Sign in to follow this  
DarnoldHomer

Did Gase take over play calling in 2nd half?

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is flat out painful to watch the jets offense at all this year.  I don't know if i can hack 9 more games of this shlock and the clowns running it.

I was actually excited in first half, and then the OL and Sam just completely broke down.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's almost like Gase's zone blocking sh*t is tough for offensive lineman on blitzes when they're poorly coached and suited to playing it, but hell if it doesn't let Frank Gore get 2 yards every time he touches the ball. 

I don't know. It is either on Sam or the center. It's really not that hard to identify the 5th rusher in most situations and call the right protection. Of course that can be used as a decoy as Arizona did well late in the game tonight, but for the most part Sam should be able to see the "force" of the D and set at least an adequate protection. That said, the Jets OL does not act like they missed a protection call rather just that they got beat so maybe the protection schemes are so limited that it relies on zone adjustments for the OL but that is super basic for an NFL team. Why isn't our OL coach on the hot seat too?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company