jmat321

Greg Williams did good

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So the opposition adjusted to what they saw!  Interesting concept.  Maybe Gase and his crew could give it a try some time.  

How were Rex, Bowles and Gase completely alike?

None ever showed the slightest hint at in-game adjustments.  

What is this you speak of?

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

fire Gase, demote Sam, play Capt. Morgan.

They obviously like Morgan.  They're clearly protecting him.  

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is not a good offensive coordinator (though it's debatable that anyone could be with this roster in this condition). 

However, Gase is a good head coach.  Head coaches motivate, head coaches keep players focused, head coaches keep the locker room from fracturing, head coaches handle the media, head coaches influence personnel decisions, head coaches keep their owners in line.  Gase is very good at this.  He's handling a very delicate situation with aplomb.

SAR I

Head coaches win games, at least 1 a year ideally

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

So the opposition adjusted to what they saw!  Interesting concept.  Maybe Gase and his crew could give it a try some time.  

How were Rex, Bowles and Gase completely alike?

None ever showed the slightest hint at in-game adjustments.  

Agreed, it's been a frustration going back to Parcells.  

When Gase hires his OC next year, I'm sure he'll find someone who is known for smart halftime adjustments.

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I thought that was Gase’s scheme to throw to covered receivers.

Jets receivers are always covered.  It's what happens when you have rookies getting their first start and a bunch of 3's and 4's that wouldn't be starting for any other NFL team.  You can thank Mike Maccagnan for that.  Even Joe Douglas isn't blameless.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Head coaches win games, at least 1 a year ideally

Not when team brass is colluding to lose as many games as necessary to maintain the lead in the draft sweepstakes.  Somewhere around Week 4 they came to this conclusion before entering sell-off mode.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Nope.  10 possessions.  A fumble, a kneel down and 8 FG attempts.  Good for Williams and the D for stiffening in the red zone, but I have a hard time complimenting the D too much when they couldn't even force a punt.

10 possessions and every single one of them ended in Jets territory.

I would love to see the stats on 1st down average yards for Buffalo. It seemed like it was 7 yards! CBs literally letting play after play in front of them with 10 yard cushions. Damndest thing I've ever seen. Between the 20s they went through through like hot butter, they just killed themselves in the Redzone. They had a TD called back too. That 2nd half was probably the worst in our history & that's saying a lot. Say it yourself, 4 total yards in an entire HALF! You'd think a guy could fall forward twice for 5 right. 

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

What is this you speak of?

burn the witch halloween GIF

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

4 yards of offense in the 2nd half should be grounds to fire Gase and Loggains. 

what is wrong with this?:

.16 yard per play in 2nd half

clearly being coached where football is going, brilliant

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

He was covered.  It’s never good to throw to covered receivers.  That’s not where football is going.  

SAR I

4 total yards in the 2nd half

4 hours ago, jmat321 said:

4 total yards in the 2nd half

SOJF's asked for Gase to give up playcalling and he did.  That's what you get for begging for a change.  If Gase calls the plays, perhaps we win this game. 

What we do know is that if Williams' defense protects a 10 point lead, we win this game.

SAR I

• Haha 1