Deion Sanders joins the Trevor Lawrence refusing to play for the Jets bandwagon

Jetsbb

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The people on that bandwagon, are they willing to pay Trevor Lawrence the amount he'd lose if he went back to college? Easy for them to say he should refuse to play when they have no financial stake in it. 

Why are you presuming T.L. has no leverage.  

He can come out, and still not end up here, if he really doesn't want to play here.

• Upvote 1

Dion is just another loud mouth POS  from NFL.com. like Michael Irvin. If TL has any sense he'd do just the exact opposite of what ever Dion suggests.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

He's going full University of Elway and E. Manning, but he isn't staying in college and risking pissing away a bazillion dollars. 

This is the most likely scenario. He risks injury and potential financial ruin if he returns to Clemson for yet another year and gets hurt. Not much more for him to prove at the college level. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trevor Lawrence will be a New York Jet. I don’t care what media outlets say in late October. This will be a thing of the past in April.

I think thinking like this is foolish. A player of his ilk could.... could being the key word, could conceivably pull an Eli given how bad we are as an ORGANIZATION... don’t underestimate what agents and parents will do. 

if Joe is smart, he should have a game plan to change the spotlight perception of his team if he wants TL. 

we are that bad. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think thinking like this is foolish. A player of his ilk could.... could being the key word, could conceivably pull an Eli given how bad we are as an ORGANIZATION... don’t underestimate what agents and parents will do. 

if Joe is smart, he should have a game plan to change the spotlight perception of his team if he wants TL. 

we are that bad. 

Thankfully FA comes first so maybe we can buy some real pieces and flip the narrative upside down. When Trevor sounds iffy on questions about NYJ (because if we have the first pick, those kinds of question are coming full speed during combine season) then I’ll worry. 

until then I try not to put too much stock in what talking heads say in October. We’ll see when we get there. These things are very rare no matter the prospect or team picking. I just don’t see it. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Predicted what? That a bunch of mouth breathers trying to get attention would spew nonsense that gullible fans fall for?

Very mature. Classic ad hominem. The crescendo is building. He will probably still come here if drafted but holy Hell if you ain’t legit worried as a Jet fan I want what you’re drinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thankfully FA comes first so maybe we can buy some real pieces and flip the narrative upside down. When Trevor sounds iffy on questions about NYJ (because if we have the first pick, those kinds of question are coming full speed during combine season) then I’ll worry. 

until then I try not to put too much stock in what talking heads say in October. We’ll see when we get there. These things are very rare no matter the prospect or team picking. I just don’t see it. 

I get it, but just because it’s October don’t be naïve. We’ve been historically bad, and it’s not just because of a few injuries. Ownership and management has been a complete circus. It’s not going to be a given that people wont take a guarded approach to managing their careers. It’s the media now, but it’ll be agents later. This isn’t normal/annual stuff, this speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been. 

they need to start doing something about it now. As others in the industry have said, deals get done at the combine including who plans to take who. Waiting that late maybe too late

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get it, but just because it’s October don’t be naïve. We’ve been historically bad, and it’s not just because of a few injuries. Ownership and management has been a complete circus. It’s not going to be a given that people will take a guarded approach to managing their careers. It’s the media now, but it’ll be agents later. This isn’t normal/annual stuff, this speaks volumes about how bad we’ve been. 

they need to start doing something about it now. As others in the industry have said, deals get done at the combine including who plans to take who. Waiting that late maybe too late

No FAs are coming here unless 1. They are looking for one last money grab before retiring: 2. They have no other options; 3. They are total money pigs—of which there are few in NFL. Jets will destroy your next contract value. Robbie looks like best WR in the NFL and he got a prove it deal from his former college coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Personal attacks on Deion classic case of being afraid of the substance of his argument.

Jets fans wouldn’t just kill the messenger of bad news. They’d stone his horse to death, also.

Nothing said about him was wrong.  Deion took the lazy and easy way out his entire career and he, seemingly, has kept that same energy after all these years. 

With hot takes like these, it’s no surprise that the NFL Network dumped his ass, forcing him to work at Barstool Sports for 2 cases of beer a week.

Trevor doesn’t strike me as someone afraid of adversity or turning a franchise around.  Quite frankly, if that IS the case, and he is that afraid of going to a bad team?  Just turn around and take Justin Fields.  If Fields continues to play like he did on Saturday, the discussion of who is the better QB prospect will be far louder, and I was firmly on the “Trevor Lawrence or no one else” bandwagon a couple of weeks ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

The coach hire will be as important or more than the FA and also we need more positive results from our draft class.