**** THE OFFICIAL RACE TO THE BOTTOM THREAD ****

ZachEY

Well it looks like Minshew has been named the starter. Although it might be too late as the damage has already been done.

We should be rooting for Tennessee in Weeks 15 & 16, while rooting for the Colts to got 1-1 in the next 2 weeks. That way indy will go into Week 17 with nothing to play for, and rest their starters

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not an excuse at all, but the 2020 Jets must have played one of the highest SOS by the end of the season by any team ever. I mean it will be around .600. That is pretty crazy. The SOS numbers before a season to determine how hard the schedule will be is silly but it is a decent thing to look at by the end of the year. Basically the average team we will play will have almost 10 wins. By the end of the season it is possible that we only would have played a single team the entire season with a losing record, and the most is 3.

That is actually pretty interesting.  I imagine you saying one of the highest SOS ever is a bit of hyperbole, but I wonder how it actually shakes out.

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Well it looks like Minshew has been named the starter. Although it might be too late as the damage has already been done.

We should be rooting for Tennessee in Weeks 15 & 16, while rooting for the Colts to got 1-1 in the next 2 weeks. That way indy will go into Week 17 with nothing to play for, and rest their starters

Or, you know, just keep losing.

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Of course. Problem is there's a very real possibility the Patriots play Stidham in Week 17 and we win that game 

If they roll out Stidham, we better just punt on 1st downs.  Not that that would be much worse than our current offense, but, you know...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Also root for the Baltimore to lose tonight as well as Week 16 against the Giants

Why do we want Baltimore to lose?  I’m rooting for Baltimore to win tonight so the Browns haven’t clinched a playoff spot by the time they play us in 2 weeks.  We want the Browns to need to win the game to clinch a playoff berth.

3 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Why do we want Baltimore to lose?  I’m rooting for Baltimore to win tonight so the Browns haven’t clinched a playoff spot by the time they play us in 2 weeks.  We want the Browns to need to win the game to clinch a playoff berth.

No, you should want the Browns to win tonight. They play the Steelers in week 17 and because Pittsburgh last night, the division is up for grabs still. That game would decide the division 

4 minutes ago, King P said:

No, you should want the Browns to win tonight. They play the Steelers in week 17 and because Pittsburgh last night, the division is up for grabs still. That game would decide the division 

We play the Browns week 16. Browns win or lose tonight...:regardless teams don’t start resting players in Week 16.

I want Balt to lose bc I want the Pats to have a chance (albeit a small chance) to sneak into the playoffs if everything goes right for them week 17. 

20 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

We play the Browns week 16. Browns win or lose tonight...:regardless teams don’t start resting players in Week 16.

I want Balt to lose bc I want the Pats to have a chance (albeit a small chance) to sneak into the playoffs if everything goes right for them week 17. 

Pats are going to be put out of it by Week 17 regardless. The whole is too deep for them to climb out of.

34 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Why do we want Baltimore to lose?

To answer your question...

We want Baltimore to lose 2 of their next 3 games to ensure Indy has nothing to play for Week 17.

Let's say the scenario between the Titans and Colts play our the way we want it to (Titans win the next 2, and Colts go 1-1). If the Ravens lose tonight but win the next 2 games (Jaguars, Giants), that would put them at 9-6. And the Colts would be 10-5 in that scenario. And since the Baltimore beat Indy, that gaves them the tiebreaker. So the Colts might have to play their guys in the final week in order to hold off the Ravens. So we need the Ravens to lose Week 16 as well as tonight in order to ensure they can't overtake the Colts

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Not an excuse at all, but the 2020 Jets must have played one of the highest SOS by the end of the season by any team ever. I mean it will be around .600. That is pretty crazy. The SOS numbers before a season to determine how hard the schedule will be is silly but it is a decent thing to look at by the end of the year. Basically the average team we will play will have almost 10 wins. By the end of the season it is possible that we only would have played a single team the entire season with a losing record, and the most is 3.

Remember when many of us were saying this would be a really tough schedule, especially when compared to last year's schedule, and a bunch of others said "Nah, you can't evaluate a schedule on paper"?

