted proves that.  He is not the only problem, but he might be the biggest problem.  The guys around him played well enough to win today. There were multiple guys open and Sam missed them or threw an awful pass.  On 2 plays, he managed to cost the team 10 points, in an 8 point loss.  The pick he threw on the two minute drive gave Buffalo 3.  The missed TD is 7.  Even if you don’t give him the easy XP and call it 9, that’s enough to win.  Those two plays, which were on Sam Darnold, are the reason this game was an 18-10 loss and not a 17-15 win.  The film will probably show a lot worse of a story.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I saw the play. I don't need a GIF to tell me what I saw

Apparently you do, because you obviously aren’t seeing what’s in front of you properly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It was a scramble play. He wasn't out there directing traffic. We have seen him throw TD's on this type of play like theb2 point conversation against the Bills.

Regardless, I am now hoping we can get Lawrence but not for that one play, I think the Jets and Sam need to move on. Sam is never going to excel here, maybe someone else does. 

For the fourth time, it was not a scramble play.  He drops back, Mims is already open, Sam holds the ball for two full seconds, climbs up, rolls to his left, Mims is still open, Sam is looking ACROSS THE FIELD with Mims wide open in front of him, he finally looks where he should be, throws the ball late, DB who came over to cover Mims breaks up the pass.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This should help...I have NO idea how he missed him. Scrambled and then still proceeds to wait till the worst time to throw  

Thank you so much.  As I said yesterday, he likely missed him while rolling out because Sam still hasn’t processed the fact that throwing across the field, across your body, is a horrible idea.  He rolled to his left and looked to his right the whole way.  Absolutely horrendous miss.

@More Cowbell wanna keep telling me that you “don’t believe this crap”, that Sam was running for his life, had no time to go through his progressions, and that you don’t need a GIF to tell you what you saw??

CC: @TuscanyTile2.  Here is this the play, not the GIF.  Like I said, the film is exactly the same as my GIF. Honestly, it paints an even worse picture.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is anyone else like heartbroken that Sam is confirmed to be just...bad? Like, even with all the excuses and the talent, etc, Sam is just a weak-minded mush that we wasted three years and a bunch of high picks on? Yesterday was the first time I watched him play and realized that he’s simply hopeless because his problems are internal and there’s no coming back from a lot of that. 

Sanchez hurt...Sam is a knife twister.  Younger me would be legitimately depressed and angry. Older me is just...f*cking sad, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company