21 members have voted

1. 1. Career Trajectory

• Consensus GOAT
    • Montana/Manning/Brady/Darnold
    • 1st Ballot HOF
    • Top current NFL QB
    • Perennial Pro-Bowler/All-Pro Selection

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Can it be simultaneously true that Darnold had a glaring weakness coming into the NFL that has continued to be a glaring weakness and that he had zero chance to succeed with the circumstances around him?

Agreed.   As with most things this season, two things can be true at the same time.    When things go this bad, it’s never just one or the other, it’s this and that.   

• Upvote 2

He's going to wash out of the league by the time he's about 28-29.  

No journeyman success.  No QB2 success.  He doesn't have the balls or the processing abilities to play in this league.  He's completely overmatched out there.  A few nice games mixed in with 25 or so that were either "meh" or straight up awful does not a career make. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold may have been one of those Qbs who in the past would have benefited greatly from learning from the bench. Unfortunately in today's NFL it's right into the fire for the rookies. And the fire that is the Jets blazes like a supernova.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Vinny T, Brad Johnson, Jeff George type of career.  Will bounce around the league for 10-15 years.  Have a nice season every 2-4 years, play in a few PS games, but will never be the guy.  

Honestly, I never liked Vinny's game.  Okay, maybe 1998 was cool when he played lights out for us.  Just threw a sh*t ton of INTs throughout his career.   But talent wise?  Darnold could not shine Vinny's shoes.  Better arm, courage and threw for a bunch of TDs.  They both had/have difficulty reading NFL defenses.

Gun to my head, I don't believe Darnold will be in the league in five years.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Honestly, I never liked Vinny's game.  Okay, maybe 1998 was cool when he played lights out for us.  Just threw a sh*t ton of INTs throughout his career.   But talent wise?  Darnold could not shine Vinny's shoes.  Better arm, courage and threw for a bunch of TDs.  They both had/have difficulty reading NFL defenses.

Gun to my head, I don't believe Darnold will be in the league in five years.

From a talent standpoint Vinny and Jeff George were both ahead of Darnold, but could see Sam have that sort of career.  Fitz might be a better comp for Sam from a talent standpoint.  

• Upvote 1