Fun times.  

On 11/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, Roger Vick 43 said:

Hi, I'm new here.

I think the Jets are going to beat the Dolphins this week.  The Jets have been playing better over the past three weeks.  They could have beaten the Bills, and they really should have beaten both the Patriots and the Chargers.  They are on the upswing.  They are going to beat Miami, and they may go on to beat Las Vegas as well.

I'd feel slightly better about this prediction if our back-up QB was starting, but I think we can win these games even with our starter under center.

Jets 19, Dolphins 17.

New Census and Science Proposals; Double Shot of WTF? | DCReport.org

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, King P said:

Pats are going to be put out of it by Week 17 regardless. The whole is too deep for them to climb out of.

To answer your question...

We want Baltimore to lose 2 of their next 3 games to ensure Indy has nothing to play for Week 17.

Let's say the scenario between the Titans and Colts play our the way we want it to (Titans win the next 2, and Colts go 1-1). If the Ravens lose tonight but win the next 2 games (Jaguars, Giants), that would put them at 9-6. And the Colts would be 10-5 in that scenario. And since the Baltimore beat Indy, that gaves them the tiebreaker. So the Colts might have to play their guys in the final week in order to hold off the Ravens. So we need the Ravens to lose Week 16 as well as tonight in order to ensure they can't overtake the Colts

I appreciate the thoughtful response, but I disagree.  The most likely way we secure the #1 pick is by losing out, not relying on the Jags to win a game.  

Having the Browns lose tonight, and hopefully next week to the Giants too means they will need to win our game to secure a playoff berth.  

16 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

The most likely way we secure the #1 pick is by losing out, not relying on the Jags to win a game.  

Of course. But what I'm saying is that if New England plays Stidham Week 17, the chances of us losing out decreases exponentially. So we may need some extra insurance in that even we don't win out

11 minutes ago, King P said:

Of course. But what I'm saying is that if New England plays Stidham Week 17, the chances of us losing out decreases exponentially. So we may need some extra insurance in that even we don't win out

If the Pats start Stitham and we don’t start James Morgan, we don’t deserve the number 1 pick. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

If the Pats start Stitham and we don’t start James Morgan, we don’t deserve the number 1 pick. 

Gase cannot be HC against the NEP.  He is looking infamy in the face in being one of the only seven coaches in NFL history to go winless.  Since 1944.  That is it.  76 years.  Let's say an average of 30 teams.  Over 200 teams/seasons, and only 6 have been winless.  Gase and the Jets would be 7th.  He is not going to give up.  BB will throw the game.  

Patriots have officially been eliminated from having a chance to win our AFC East and after 20 years of dominance it's a breath of fresh air. 

We aren't beating N.E week 17.

We're one of the worst team of All-time and even if N.E has nothing to play for they'll still beat us. 

Not losing to them by 17+ was a fluke. 

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Patriots have officially been eliminated from having a chance to win our AFC East and after 20 years of dominance it's a breath of fresh air. 

We aren't beating N.E week 17.

We're one of the worst team of All-time and even if N.E has nothing to play for they'll still beat us. 

Not losing to them by 17+ was a fluke. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat a Jason Stidham led Pats teams in Week 17. 

Again if it comes down to that game, James Morgan has to be the starter. I’d consider him to start against the Browns as well. 

4 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat a Jason Stidham led Pats teams in Week 17. 

Again if it comes down to that game, James Morgan has to be the starter. I’d consider him to start against the Browns as well. 

I'd much rather start Sam vs N.E than Morgan. 

Not only is Sam ranked 48th (out of a possible 50) in QB Rating but he's also failed to throw a single TD throughout his previous 5/6 games (David Carr territory) and last time he faced a Belichick led defense he saw ghosts...

Benching Sam week 17 for a hungry Morgan (who could end up playing awesome) would only be asking for a win...

If it ain't broke don't fix it and Sam is a broken QB right now (48th/50 doesn't lie). 

