Sign in to follow this  
Lizard King

The Jets need a co-owner.

woody wouldn’t shock me if he came out as the reincarnation of PT Barnum with all he’s done over the last two decades  

just need a Bailey. it works in tandem.

Someone’s gotta actually know how to operate the business. 

The Werblin syndicate was the last successful ownership group to win a super bowl with the ny jets. 

plus it would give woody a chance to partially cash out. At least on double his money. 

do it woody!

In all fairness the Johnsons aren’t the problem people think. There have been some pretty bad owners like the bensons, hunts, frontierre, model, maras, Rooney’s, Snyder, but they all managed to get championships.  The Johnson s have been pretty generous to the players.  Their problem is selecting the wrong coaches and gms.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

In all fairness the Johnsons aren’t the problem people think. There have been some pretty bad owners like the bensons, hunts, frontierre, model, maras, Rooney’s, Snyder, but they all managed to get championships.  The Johnson s have been pretty generous to the players.  Their problem is selecting the wrong coaches and gms.

Stumptown One Job GIF by ABC Network

• Upvote 1

There is a very simple fix but the owners are far too stupid ton see this.

Hire a credible vet president of football ops who hires the gm who hires the coach who hires his own assistants and get the hell out of the way.

• Upvote 3

If he came back to Earth,  and wound up as a co-owner of the Jets, Jesus himself would be frustrated and pissed to the point of violence.  Plus he'd front the cash for a "Fire Woody & Chris" billboard/fly over.

Besides, if you believe that JD might actually be a good GM and he has drafted well, and is getting us a tank (which may or may not include a new QB), then what would a change in ownership do?

I don't think that Gase is here next year. So, what difference does it make if he is fired mid season? Finish the tank and have Gase be the first coach fired on Black Monday. Changing a coach mid-year may only rally the troops enough to win a couple of games. Now that would be a Jetsy thing to do.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

So they throw money at something but don’t know how to do it.  They have FALIED at the one thing they need to do.  

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I think that would make it worse.

They need to promote Joe Douglas to be the head of football operations. One voice setting the vision. If they suck, we know who to blame.

Coach reports to Joe Douglas.

Christopher and Woody can look at flash sales reports on Monday morning showing how many jerseys the team sold the day before.

It’s so obvious and sensible that I’m 100% sure that it won’t happen. This is the most crucial step before hiring a head coach or attracting free agents. They need to see that things are finally going to be different. JD needs to take charge and set himself apart from our horrible ownership and be a leader. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

If he came back to Earth,  and wound up as a co-owner of the Jets, Jesus himself would be frustrated and pissed to the point of violence.  Plus he'd front the cash for a "Fire Woody & Chris" billboard/fly over.

Jesus wouldn’t be able to tolerate the Johnsons stupidity.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

That's the definition of a bad owner.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So they throw money at something but don’t know how to do it.  They have FALIED at the one thing they need to do.  

they have selected coaches and gm's that have come highly regarded by the football establishment.  that very same logic is used by just about every team.  it's hard to say why most of these guys haven't been successful.  the main issue is selecting the wrong gm.  idzik and then mac did some serious damage to this team's talent base.

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

they have selected coaches and gm's that have come highly regarded by the football establishment.  that very same logic is used by just about every team.  it's hard to say why most of these guys haven't been successful.  the main issue is selecting the wrong gm.  idzik and then mac did some serious damage to this team's talent base.

They have no real experience themselves so they get coerced by outsiders.  

I don’t think Tanny was that good.  we had 2 good drafts under Tanny and many BIG misses as well.  

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

They need to promote Joe Douglas to be the head of football operations. One voice setting the vision. If they suck, we know who to blame.

Christopher and Woody can look at flash sales reports on Monday morning showing how many jerseys the team sold the day before.

Probably too early to name Douglas to football operations. His specialty is personnel identification and acquisition strategy. 

Douglas need the help on the operations side. Helping beef up analytics and overall organizational hierarchy and structure. That is a full time gig unto its own, and if done correctly provides value and support to talent acquisition.

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Probably too early to name Douglas to football operations. His specialty is personnel identification and acquisition strategy. 

