Cardinals offseason vs. Jets offseason speaks volumes

16 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

AZ was 5-10-1 in 2019.  Jets were 7-9.  Both with young franchise QBs.

AZ went out and got their QB Deandre Hopkins, the best WR in football.

NYJ let their best receiver Robby Anderson walk, and replaced him with a below average starter in Breshad Perriman, making life tougher for their franchise QB.

AZ is 5-2.  Jets are 0-6.

We reap what we sow.  Joe Douglas should not be absolved.

Also, this Arizona team (at least the last two weeks I've watched them) execute with consistency and are in peak physical shape. Kingsbury has won't won anything yet, but I like what I see from them.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Excuses, excuses.

Darnold is a below average passer of the football. Willfully ignoring this or explaining it away due to lack of offensive weapons doesn't make it any less true.

That can be true.  It still doesn't invalidate the argument that Joe Douglas committed malpractice at the receiver position.

I'm becoming a big fan of the Cards. I preferred Kliff over Gase. Fitz is my favorite NFL player of all time. Northern AZ is where I want to retire to. I live 5 minutes from Allen HS and saw Murray play a few times. I have coached many great soccer players from Allen. I also have a place in my heart because Allen, TX was the only city that allowed me to continue to coach outside during these stupid lockdowns. The city of Allen basically saved me from a world of hurt financially. So with all that said, I'm on the Cardinals bandwagon.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In the 4 years before they went and got Murray they drafted 7 olineman and two more in the year they drafted murray.

Drafted Linemen, it will never work! Everyone knows you draft Run stuffing Defensive tackles, because it worked the previous four times ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

NYJ let their best receiver Robby Anderson walk, and replaced him with a below average starter in Breshad Perriman, making life tougher for their franchise QB.

Yeah I'm sure coaching has nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

The Cardinals drafted Rosen and put one of the worst coaching staffs in football around him.  They unloaded both the coaching staff and the QB and started over.

We are in position to unload the QB and the entire coaching staff.  We have lots of draft capital and tons of money.  JD is following the same script.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Arizona also fired Steve Wilkes after ONE season.   They weren't gonna screw around.   We hang on to stink like shlt.

sorry, @Biggs  didn't realize you said basically the same thing.  WE SUCK!  :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

That can be true.  It still doesn't invalidate the argument that Joe Douglas committed malpractice at the receiver position.

Well, it kinda does if Douglas recognized Darnold wasn’t the guy and haD a better plan than Robby for our next QB. 
Now, that may very well not be the case and it could be Douglas is in over his head.   I think we’ll learn a lot this off-season. 

I gave Macc way too many chances to right the ship. I'm not soured on JD but I am already questioning his plan. The coming off-season is likely going to help me decide if JD is a football genius or the bastard child of a drunken rendezvous between Idzik and Macc. With an early number 1, likely the first pick in the draft, and a late number 1, likely in the 29-32 range, the Jets have positioned themselves to add a true franchise QB and another blue chip piece of the puzzle. With three day two picks, the opportunity is there to fill gaping holes at WR and CB. 

I have hopped off the JD can do no wrong train, but I am not ready to chop up the train and send it to the scrap yard just yet. If JD can convince Chris and Woody that he knows more football than them, we have a glimmer of hope. If the Johnson's select the next head coach, we have to hope that they accidentally hire the right coach. Maybe Otto Graham calls Chris and Woody in their dreams and recommends a hotshot college coach who is coaching to where football is going. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Imagine believing both of these teams are in similar positions at QB.

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I think we should have kept Anderson, but Douglas is doing it the right way. His first draft shows great promise. Becton looks like a beast; Mims debut was promising with 4 catches for 43 yards and in a competent offense could become a weapon . Perine looks like he also will be a solid player. Mann can punt. Still waiting for few of the others to get healthy. Certainly has the makings of a solid draft. 

• Upvote 1

According to PFF, Darryl Roberts had a hell of a performance. In fact, it was good enough to land on their list of the top 10 standout defensive back performances of Week 1.

Roberts was targeted five times, allowing just one catch for 22 yards while breaking up one of the incompletions,” PFF’s Sam Monson wrote. “Roberts may not have a large role once the Lions get healthy, but this was an excellent performance in relief anyway.”

54 minutes ago, MicDrass1 said:

According to PFF, Darryl Roberts had a hell of a performance. In fact, it was good enough to land on their list of the top 10 standout defensive back performances of Week 1.

Roberts was targeted five times, allowing just one catch for 22 yards while breaking up one of the incompletions,” PFF’s Sam Monson wrote. “Roberts may not have a large role once the Lions get healthy, but this was an excellent performance in relief anyway.”

Every week a new player who got away from Gase emerges, yet again just to remind us that the Jets that they have one of the worst coaches in the history of Football at the helm just absolutely dragging this franchise through the mud with no actual end in sight.

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

No one but the most deluded of Jets fans along with the Jets PR department believed that fairy tale

Then it was a very vocal minority who thought Robbie was a one trick pony (despite performing pretty durn well on a garbage team for several years) while Perriman was a stud based on 4 weeks of garbage time football against schlub teams.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Then it was a very vocal minority who thought Robbie was a one trick pony (despite performing pretty durn well on a garbage team for several years) while Perriman was a stud based on 4 weeks of garbage time football against schlub teams.

Yeah irrational logic all good fun though, this season would suck even more with Jet Nation.