Sign in to follow this  
extmenace

Drafttek Mock Draft

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well there's that and the fact that defense is dead.  Even Nick Saban realizes the days of having a great defense, doesnt matter.  Scoring does.  

The Jets with the worst talent on D in the entire NFL just forced Buffalo to 5 FG's and kept them out of the endzone.

Don't forget that the Bills were without John Brown, a key figure for them, and their top two tight ends. That is a large part of their offense and enabled the Jets to double Diggs.

This is going to be a long rebuild. They need numerous OLs, one of which has to be a capable center. They need another WR to compliment Mims (who, to be fair, is still an unknown) and to replace Perriman. On defense, they still need a pass rusher and a couple of LBs, and that is assuming the Austin and Bryce Hall will be decent. All of this is just to obtain decent starters, we're not even talking about any depth. This is not going to be solved in one or two drafts.

I haven't addressed QB yet. I am done defending Darnold. I think he could still be a good QB, but not with the Jets. I agree that Lawrence looks good, but he has been on teams with superior talent his entire football career. None of us have any idea how he will perform on a team of substandard talent.  And there is no guarantee that he will not go back to school.

I would prefer to trade the top picks for a boatload of picks to shore up the rest of the team first. here is always another franchise QB  coming. Kyler Murray, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Mayfield, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson and Mahomes have all been drafted in the last 3 years. There is no reason  to believe that trend will not continue.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company