Douglas need the help on the operations side. Helping beef up analytics and overall organizational hierarchy and structure. That is a full time gig unto its own, and if done correctly provides value and support to talent acquisition.

It's not ideal but the owners won't pay someone else and this takes the job away from woody and Chris 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It's not ideal but the owners won't pay someone else and this takes the job away from woody and Chris 

You have to hope that "egg on the faces" eventually forces their hand. They get a bye this year because fans are not in the stadium to voice their displeasure. They won't have that luxury (hopefully) next year.

Any billionaire has pride. They also hate to look inept in their own private circles.

We have to hope that pressure makes them succumb to reason.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I’m very optimistic about Douglas’s 2020 draft. He should be the head of the football operation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

They have no real experience themselves so they get coerced by outsiders.  

I don’t think Tanny was that good.  we had 2 good drafts under Tanny and many BIG misses as well.  

what nfl owner has any nfl or even football experience?  jerry jones? he probably has more than just about any other owner yet his teams of late haven't been very good.  and he's the gm.  al davis was a coach then gm and owner of the raiders and he couldn't keep the team from faltering.  other than those guys i can't think of any.  the point is the owners have to rely on nfl mainstream advisers. unfortunately they took some bad advice from casserly.  i think most posters to this site knew what a fraud casserly was.

as for tanny, hard to say why he was launched.  maybe he got into a feud with rex.  but he wasn't so hot getting new talent into the team.  maybe bringing in holmes and burress did him in.

No one is interested in buying 49% of an NFL team.

17 hours ago, Lizard King said:

woody wouldn’t shock me if he came out as the reincarnation of PT Barnum with all he’s done over the last two decades  

just need a Bailey. it works in tandem.

Someone’s gotta actually know how to operate the business. 

The Werblin syndicate was the last successful ownership group to win a super bowl with the ny jets. 

plus it would give woody a chance to partially cash out. At least on double his money. 

do it woody!

You clearly just watched the Greatest Showman. 

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

This!! Been saying this for the last five years. Restructure the line of command and remove the owners and current team president from any and all football decisions.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

what nfl owner has any nfl or even football experience?  jerry jones? he probably has more than just about any other owner yet his teams of late haven't been very good.  and he's the gm.  al davis was a coach then gm and owner of the raiders and he couldn't keep the team from faltering.  other than those guys i can't think of any.  the point is the owners have to rely on nfl mainstream advisers. unfortunately they took some bad advice from casserly.  i think most posters to this site knew what a fraud casserly was.

as for tanny, hard to say why he was launched.  maybe he got into a feud with rex.  but he wasn't so hot getting new talent into the team.  maybe bringing in holmes and burress did him in.

I didn't say that.. I said "experience".  He has never held a job.  OK you can compare him to other bad owners, I'll agree but Woody is amongst the worst owners in sports.  As a CPA having worked with Fortune 500 talent and entrepreneur's, I have seen guys that I know would absolutely make a quick impact on an NFL team.  They have learned how to process information, make decisions, cut their losses etc. Woody has experienced so little of this.

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I didn't say that.. I said "experience".  He has never held a job.  OK you can compare him to other bad owners, I'll agree but Woody is amongst the worst owners in sports.  As a CPA having worked with Fortune 500 talent and entrepreneur's, I have seen guys that I know would absolutely make a quick impact on an NFL team.  They have learned how to process information, make decisions, cut their losses etc. Woody has experienced so little of this.

that's a valid point.  i don't much like trust babies like CT's governor.  people don't like kraft much but that guy got to where he is by fighting hard.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

These threads about changing owners or changing how ownership is structured are completely useless. It's literally the one thing that won't change no matter how bad things get or how much we complain.

The Johnson's are owning this team the rest of our lives. Deal with it.

And then they're Willing it and passing it on. Who in their right mind would ever give up a cash cow that earns a gazillion dollars just doing nothing, or more realistically, losing into perpetuity? 

The only hope is that one of the kids won't give a shi t and will just give the reins to and fully relinquish control to someone who will actually do something. Oh, which means we'll all be dead by then. And if the world is still even here. 

"What a party pooper!" That would be OBJ, but whatever, I'll go finish my nice hot cup of shut the fck up, jeto, in the corner all by myself. Later!