**** THE OFFICIAL RACE TO THE BOTTOM THREAD ****

ZachEY

4 minutes ago, King P said:

I believe the difference is that ESPN only takes into account the teams we've played, and Tankathon factors in all the teams on our schedule, even if we haven't played them yet

Yea. ESPN is real time updated of what has actually happened. And sadly, currently we’re are up .570 to .529.

Throw in the fact we have the hardest schedule in the league the rest of the way and it certainly appears mathematically impossible for us to win SOS tiebreaker. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, I'm new here.

I think the Jets are going to beat the Dolphins this week.  The Jets have been playing better over the past three weeks.  They could have beaten the Bills, and they really should have beaten both the Patriots and the Chargers.  They are on the upswing.  They are going to beat Miami, and they may go on to beat Las Vegas as well.

I'd feel slightly better about this prediction if our back-up QB was starting, but I think we can win these games even with our starter under center.

Jets 19, Dolphins 17.

Tanking, the battle for Trevor.  It's sad.  But if you really think about it, there is no incentive for owners to field a winning team.  An NFL franchise is an ATM of unlimited cash.

Goodell like making up new rules, so how about this one:

If a team does not make the playoffs in 7 years they are put on probation.  If they do not make the playoffs within the next 3 years after the probation period starts then the owner is forced to sell to the highest bidder.  Therefore fans keep their teams, and owners have incentive to field winning franchises.

The pocket book is the ultimate factor.  Pride means nothing to most owners.  Give the fans hope.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, Roger Vick 43 said:

Hi, I'm new here.

I think the Jets are going to beat the Dolphins this week.  The Jets have been playing better over the past three weeks.  They could have beaten the Bills, and they really should have beaten both the Patriots and the Chargers.  They are on the upswing.  They are going to beat Miami, and they may go on to beat Las Vegas as well.

I'd feel slightly better about this prediction if our back-up QB was starting, but I think we can win these games even with our starter under center.

Jets 19, Dolphins 17.

Welcome.  You were incorrect.

• Haha 4

Raiders game feels like the last true hurdle to me.

They're a better team than we are but a wildly inconsistent one and just laid an absolute egg against the Falcons. I could see another east coast sleepwalk, but hopefully they're motivated to stay in the playoff hunt.

Rams and Seahawks on the west coast feel like absolute slam dunk no brainer blowout losses.

Browns aren't as good as their record but they're 8-3 and have been taking care of business against bad teams. They're fighting for their first playoff birth since 2002. I think they'll beat us decisively, will look like yesterday.

And I don't buy the BB conspiracy theories for Week 17. I genuinely do not think he cares who the Jets draft at QB. I don't think he's capable of throwing a game. I think he'll take more pleasure in being the final nail in the 0-16 coffin and humiliating us on the way out.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Raiders game feels like the last true hurdle to me.

They're a better team than we are but a wildly inconsistent one and just laid an absolute egg against the Falcons. I could see another east coast sleepwalk, but hopefully they're motivated to stay in the playoff hunt.

Rams and Seahawks on the west coast feel like absolute slam dunk no brainer blowout losses.

Browns aren't as good as their record but they're 8-3 and have been taking care of business against bad teams. They're fighting for their first playoff birth since 2002. I think they'll beat us decisively, will look like yesterday.

And I don't buy the BB conspiracy theories for Week 17. I genuinely do not think he cares who the Jets draft at QB. I don't think he's capable of throwing a game. I think he'll take more pleasure in being the final nail in the 0-16 coffin and humiliating us on the way out.

I mean, they all worry me, because, Jets.  But, we scored 3 points last game.  We really shouldn't win any of them.

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Ideally, JAX wins one more game so we can go into the NE game rooting for a victory to not only avoid 0-16 but also knock them out of wildcard contention.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

It would be cathartic to actually be able to root for a win, particularly against the Patriots. The Jaguars have been so tantalizingly close to winning some of these games. I think they’ll knock off one of the Bears or Vikings.

