Sign in to follow this  
TMAC

45, 43, 39, 37, 37, 35, 33, 27, 27, 25, 23, 22, 18

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Realistically, what options do the Jets have if Lawrence says he will not play for the Jets? After drafting a player who outright refused to play for them they either 1) watch him sit out and be true to his statement; 2) watch him pout and complain his way through camp to shoot his way out of Dodge (see e.g. Jamal Adams); or 3) trade him for far less than you'd get for the pick because teams now know you have no other choice but to trade him. 

The Jets need to send a "plant" reporter to a Clemson press conference and have them ask Lawrence if he'd play for the Jets if they finish 0-16 and draft him.

If we're sitting at #1, TL's team literally will have input into Gase's replacement.  He'd be here...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And if I’m the #1 pick and the team is asking ME who to hire as HC, I’m running away, far away.

So you're the Johnsons, you've just been thru a humiliating 0-16 run, you've just fired Gase and the whole staff, TL is undeclared for the draft. and you're NOT going to send out feelers to TL's camp about your HC short list?  C'mon...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Do we ask them who we should pick in the draft too?

Dude...  If you don't think CJ's selection of the next HC of the NYJ isn't going to play into the calculus of Team Trevor's decision to stay in school or declare, then, whatever...

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

They may not necessarily come out and ask him but they will be talking to any and everybody to figure out who is most likely to have him succeed. They will base their HC search on Trevor 100% if we land #1

They need to make sure 100% he's not going to pull an Eli.  The new HC is probably the biggest factor in that. That's my only point...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

His soon to be agent, likely CAA, may request to be consulted to have a kind of veto power over the coach hire, but if you think the Agency is going to stick their necks out and say they want a certain coach (and risk it blowing up in their face), then whatever... 

We agree. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company