Sign in to follow this  
extmenace

Drafttek Mock Draft

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

That would definitely be so Jets. Draft TL then go defense back to back.

Ok. Except in THIS draft they go Offense the rest of the way, lol. 

You can't just ignore Edge and CB, two positions the Jets desperately need addressed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It looks like if we are going by how the Drafttek mock plays out, Mukuamu is still on the board and I would take him over Samuel Jr. just b/c I really want someone who can play on the outside and I think Samuel Jr. will most likely be relegated to the slot in the NFL. Then at 33 I would take big Trey Smith, assuming his health issues are behind him, instead of Oweh. I like Oweh and the Jets DO need an Edge but the value is not there IMO. They may as well take a more developmental pass rusher later on like Rumph or Shaka Toney- both chosen in Rd. 3 of this mock.  

My mock would look something like this in the first 3 rounds:

-Lawrence

-T.Smith

-Mukuamu

-T.Wallace

-S.Toney

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Actually, the goal should be to surround Lawrence with as many high skill players on offense and give him a chance to succeed. Building a well rounded team is a distant second. 

I would rather watch Lawrence put up 5k yards passing and go 0-16 again then watch Lawrence struggle but win 4-5 games because our defense is now marginal. 
Once Lawrence is established you can go all defense in the 2022 or 2023 for all I care. 

That's fine and I def agree but you can do it in a number of ways. I don't want a bunch of rookies and second year guys protecting Trevor and out there trying to get open. He should have some vets as well. He should have some semblance of a well rounded team starting to take shape, not a crap team that keeps losing because they can't stop the pass game and/or have invested a ton of cash in a CB who is over the hill, which happens so often. Thats my concern. 

This can be a pretty quick 'rebuild' if the Jets do it right and if TL is indeed 'the guy'. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company