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, they all worry me, because, Jets.  But, we scored 3 points last game.  We really shouldn't win any of them.

We shouldn’t win any but I’m a nervous wreck about every game. There is a reason winless seasons are ultra rare. Sh1t happens in football. Injuries, good calls, bad calls, turnovers, weather, etc. 

And if I sit thru the worst Jets season ever and DONT end up with Trevor Lawrence- I will need therapy and happy pills.

I think this might be the most engaged I have been with the Jets in a long time.  Its like a playoff run, but the exact opposite. Rooting for the Jags to win just one more and rooting for the Jets to lose, but still hoping we can beat the Pats and go out on a high note while avoiding history. 

4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I think this might be the most engaged I have been with the Jets in a long time.  Its like a playoff run, but the exact opposite. Rooting for the Jags to win just one more and rooting for the Jets to lose, but still hoping we can beat the Pats and go out on a high note while avoiding history. 

If the Jags can win one more game, I’ll be able to breathe. 

10 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

We shouldn’t win any but I’m a nervous wreck about every game. There is a reason winless seasons are ultra rare. Sh1t happens in football. Injuries, good calls, bad calls, turnovers, weather, etc. 

And if I sit thru the worst Jets season ever and DONT end up with Trevor Lawrence- I will need therapy and happy pills.

I am not nervous at all right now.  I am supremely confident in the ability of this team to suck.  Yesterday was the 3rd time in the last 5 games that we came into the 4th quarter with a chance to win and had less than 5 yards of total offense in the quarter.  26 teams average more than 5 yards per play, but 3 times we have not been able to accumulate that many yards in an entire 4th quarter. 

Even if we manage to do the unthinkable and win 1 game, or even 2 games, we will still pick #2 and have a chance at Justin Fields.  I am not worried at all.  Sit buck, relax and enjoy the historical level of incomeptence that we hopefully will never see again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I'm not even sure I have the heart for this anymore, but...

Both teams lost.  Jets at .34 disadvantage in SOS, as per Tankathon.

Next week: Jets v Raiders and Jags v Vikes.

Go Jags.

The Jags played substantially better (at least on offense) than the Jets did this week.  Probably doesn't matter but maybe they'll pull it out next week.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not nervous at all right now.  I am supremely confident in the ability of this team to suck.  Yesterday was the 3rd time in the last 5 games that we came into the 4th quarter with a chance to win and had less than 5 yards of total offense in the quarter.  26 teams average more than 5 yards per play, but 3 times we have not been able to accumulate that many yards in an entire 4th quarter. 

Even if we manage to do the unthinkable and win 1 game, or even 2 games, we will still pick #2 and have a chance at Justin Fields.  I am not worried at all.  Sit buck, relax and enjoy the historical level of incomeptence that we hopefully will never see again.

I think it's pretty clear that the combination of Gase and Darnold just won't score points.

After two games of competent play from Flacco we once again looked like an offense that simply could not do anything right.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

I'm not sure I even want Lawrence over Fields, but I sure as hell want to be in the driver's seat.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think it's pretty clear that the combination of Gase and Darnold just won't score points.

After two games of competent play from Flacco we once again looked like an offense that simply could not do anything right.

Darnold will suffer another minor injury and sit out, leaving us all, once again, a nervous mess with Flacco under center.

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

Blah blah blah. You were probably one of the people that said today’s game was a gimme. 

I hope we go winless but this won’t be easy at all. 

I never said the Raider game would be a gimme.  The point is we've now snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 3x this season.  We're a team of destiny.  0-16.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Not an excuse at all, but the 2020 Jets must have played one of the highest SOS by the end of the season by any team ever. I mean it will be around .600. That is pretty crazy. The SOS numbers before a season to determine how hard the schedule will be is silly but it is a decent thing to look at by the end of the year. Basically the average team we will play will have almost 10 wins. By the end of the season it is possible that we only would have played a single team the entire season with a losing record, and the most is 3.