7 hours ago, King P said:

Of course. Problem is there's a very real possibility the Patriots play Stidham in Week 17 and we win that game 

Sam Darnold has scored 3 total points against Beli and the Pats.....Beli owns Sam...and it’s in Foxboro...trust me it won’t be like the last go around with Flacco starting 

Now that the Ravens won our most likely record is 1-15. I played around with the espn playoff simulator and the Browns will not clinch a playoff spot next week even if they beat the Giants so they will play all their guys against us. The only way the Patriots don't let us win is if the Giants beat the Ravens and the Patriots beat the Dolphins and Bills. If this hail mary scenario doesn't happen we are probably picking 2nd.

Perhaps the most stunning part of Sunday’s 40-3 Jets loss to the Seahawks was just how little it stunned anyone.

Losses like this have become expected and accepted for the Jets now. That is the state of this 0-13 team. The Jets can get their doors blown off and look completely uncompetitive and we shrug. It was not that long ago that a loss like Sunday’s would elicit rage among the fan base. They would be calling for the coach to be fired before he could get to the airport. They would be screaming for the backup quarterback.

Now? Ho-hum.

In fact, there is now happiness among the fan base after these losses. The loss moves the Jets one step closer to Trevor Lawrence. And those who are not celebrating the loss are at least numb to it.
The only sound that should scare team CEO Christopher Johnson more than outrage from fans is silence. The Jets have become Rutgers, at least when Greg Schiano is not around. The expectation is for them to lose each week and when they play a quality opponent, the expectation is a butt-kicking. When the Jets are competitive, that is the surprise these days.

All of it has led us to sort of gloss over just how really, really, really bad this team is. We’re talking historically, epically bad. You know the Jets are on their way to becoming the third team ever to go 0-16. The sting of that humiliation should run deep for anyone inside the organization. The fans can take solace in the prospects of having Lawrence on the team.

But dig on just how bad these Jets are, and a case can be made that they are one of the worst teams ever to wear shoulder pads. Their point differential stands at -210 after Sunday’s debacle. Only 38 teams since 1940 have a worse point differential. The Jets have three games to go, so they can pass many of those teams. Their average loss has been by 16.2 points this year. If they stick to that average over the final three, their final point differential would be -258, tied for the fifth worst in the history of the NFL. They will likely move past the 1976 Jets (-214) this week for the worst in franchise history.

The thing about these Jets is they do everything poorly. One person can blame the offense. Another can blame the defense. Everyone would be right.

The Jets have scored just 183 points this season. It is going to be a contest to see if they can fall short of the 220 points the 1992 Jets scored. That is the franchise-low for a team in the 16-game schedule era.

On defense, the Jets have allowed 393 points. The 1996 squad, the former worst Jets team ever, gave up 454 that season. The Jets are allowing 30.2 points per game, so they are on pace to blow that mark away.

The Jets have been a bad team for the last decade. They are 57-100 since the 2011 season. Their postseason drought is at 10 years and counting. But they have not been this bad before. They have never been so bad that no one blinks when they lose like they did in Seattle. Think back to even last year when they lost 33-0 to the Patriots on a Monday night. There was a huge reaction. There have been losses in recent years that have enraged fans. Todd Bowles was finished after his 2018 team lost 41-10 to the Bills. 

The first rumblings to fire Bowles began in 2016 after another 41-10 loss to Andrew Luck and the Colts.

None of those teams were good, but an NFL team should not get blown out and those losses drew the appropriate reaction. The 2020 Jets have lost by 20 points or more five times.

Most fans started dreaming of 2021 months ago. Maybe that is why the reaction to these losses is muted. Adam Gase has been a dead man walking for weeks. Sam Darnold has seemed destined for a new team since before Halloween.

Still, it should be troubling for those running the Jets that this is what this team has become. When they lose by 37 points, it elicits shrugs instead of screams.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/14/this-silence-should-terrify-jets/

We shouldn’t win any but I’m a nervous wreck about every game. There is a reason winless seasons are ultra rare. Sh1t happens in football. Injuries, good calls, bad calls, turnovers, weather, etc. 
And if I sit thru the worst Jets season ever and DONT end up with Trevor Lawrence- I will need therapy and happy pills.
Marijuana will be legal in Jan

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• 3 weeks later...