Jump to content

Did Gase take over play calling in 2nd half?


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is flat out painful to watch the jets offense at all this year.  I don't know if i can hack 9 more games of this shlock and the clowns running it.

I was actually excited in first half, and then the OL and Sam just completely broke down.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I was actually excited in first half, and then the OL and Sam just completely broke down.

It's almost like Gase's zone blocking sh*t is tough for offensive lineman on blitzes when they're poorly coached and suited to playing it, but hell if it doesn't let Frank Gore get 2 yards every time he touches the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's almost like Gase's zone blocking sh*t is tough for offensive lineman on blitzes when they're poorly coached and suited to playing it, but hell if it doesn't let Frank Gore get 2 yards every time he touches the ball. 

I don't know. It is either on Sam or the center. It's really not that hard to identify the 5th rusher in most situations and call the right protection. Of course that can be used as a decoy as Arizona did well late in the game tonight, but for the most part Sam should be able to see the "force" of the D and set at least an adequate protection. That said, the Jets OL does not act like they missed a protection call rather just that they got beat so maybe the protection schemes are so limited that it relies on zone adjustments for the OL but that is super basic for an NFL team. Why isn't our OL coach on the hot seat too?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We accumulated 4 yards of offense in the second half. That's got to be a record.

You have seen Gase right? His whole game plan is built on depending on strengths we do not possess and refuses to make any adjjstmet to what the bills do on def. It was terrible to watch but once again out coached

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m convinced that Gase called the first half 4th and 1 in the Red zone play —- a run up the middle out of the shotgun. Yeah, lets use a formation that give the buffalo D MORE time to penetrate up the middle against the weakest part of our O line before the ball carrier even reaches the LOS.

They keep running that same play on 4 -1. It makes absolutely no sense. Run 7 yards to gain 1? That's the third time this season they ran that play on 4-1. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness.....Loggains did a good job of breaking Gase's playcalling tendencies....it caught the Bills off guard. 

You saw a lot of playaction rollouts, misdirection, more pre-snap motion, and Darnold was using his cadence to get the Bills D to show their hand. You saw more runs to the outside, instead of just HB dives up the gut. 

 

At the end of the day, no matter who is the playcaller it's still Gase's lame ass scheme. The Bills adjusted to what Loggains was calling. They started sending the house at Sam because they saw they can repeatedly be successful with it....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

In all seriousness.....Loggains did a good job of breaking Gase's playcalling tendencies....it caught the Bills off guard. 

You saw a lot of playaction rollouts, misdirection, more pre-snap motion, and Darnold was using his cadence to get the Bills D to show their hand. You saw more runs to the outside, instead of just HB dives up the gut. 

 

At the end of the day, no matter who is the playcaller it's still Gase's lame ass scheme. The Bills adjusted to what Loggains was calling. They started sending the house at Sam because they saw they can repeatedly be successful with it....

It's a meme at this point ... "gotta watch the film" is what Gase says all the time. I think it's actually very telling though. He hasn't learned to adjust on the fly to what the other team is doing. I don't think he can process what's happening in real time. He can go look at the film and eventually break it down and do something with it but once the opponent makes some real time adjustments he's shooting in the dark and clueless.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is so bad he makes Bowles and his assistants look good.  Not even a joke that’s legit true

Being a Jets fans mean always pining for the guy we just rioted to have fired once we see the new level of horrible of his replacement.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jgb said:

Being a Jets fans mean always pining for the guy we just rioted to have fired once we see the new level of horrible of his replacement.

I’m actually nostalgic for Bowles drooling on himself on the sidelines during games

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...