Cowboys lost Dalton to a concussion today...

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Dak healthy would be 100x better than Sam. 

I'm not so sure he doesn't just end up taking a deal from the Cowboys after this injury, should they offer him one. They're clearly hurting without him, and they're not going to be in play to take one of the top guys in this draft.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not so sure he doesn't just end up taking a deal from the Cowboys after this injury, should they offer him one. They're clearly hurting without him, and they're not going to be in play to take one of the top guys in this draft.

Dallas will do something stupid. 

They can still win the division winning 5 games. 

JD needs to jam Sam Darnold down Jerry Jones throat. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dallas will do something stupid. 

They can still win the division winning 5 games. 

JD needs to jam Sam Darnold down Jerry Jones throat. 

True, if JD can swing a Darnold trade to Dallas, than Dak will certainly be available.

He's no Trevor Lawrence, though, and I have my doubts about status as a franchise QB, but building around him could be interesting.

Still hope it doesn't come to that and Trevor Lawrence is ours.

EDIT: I changed my mind. Dallas trading for Darnold won't automatically preclude them from also extending Dak. It would depend on how well Darnold plays and/or what they give up in the trade.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What are you even talking about?  Dalton slide feet first and got killed as a result for the reasons i stated.  you have way more control of where you are going diving head first.   See the Flacco highlight in this thread, see Trent Green getting killed.

I am talking about the topic at hand. Head first or feet first. Firsthand I have seen quarterbacks nearly die going head first in football. Feet first, especially with today's rules favoring the QB in such instances, is safer.. hence why many coaches are livid when their guys don't go feet first. There are exceptions to everything, and dirty shots on dudes who slide late. 

I don't know.  I do not see any way the Cowboys would part with a premium pick for Darnold.  They are expecting Dak back next year.  Right now, they are not a very good team, even in the NFC East, they are not good.  Cowboys should use their resources to retool for next year, and not chasing fool's gold this year.  And even if they brought Darnold in, how long it it going to take him to learn the playbook.  Can he really step in and be expected to run the offense in a week or two.

If they want to roll the dice with a young QB, just poach Josh Rosen from the Bucs practice squad without giving up the pick.  Or sign Cooper Rush, Dak's back up last year who is a free agent.  Can't see them parting with a top pick this year.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't know.  I do not see any way the Cowboys would part with a premium pick for Darnold.  They are expecting Dak back next year.  Right now, they are not a very good team, even in the NFC East, they are not good.  Cowboys should use their resources to retool for next year, and not chasing fool's gold this year.  And even if they brought Darnold in, how long it it going to take him to learn the playbook.  Can he really step in and be expected to run the offense in a week or two.

If they want to roll the dice with a young QB, just poach Josh Rosen from the Bucs practice squad without giving up the pick.  Or sign Cooper Rush, Dak's back up last year who is a free agent.  Can't see them parting with a top pick this year.

I think the idea is that everyone is (or at least was until recently) high on Darnold and believing he had the tools to be big time. No one thinks Rosen will amount to anything, including his own parents. The Cowboys weren't in love with Dak to begin with and now that he has had a significant injury maybe they are leaning against him long term even more now. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sam is worth a turd in the hand but Jerry "Jesus" Jones might think otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, pointman said:

I think the idea is that everyone is (or at least was until recently) high on Darnold and believing he had the tools to be big time. No one thinks Rosen will amount to anything, including his own parents. The Cowboys weren't in love with Dak to begin with and now that he has had a significant injury maybe they are leaning against him long term even more now. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sam is worth a turd in the hand but Jerry "Jesus" Jones might think otherwise. 

I think it is whishful thinking from Jet fans.

If Dallas is thnkinig about moving on from Dak, then you figure something out in the offseason.  I think what we have seen these last two weeks is how good Dak really is.  Scored 30+ points in 4 of the 5 games he played in, and 13 in the two games since he went out.  He was not the reason they were struggling.  If healthy, Prescott should be their guy.  

I just don't see any reason for them to make the move now.

I tend to think that the NFL has gotten ridiculous with the way they expect players to change the trajectories of a body that is moving at full speed, but holy crap is that hit cheap. It's very clear Dalton is sliding when Bostic is way out. 

Teams should have some sort of recourse when a season gets wrecked to that degree. Draft picks or something. I dunno. But **** that guy for sure. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've said it before i'll say it again, sliding feet first is WAY more dangerous than diving head first.  Your head is in a worse spot, you have a lot less chance to see what is coming your head bounces if it gets hit.  Defenders hitting you tend to slide up towards your head.

Plus your shoulders shield you as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s football 

You are an idiot.  

I hope you aren’t a hypocrite and you say the same thing about all professions.

Since you have a red/blue lined flag, lets put it in terms your tiny brain can identify with...

If a cop gets shot, you better say “It’s law enforcement,” or if a fireman burns to death, you better say “It’s fire protection.”

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

They can still easily win the division. If Dalton is going to be out for longer than a week, I'd be surprised to not see them trade for a QB. Their next game is against the Eagles, I think.

Rumor had it that Mike McCarthy liked Sam Darnold.

Just sayin'.

Did you see Dalton play?  He’s ass

Dallas is unlikely to add any new QB's, at least not this week:

• The Cowboys might start third-stringer Ben DiNucci this week with Andy Dalton currently in the NFL's concussion protocol. They're also unlikely to sign another quarterback, per Rapoport. Dallas has Garrett Gilbert on its roster as well, and with the COVID-19 waiting time to join a team, it might not make sense to add a QB before Sunday's game against the Eagles.
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

@SAR I we need a ruling. Does McCarthy get a pass now?

No.  He's in his 14th season as an NFL head coach.  He is what he is right now.  He's got no learning curve, he's got no personal growth like a guy in his 4th or 5th year would.

Give Adam Gase the kind of offensive weapons Mike McCarthy was given, he'd be 5-2 in Dallas right now.

SAR I

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think you give him one more shot if you can't land T+Law or Fields.

Unless you just want to go ahead and sink or swim with Captain Morgan in 2021

Not a fan of Lance? 

21 hours ago, pointman said:

No way. Head first puts your head right in line with being decapitated like Dalton. Feet first gives you a chance, especially if you're a quarterback. Doubly so if you're like Dalton and wait til the absolutely last second to go down and have your head out there to take the brunt of the blow. I've rarely seen a player get their head turned into toast going feet first. I have seen many get years taken off their life going head first. 

I always feel more comfortable head first, but  I was always more afraid of hurting my legs.  I am also mostly Calabrese.

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not a fan of Lance? 

Tbh, I don't know much about him, but when I hear talk about the best QBs in the draft it's mostly only Lawrence and Fields that get mentioned. And I'm not an avid college football watcher.

Doing a quick look at him, I noticed he will only have 2 full seasons of game time, too. Eh.